Clemson's Success & Butch Jones

bigsteve13

THE BOSS
The rise of Clemson spells out the end of Butch Jones at Tennessee. Butch made his living the past 4 years on strong recruiting but we saw this year that Clemson went into Temnessee's backyard and took what they wanted.

Tee Higgins, Hunter Johnson and Trevor Lawerence might only be the start of the damage Clemson can do to Tennessee's recruiting.

Recruting is one of the only thing Butch has going for him. Without top 10 classes he doesn't bring much to the table and won't last much longer.

If Clemson beats Bama...

Reactions: 11 people
The rise of Clemson spells out the end of Butch Jones at Tennessee. Butch made his living the past 4 years on strong recruiting but we saw this year that Clemson went into Temnessee's backyard and took what they wanted.

Tee Higgins, Hunter Johnson and Trevor Lawerence might only be the start of the damage Clemson can do to Tennessee's recruiting.

Recruting is one of the only thing Butch has going for him. Without top 10 classes he doesn't bring much to the table and won't last much longer.

If Clemson beats Bama...

:crazy:

Reactions: 15 people
Butch had his best chance this year. It will only be harder next year. We just have to hope we get a good AD so IF he fails again next year, we hire someone good.

Reactions: 5 people
It just so happened they were in on a bunch of our prospects. Correlation of success is not direct though. Both can be good.

Or Tennessee could do what Clemson has done the next few years if JG is the real deal.Clemson had Boyd(Dobbs) and then it was RS Watson(JG) turn to take the next step forward.

Reactions: 13 people
I still have my doubts that Lawrence ends up at Clemson..still plenty of time for things to change up his recruitment. As for Johnson and Higgins...good players, but overrated, especially Johnson. I expect them to fall quite a bit once Watson leaves and for FSU to take back the ACC.

Reactions: 4 people
I still have my doubts that Lawrence ends up at Clemson..still plenty of time for things to change up his recruitment. As for Johnson and Higgins...good players, but overrated, especially Johnson. I expect them to fall quite a bit once Watson leaves and for FSU to take back the ACC.

If Lawrence goes to Clemson Johnson will be a 5 star clip board holder or Indiana needs a qb

Reactions: 3 people
We lost one of those recruits that I care about. Rogers is not a very good QB, Trevor Lawrence hasn't signed with anybody.

Tee Higgins hurt, but I worry more about recruiting battles with teams that we play. The state of Georgia has always been critical for us. I do, however, still curse when I think about Taj Boyd.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch had his best chance this year. It will only be harder next year. We just have to hope we get a good AD so IF he fails again next year, we hire someone good.

I agree with this and firmly believe that Butch is now on the countdown. Only question is how long will his lame duck period last and will our new AD have the resources and desire to make us truly competitive again.

Reactions: 2 people

If Clemson beats Bama...

I agree..after a disappointing season Butch really needed to knock it out of the park with recruiting and that doesn't appear that it's going to happen. Butch needs to overachieve this year in a big way and I'll be surprised if he does. I for one don't think Butch understands the expectations here after he had the audacity to even ask for a raise. Save me the "that's what agents do" bit. I just don't feel like Butch is "owning it"

Yeah boy, that Clemson. Good thing nobody else had ever been good that we recruit against like Alabama or Auburn or Georgia or LSU or Ohio State or Michigan or Florida or Florida State or Miami.

For starters.

You are a chump if you think one more team to compete with will be the downfall of the program. We've always had to compete with great teams for players.

Reactions: 21 people
Took what they wanted? I stopped reading there. They have one player from Tennessee that we really wanted.

Whether its 1 or 2, the fact is that they've hurt us. The company line is that we just didn't have the depth overcome injuries. Lack of depth means that we don't have people on campus to compete at the SEC level. A class that is way top heavy on 3* projects will not change that situation. Our staff has failed miserably at development and it doesn't look like there will be many staff changes. Please take all of that, shake it around and explain to me how we can really expect this team to be any better next season.

Reactions: 3 people
I agree with this and firmly believe that Butch is now on the countdown. Only question is how long will his lame duck period last and will our new AD have the resources and desire to make us truly competitive again.

Halfwit post. Only question is how long before the next duh huh

Reactions: 9 people
Need to work on your attention span

My attention span is perfectly fine, thanks. You said that they came into our backyard and took what they wanted which is a lie and nothing more. Like I said, they took one recruit from Tennessee that we wanted, and they only have two recruits from Tennessee in their class. Our recruiting has dropped off this season a little, but the notion on this board that Clemson is the reason is false. If anyone can name just one school that completely locks their state down, I'm all ears.

You don't know enough about football to even make such statements. You remind me of some sort of robot that has learned enough from others' conversations to somewhat fit in without a lot of posters realizing you have no clue what you are talking about. By the way, UGA will blow again next year.

Haha. Great

If Clemson beats Bama...

Actually Clemson's success bodes well for Butch. It took Dabo 6 years to get it right. Butch can use him as an example of how patience pays off.

Reactions: 12 people

VN Store

Back