Coachery

I'm new to this post so bear with me. We all have our wish list of hires, but I do believe there was a telling statement in the Danny White presser though. He mentioned something in effect about us not needing him if he were to hire whoever the fans wanted. I agree we need a big time hire to get us through and out of this situation we are in, but all things considered he's not had a bad football hire in his tenure as an AD anywhere. I will give a little on the fact that those weren't power 5 schools, but I am willing to let this guy get his guy. I mean after all, if it doesn't work out then we get to do this again in another 3 years (sarcasm)!! Go Vols!!!

Whoever the new coach is, TN fans need to settle in and prepare for the longhaul. This isn't a 3 year turn around to get back to national relevancy. With the mass exodus of talent we've seen and the looming sanctions, it is likely to get worse before it gets better. If we have a winning season in the next 2 years, I will honestly be surprised.

I'm blocked at work. What does it say?
"I can’t say for certain that Tennessee has its man. But I can say that two candidates that were closely vetted by Parker were informed last night that they won’t be receiving formal interviews. Two others that have been linked to the job by media have not been contacted at all."

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
In fairness, it said TWO others linked by media.

There's been at least 3 names dropped by the media. So it could still be him. Just that it's not 2 of those that they named so far.
I'm going to pray that it's not Tony Elliott because Tennessee doesn't need to be burned by another coordinator with no coaching experience.

Is it possible that it could be a current NFL guy? I have no information, just checking what others think. Could it be that all the smoke around these mentioned college coaches, is just that, smoke? Thoughts?

If you really interpret the news blurb from Brian Rice it says....2 potential candidates have been taken off the list and no one knows who we are going to hire just yet.

Reactions: kcvols1

VN Store

Back