Clemson's Success & Butch Jones

the rise of clemson spells out the end of butch jones at tennessee. Butch made his living the past 4 years on strong recruiting but we saw this year that clemson went into temnessee's backyard and took what they wanted.

Tee higgins, hunter johnson and trevor lawerence might only be the start of the damage clemson can do to tennessee's recruiting.

Recruting is one of the only thing butch has going for him. Without top 10 classes he doesn't bring much to the table and won't last much longer.

If clemson beats bama...

omg....

Ironic how you're praising the accession of a Clemson program that was just 29-19 after four years under its current head coach. Butch Jones is 30-21 after four years, after inheriting a much worse roster and playing a much tougher schedule.

In those first four years, Clemson fans weren't constantly throwing their coaches under the bus for failing to meet irrational expectations. If Clemson had pulled the plug on Dabo Swinney after four years, it would've missed out on the 59-9 run they've been on for the past five years. Clemson fans have been rewarded with success commensurate to their loyalty. PATIENCE, POSITIVITY, AND STABILITY have been the key to their success, on and off the field.

Dabo won his division in his first year and the ACC in his third. Stability is overrated, and positivity with a guy who is probably going to get canned next year is also overrated.

Reactions: 3 people
I can't see why so many fans have discounted the injury bug that kicked UT's 1s and 2s out of playing or they played injured......did you not see how well they played once some of the players were allowed to heal? the LB played was 100% better........I like Jumper.....but he lacked speed and had too many MAs.

How can you not see why? It wrecks their stupid..wait for it...AGENDA. The man will do no right in their eyes. If we win 11 games and lose in the playoffs next year..They will ***** as soon as we lose. They want Butchs head on a spike, and will never shut up till they get it.

Reactions: 2 people
I use to pull for Clemson also because they was not Tennessee's rival and my grandmother is from Easley SC. That being said I can't pull for them anymore since they have stole every 5 star that has decommited from us. I don't know whether to pull for Clemson and see them take every decent player in state or pull the semi pro team Bama.

Reactions: 1 person
Ironic how you're praising the accession of a Clemson program that was just 29-19 after four years under its current head coach. Butch Jones is 30-21 after four years, after inheriting a much worse roster and playing a much tougher schedule.

In those first four years, Clemson fans weren't constantly throwing their coaches under the bus for failing to meet irrational expectations. If Clemson had pulled the plug on Dabo Swinney after four years, it would've missed out on the 59-9 run they've been on for the past five years. Clemson fans have been rewarded with success commensurate to their loyalty. PATIENCE, POSITIVITY, AND STABILITY have been the key to their success, on and off the field.

So you're saying no Clemson fans had any criticism for Dabo after going 6-7 in year 3? Can you document that for us? Cause if you can't, not gonna buy it.

As a matter of fact, here's a couple of paragraphs from a Bleacher Report article discussing that not only were many Clemson fans not happy from day 1 of his hiring, they were damn near apolplectic (firedaboswinney.com website was created) after his 3rd season (they didn't wait til year 4) which ended with a bowl loss to SCar and a 6-7 finish.....

"A website with the domain firedaboswinney.com popped up. A Facebook group by the same name was created. The Internet message boards and radio call-in shows were inundated with fans calling for Dabo's head.

Results like this weren't going to be tolerated at Clemson, regardless of what level of success Dabo had experienced the previous year. Drastic changes had to be made, and the former insurance salesman wasn't going to waste any time."

How can you not see why? It wrecks their stupid..wait for it...AGENDA. The man will do no right in their eyes. If we win 11 games and lose in the playoffs next year..They will ***** as soon as we lose. They want Butchs head on a spike, and will never shut up till they get it.

I'll be very happy with a playoff appearance. Some of us just know it'll never happen under Butch.

Reactions: 4 people
Wishful thinking by an OP who obviously dislikes Jones. CBJ will rise or fall on his own accomplishments and failures. Clemson has potential to be one more pain in the rear recruiting wise but the list of those competing for recruits is a long one.

I'm amazed at how many are still in Butch's corner...Guy's a high school gym teacher with great catch phrases! His development & Coaching skills are NOT the caliber necessary to win at a high level, esp given the SEC competition we face every year! And UGA is going to be back to Top 5 quickly given the recruiting & pedigree of Kirby & Co.

Dabo DID poach what he wanted out of our back yard, and to argue this is naive! How do you blame the kids...if they're paying attention they know Butch is a dead man walking. If you look at rosters of Playoff teams, IT TAKES 5 STARS TO WIN... we don't get them & run them off when we do!

Facts are not negative & if you objectively look at the Class, this Coaching staff, the state of the Vols program you can't be excited about our current destiny... the Music City Bowl every year.

#GetCHIP

The level of hostility here tells me that everyone knows the truth.

Butch is a mediocre at best coach and without recruiting to hide behind he will crumble like Dooley.

You can throw insults all you want but we all know what's coming.
Who you got in mind to come in and take this program to the next level with no drop offs?

Engaging some of these posts is like trying to talk politics with Millennials. There is no gray area, just a black and white ends justify the means perspective coupled with a willingness to ignore hypocrisy and blatant falsehoods so long as it supports their POV contrasted by an unwavering intolerance and hostility towards any opposing opinion.

LOL you sound like Eugene from The Walking Dead!

A healthy team got extremely lucky they beat Appy. injuries is not the reason we lost to bad SC and Vandy teams. You have your right to think that....we have our right. Great coaches would have had our guys prepared and beat them. Losers make excuses

Right on brother! People in today's time only want to praise the result, not the hard road taken to get there. Success most of the time is the result of lessons learned from failures/disappointment, it's rarely instant.

Did you read the post I quoted with that statement?

UF wasn't very good they also got hammered by a non contending Arkansas team. The East sucked, and we finished 4-4 in the conference. It is what it is.

I agree. UF was not good, at least offensively. But their defense was very good. And their injuries on defense didn't start piiling up until late in the season. Our defense was decimated by the Bama game.

VN Store

Back