Classless...period

Fair enough, I needed to go 30 minutes ago but I have not posted since 2017. I figured if I left it might take a long time to reply haha.

Well, heck, man...oh, I got something in my eye.., I mean..ah! Now what'd you have to do that far!!!??

1634482321290.png

You know the irony in this. This fanbase loves to poke fun at Alabama fans and other schools located more Southern than us for being unintelligent hicks that can't read and look like something from one of the wrong turn movies. What do you think those fanbases are going to do with this act of high brow intellectual brilliance, huh? We will be the laughing stock of every chat room of every team in the country. ALL of the sports networks will be playing this FOREVER. The idiots involved should never be allowed on campus again. No justification for this crap EVER.

Oh no! The laughing the stock of the chat rooms???

RIP Tennessee football. After the last 10 or so years, who would have thought that some water bottles would bring us down.

I don't disagree with the why. However, taunting fans, our boys do it too, so that part doesn't fly with me. Now, regarding not going to games anymore, I'm with you, though my reasons are a bit more expanded. Number one, as you said, immature rubes and rednceks, except I sort of like rednecks, respect them, actually. I don't like anybody who is a bigot and insists on acting like an A-hole. Number two, for me, too many bipedal whales who take away too much space on the seats. Now, the funny thing is, it's not much that they take up the space, but the arrogant, smirking attitude they exhibit knowing they are making your Neyland experience uncomfortable, so I guess it's their attitude more than their size. Number three, folks pooh-pooh me, but I anticipate with so many people having open and conceal carry arms, it's only a matter of time before some drunk or sober jackass goes Bama or use some type of drone attack at Neyland. Number three, I'm becoming more and more addicted to watching games streamed to my big TV, while eating usually game meat dinners and drinking whatever I want without selling my wife and soul for a beverage.
God the IQ of this post. As usual. Drone attacks? Relax Billy Bob

Just heard from a good friend who was at the game. He just happens to be an Ole Miss fan. I couldn't make the game due to other travel.

"Sadly I did get sprayed with Coke and ice from one of your stupid fans." He did not feel safe as a single tix holder.

He dispises bama as much as I do, he agrees SEC officials are a joke, loves to the point of envy our pre game activities, but he never expected to be treated how he was treated by Tennessee fans.

Those of you defending this kind of crap, finding excuses for it and saying it's ok because others do it are embarrassing yourself, the University, the team and even the State.

If some water bottles being thrown onto the field hurts your sensibilities, I would recommend rooting for vandy. Their fans don't care enough to even complain.

I'm mystified that anyone would minimize this. Luckily no one was hurt, but I would think a water bottle, especially with content, would hurt like hell if it hit you from 20-30 feet away. Not to mention that it interrupted the game. In case you didn't notice, at the end you had two shots to win it. But the fan behavior almost cost you that opportunity.

You are truly an idiot and an example of what is wrong with this entire society now. You are probably ok with burning buildings and autonomous zones. I have seen the effect of thrown objects by fans injuring people. It happened when I was in the band when the same type of morons would throw cups of ice "in protest" from the upper deck. There were several bloodied fans who were guilty of nothing else that having a seat in the line of fire of an idiot! My girlfriend, who played trumpet, got hit in the back of the head and busted her mouth wide open. You justifying this and claiming it will help the program is beyond dumb. You should change your screen name to the title of this thread.

Sorry to hear about your gf. Hope she will be alright. People forget that there are still a lot of young people in the band, cheer, dance and football teams. That had to be very frightening. Young or old, no one should have to be a victim of this cowardness.

I am as upset as anyone about Kiffin and the refs but this was stupid. Anyone that thinks this will help recruiting is an idiot. Will it pass? Sure. Years ago it was liquor bottles. Happens often at basketball and hockey games. Is it in any way, shape or form positive? No.

Last edited:
Reactions: I4Vols and Pride85
I again think we might consider putting at least a 24 hour ban on posting ANYTHING relative to Vol sports (especially football) after the game🤔. We just have a few who can not think straight initially until they have a few days of contemplation. I was in attendance last night as well. CLEARLY…. it was an unacceptable action by a few. Dangerous to some degree? Probably. Tough calls that went against us? Absolutely! But throwing ANYTHING at the field of play (or court which I’ve seen happen while attending an Ole Miss basketball game) WILL NEVER be an acceptable act by reasonable fans. JMO.

