CJP compares program to Titanic

Most fans will jump ship by November as evidenced by the 40K people that will be there for the UAB game...

To equate those who left as mice/rats is bad. To associate in *any way* our program to a sinking ship is idiotic. I'd rather he not hold press conferences than to do this garbage.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
You missed the point. He said as the ship sank you saw all the rats come to the top and expose them self and during a coaching change the same will happen and during this year you will see the rats and only the best players and ones with the correct attitude will play.
when bear bryant took the a&m players to junction tx he said he was going to set the barn on fire and run out the rats

Reactions: BearCat204 and AM64
To equate those who left as mice/rats is bad. To associate in *any way* our program to a sinking ship is idiotic. I'd rather he not hold press conferences than to do this garbage.

The truth hurts for those to blind to accept it. Our program has been sinking for quite sometime. I think some fans are having a difficult time with a coach thats laying down some cold hard truths.

Reactions: Breezy and AM64
Jeremy Pruitt is the iceberg

View attachment 224075

Let's see, our OL were Jack (scrawny when Pruitt showed up)
Pruitt is the captain (going down with the ship)
Hamilton is the iceberg (Did fatal damage to program)
Butch Jones is Celine Dion (My "5 star heart" Will go On)
Derek Dooley is the guy who rearranged the chairs
Lane Kiffin is the loudmouth who said the Titanic was unsinkable
Greg Schiano is Rose's fiancé who everyone was glad got what was coming to him
JG is the actual ship (Can't move and stuck to the ocean floor)

Reactions: kcvols1 and AM64
I actually think this was his best effort in trying to be a part of the program.

I WANTED him to be our Dabo: I wanted him to come here, buy in to all things TN and build his own legacy and be a lifer. Doesn’t look like that’s going to happen but I’ll give him credit for this quote. I liked it. Too much coddling for the sake of feelings nowadays.
EE4632DF-5301-4586-8779-206708A9F733.jpeg

Last edited:
Ehh, it is what it is. I’m sure he’s fielding enough phone calls over this than he cares to.

A 10 year old can figure out his point. But he is dumb as a box of rocks for using a sinking ship to describe Vol football right now. I swear this guy is an idiot.

He didnt compare the program to titanic, the poor team performance is enough to blast pruitt, no need to make stuff up.
He used it as an analogy of rooting out bad players....too bad he couldnt do that before we lost two awful games.
The BYU wouldn’t have been so awful if not for GA State. People are down on the coaching staff I get it. And rightly so for the GA State game, for the BYU game the team showed a lot of effort, the calls were fine, we just simply didn’t execute from the QB position.

Pruitt plays JG so sure that’s on him but who knows at this point if we have better behind him. The fourth down attempts instead of FGs could be questioned but hell I liked the calls at the time; we scored a TD on a fourth down conversion.

Reactions: AM64
Pruitt is preparing to go down with the ship, not sure how this helps the Vols, however

Will you throw him a life preserver or just let nature take its course and get ready for the next coaching fiasco?
Your choice mate

VN Store

Back