Clemson's Success & Butch Jones

Whether its 1 or 2, the fact is that they've hurt us. The company line is that we just didn't have the depth overcome injuries. Lack of depth means that we don't have people on campus to compete at the SEC level. A class that is way top heavy on 3* projects will not change that situation. Our staff has failed miserably at development and it doesn't look like there will be many staff changes. Please take all of that, shake it around and explain to me how we can really expect this team to be any better next season.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with what I posted. I didn't mention depth or our staff's ability to develop players, but it's okay. I responded to him saying Clemson came into our backyard and took what they wanted. That's untrue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The rise of Clemson spells out the end of Butch Jones at Tennessee. Butch made his living the past 4 years on strong recruiting but we saw this year that Clemson went into Temnessee's backyard and took what they wanted.

Tee Higgins, Hunter Johnson and Trevor Lawerence might only be the start of the damage Clemson can do to Tennessee's recruiting.

Recruting is one of the only thing Butch has going for him. Without top 10 classes he doesn't bring much to the table and won't last much longer.

If Clemson beats Bama...

You new at college football?

The rise of Clemson spells out the end of Butch Jones at Tennessee. Butch made his living the past 4 years on strong recruiting but we saw this year that Clemson went into Temnessee's backyard and took what they wanted.

Tee Higgins, Hunter Johnson and Trevor Lawerence might only be the start of the damage Clemson can do to Tennessee's recruiting.

Recruting is one of the only thing Butch has going for him. Without top 10 classes he doesn't bring much to the table and won't last much longer.

If Clemson beats Bama...

Stupid post but hey you will always have Cat's support he loves these kind of threads. lol

Reactions: 7 people
OR...we should all relax and use Dabo as an example of how patience with a coach can pay off. Wasn't the term for blowing easy games and being outcoached "clemsoning" ? He had his peaks, plateaus and valleys, his big wins and bitter disappointments along the way to making a powerhouse. What if he was fired after being upset 3 years in a row?

If Clemson beats Bama...
WELL 1 out 3 is 333 in baseball, i saw Hunter JOHNSON 3 TIMES and he isn't the real deal would not fit our offense JG can run circles around both of them. they did get T but after this year the TIGER'S will be a so so team.

If Clemson beats Bama...

Well that took less than 30 hrs!

STFU!

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 1 person

If Clemson beats Bama...

Who is Temnessee's anyway? :lolabove:

Tennesseeduke

He won his division 3 of his first 4 years and won the conference in his 3rd.

WEAK conference! We throttled the runner ups and LSU just trucked Louisville and so did Kentucky! VT, Louisville finished 2nd and 3rd in that league.

I'll switch our schedule with Clemson's every year!!! They have 9 Vandy's and Missouri's on that schedule.

Tennesseeduke

Do you really believe what you post are "facts"? Butch is not a lame duck coach.
You are either a troll or incredibly ________

Your post indicates a severe deficiency in reading comprehension. I assume you are either developmentally disabled or just a mean spirited bully out to insult random people.

Reactions: 1 person

If Clemson beats Bama...

GO root for them because Butch will be here several more years.

Reactions: 3 people
The level of hostility here tells me that everyone knows the truth.

Butch is a mediocre at best coach and without recruiting to hide behind he will crumble like Dooley.

You can throw insults all you want but we all know what's coming.

Attachments

• IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0304.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
The level of hostility here tells me that everyone knows the truth.

Butch is a mediocre at best coach and without recruiting to hide behind he will crumble like Dooley.

You can throw insults all you want but we all know what's coming.

Why do people continue to bring up Dooley with Butch Jones? The man may have some faults, but there is not one ounce of him that relates to Dooley. Bowl game wins, beating UF and UGA, never giving up, winning 9 games, and recruiting at a high level (even this year Butch has committed more dynamic players than Dooley) are all things Dooley never did. Just quit it. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: 9 people
Why do people continue to bring up Dooley with Butch Jones? The man may have some faults, but there is not one ounce of him that relates to Dooley. Bowl game wins, beating UF and UGA, never giving up, winning 9 games, and recruiting at a high level (even this year Butch has committed more dynamic players than Dooley) are all things Dooley never did. Just quit it. It's ridiculous.

And Dooley beat him head to head. So there's that.

And Dooley beat him head to head. So there's that.

It's clear that you have an agenda and don't really care about anything else. Then you throw it back by saying people are dumb.

Dooley had the better players, and you know that. But it doesn't fit what you want. I am tired of people who are so emotional about it that it has clouded their judgment. Happy 2017 to you!

Reactions: 4 people
You forget to say he didn't follow Dooley.:thud:

Ah, the old fall back 4 years removed.

When or if Jones ever figures out how to win a division that hasn't been good since he's been here you might can slip in a conversation about Dabo and patience.

WEAK conference! We throttled the runner ups and LSU just trucked Louisville and so did Kentucky! VT, Louisville finished 2nd and 3rd in that league.

I'll switch our schedule with Clemson's every year!!! They have 9 Vandy's and Missouri's on that schedule.

Tennesseeduke

And FSU curb stomped the team that cleared us by 2 games to win the east.

Thud. Lol

VN Store

Back