Classless...period

Just for clarification sake, the incident with my girlfriend happened around 40 years ago and was for illustrative purposes. It happened at a LV/Tennessee Tech game in Stokely. That was a cup of ice thrown from about 10 rows behind the pep band and really messed her mouth up. Imagine the same cup of ice thrown from a much higher level with far more momentum. That is the reason throwing stuff from the stands infuriates me so much.

Well… You didn’t have to clarify lol. However your point is well taken. I agree. I don’t haven’t know how you can sit there and watch people throw things in the stands. Nobody threw anything where I was sitting. I might have… Probably would have… Got my butt kicked but I couldn’t just sit there and watch it. I don’t know if you guys saw the post about all the people watching the woman get raped on the subway in Philadelphia. Sad society we are becoming.

Thanks for providing a novel that in no way addressed my post but I'm just looking for some proof that somebody was injured by a thrown object.

Go root for vandy. Thanks.
No, that's not what you're looking for.

You're here looking for someone, anyone, to support a childish rant. The game didn't go the way you wanted it to, and you're looking for others to join you in blaming anything and anyone for you being sad. You're a 4-year-old looking around to see if any of your brothers and sisters will throw a fit alongside you.

Because at root, you're a coward. You don't have the moral fortitude to take a loss in a football game like a mature adult, to accept that sometimes life just doesn't go your way. You'd rather hide in the closet, pretending there are always other people to blame for your unhappiness, and if you'll just pout and throw things enough, it will get better.

I won't even suggest that YOU go root for Vandy, because right now, you don't deserve to root for any sports team at any level.

No, that's not what you're looking for.

You're here looking for someone, anyone, to support a childish rant. The game didn't go the way you wanted it to, and you're looking for others to join you in blaming anything and anyone for you being sad. You're a 4-year-old looking around to see if any of your brothers and sisters will throw a fit alongside you.

Because at root, you're a coward. You don't have the moral fortitude to take a loss in a football game like a mature adult, to accept that sometimes life just doesn't go your way. You'd rather hide in the closet, pretending there are always other people to blame for your unhappiness, and if you'll just pout and throw things enough, it will get better.

I won't even suggest that YOU go root for Vandy, because right now, you don't deserve to root for any sports team at any level.

TL;DR

Sure having all day to get liquored up didn't help. I would fine the school and move all remaining home games to 12 noon. Utter ridiculous display but a bunch of morons.

Reactions: MiramarVol
Throwing trash on the field happens all of the time in baseball after a bad call. Why is it classless when we do it??? Several calls were beyond egregious in this game. I don’t condone this type of behavior, but perhaps some of it was warranted this time. Hmmm

One day, you're gonna grow up. Probably.

And when you do, you'll understand that it's not okay to throw a temper tantrum. You'll learn that we each, all of us, get to control exactly one person: ourselves. We don't get to control the refs. Or the opposing team's players. Or coaching staff. We have responsibility and authority over the actions of one single person.

And the thing about maturing, it comes with a realization that you could do better. That you _should_ do better. That the impact you make on the world around you, good or evil, is all you get credit for in life. At the end of the day, you are nothing to the rest of the world but the net sum of all that you did. And if much of what you did is cheap, dirty, selfish, childish, well, that's you.

Here's hoping you are one day mature enough to understand all this.

Until then, stay the hell away from our program, please. We don't need you sullying it with your immature idiocy.
You posted my thoughts before I got to them. Thank you.

Throwing trash on the field happens all of the time in baseball after a bad call. Why is it classless when we do it??? Several calls were beyond egregious in this game. I don’t condone this type of behavior, but perhaps some of it was warranted this time. Hmmm
No.

Acting childish, throwing a tantrum, and especially doing it in a way that could injure others, is always wrong. Is never warranted.

It's wrong at baseball games (BTW, that's a childish reaction, "Mikey and the others do it, why can't I?"), and it's especially wrong at Tennessee Volunteers sporting events. Because those are the ones we all here care about together.

It is never warranted. Never. No matter the circumstances, you always have responsibility for controlling yourself.

Reactions: MiramarVol
No.

Acting childish, throwing a tantrum, and especially doing it in a way that could injure others, is always wrong. Is never warranted.

It's wrong at baseball games, and it's especially wrong at Tennessee Volunteers sporting events. Because those are the ones we all here care about together.

It is never warranted. Never. No matter the circumstances, you always have responsibility for controlling yourself.

I agree with you to a certain extent. The golf ball was too much. But why is it more wrong at Tennessee than it is in baseball games? Not according to you, but by societal standards. Baseball trash is no big deal and commonplace.

The reversed call on the fumble TD was worse than the 4th down spot to me. Some of it was warranted in my opinion, but yes, probably taken a little too far.

If one lets someone screw them over and over without batting an eyelash, they will continue to do just that. Can’t stand for it. I know as Tennessee fans we should hold ourselves to a higher standard, but we need to realize that the rest of the SEC doesn’t play by those rules…and it’s to our detriment a lot of the time. I’m not one to condone this type of behavior either, but man, if there ever were a time. That was it

Last edited:
Reactions: Rando
Unbelievable! It’s becoming so difficult to be a football fan. My Vols rip my heart out on Saturday and then my Dolphins turn around and do the same on Sunday and hand the winless jaguars their first win of the season. 🤦‍♂️
Thank god the NHL is back.
GBO!!

This is the most embarrassing thing I have seen from Tennessee fans ever. We should never say **** about piss-filled balloons or other fans. This is just gross.

I’m more ticked about Las Vegas always nailing the TN point spread than frustrated “fanatics” being frustrated.

Wonder if the media will call this a “mostly peaceful protest” or no? 👀
I saw some libtard in the lamestream media saying the TN fan base is a very good fan base and that those fans throwing the trash do not represent the vast majority of TN fans.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
I’m more ticked about Las Vegas always nailing the TN point spread than frustrated “fanatics” being frustrated.
Frustrated is not interchangeable with out of control. Frustrated fans groan and chant. Fans throwing **** at opposing players, our band, and our cheerleaders for 20 minutes is different.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Do you condone the fan action during the coaching search? You are over reacting about what happened at the game. This did zero to hurt the program and actually may help in recruiting. It shows that after 2 decades of irrelevancy the fanbase still cares about this program. You pearl clutching fans are just as bad as the idiots throwing stuff on the field. This is no big deal.

Lol. Yes I'm sure the recruits in attendance loved being pelted with trash and beer and potentially golf balls. Such an amazing recruiting tactic. Why haven't we tried it more?

Throwing objects is very childish behavior. Yes we got screwed imo but throwing objects on the field could have forfeited the game.

It's classless when anyone does it. Mr just us

VN Store

Back