I again think we might consider putting at least a 24 hour ban on posting ANYTHING relative to Vol sports (especially football) after the game🤔. We just have a few who can not think straight initially until they have a few days of contemplation. I was in attendance last night as well. CLEARLY…. it was an unacceptable action by a few. Dangerous to some degree? Probably. Tough calls that went against us? Absolutely! But throwing ANYTHING at the field of play (or court which I’ve seen happen while attending an Ole Miss basketball game) WILL NEVER be an acceptable act by reasonable fans. JMO.

Fans should be banned and students should be suspended maybe even kicked out.

Now if we could put Kiffin in the middle of the field and all of us through stuff at him… I might be ok with that.

He’s not worth putting other people at risk though.

How many injuries were reported from this incident?

Emergency rooms in Knoxville must be overflowing with trauma victims from the sound of it.

How about the guy whose girlfriend in the band got her lip split open? I guess you’re OK with that. The ends justify the means?

Just an opinion, but I think the events last night reflect our society in today’s world. If you think this is a tn fan thing, you are not paying attention. I see video of fights in stadiums every week now on the news and social media. Things have been thrown onto the field of play has happened many times over the past few years at many sporting events. People aren’t happy right now, not just tn fans, but society as a whole. We have surpassed the point to where people feel like they can take the high road and it will get fixed. People spend what little money they have to go to an event, thinking it will bring them joy just to be let down, or feel robbed. People no longer have self control, this has been proven with the riots and acts of societal decay the past several years. The mob mentality is here, and it’s here to stay sadly. If alabama or Georgia were to lose to tn in the upcoming games due to what they perceive as bad officiating, I don’t think they would contain themselves either and take the high road. I am a die hard tn fan and have been for many years, last night was not acceptable and embarrassing but also expected with the way our society has regressed.

I'm wondering if OM will sue Tn for endangering their players and staff. Also will Kiffin sue UT for being hit. And will the SEC hit us with a big fine and will it affect our current problem with them? How will it affect recruiting? And finally is this what you tell your 10 year old son to do if you don't like the way things are going? Do you throw water bottles or go burn some buildings down? Tn will long be remembered for last night. Sad.

One day, you're gonna grow up. Probably.

And when you do, you'll understand that it's not okay to throw a temper tantrum. You'll learn that we each, all of us, get to control exactly one person: ourselves. We don't get to control the refs. Or the opposing team's players. Or coaching staff. We have responsibility and authority over the actions of one single person.

And the thing about maturing, it comes with a realization that you could do better. That you _should_ do better. That the impact you make on the world around you, good or evil, is all you get credit for in life. At the end of the day, you are nothing to the rest of the world but the net sum of all that you did. And if much of what you did is cheap, dirty, selfish, childish, well, that's you.

Here's hoping you are one day mature enough to understand all this.

Until then, stay the hell away from our program, please. We don't need you sullying it with your immature idiocy.

Sorry to hear about your gf. Hope she will be alright. People forget that there are still a lot of young people in the band, cheer, dance and football teams. That had to be very frightening. Young or old, no one should have to be a victim of this cowardness.

I am as upset as anyone about Kiffin and the refs but this was stupid. Anyone that thinks this will help recruiting is an idiot. Will it pass? Sure. Years ago it was liquor bottles. Happens often at basketball and hockey games. Is it in any way, shape or form positive? No.
Just for clarification sake, the incident with my girlfriend happened around 40 years ago and was for illustrative purposes. It happened at a LV/Tennessee Tech game in Stokely. That was a cup of ice thrown from about 10 rows behind the pep band and really messed her mouth up. Imagine the same cup of ice thrown from a much higher level with far more momentum. That is the reason throwing stuff from the stands infuriates me so much.

Reactions: CDB
One day, you're gonna grow up. Probably.

And when you do, you'll understand that it's not okay to throw a temper tantrum. You'll learn that we each, all of us, get to control exactly one person: ourselves. We don't get to control the refs. Or the opposing team's players. Or coaching staff. We have responsibility and authority over the actions of one single person.

And the thing about maturing, it comes with a realization that you could do better. That you _should_ do better. That the impact you make on the world around you, good or evil, is all you get credit for in life. At the end of the day, you are nothing to the rest of the world but the net some of all that you did. And if much of what you did is cheap, dirty, selfish, childish, well, that's you.

Here's hoping you one day mature enough to understand all this.

Until then, stay the hell away from our program, please. We don't need you sullying it with your idiocy.

Thanks for providing a novel that in no way addressed my post but I'm just looking for some proof that somebody was injured by a thrown object.

Go root for vandy. Thanks.

VN Store

Back