Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Now tonight I’m breaking out the big guns. Viva la Cuba! What I don’t like though is that I have to keep them at a different humidity than my non Cubans. Want to see a grown man cry is find some mold on your Behikes :eek:

Lord that is such a beautiful stick. THIS is why Montys have such a high rep. Not that DR stuff.

View attachment 476688

And while we are at it some Khalua and a splash of crème. Notice not to much though, still nice and dark.
View attachment 476689

Damn it Jim, I’m a doctor not a bartender. 😂😂

Now tonight I’m breaking out the big guns. Viva la Cuba! What I don’t like though is that I have to keep them at a different humidity than my non Cubans. Want to see a grown man cry is find some mold on your Behikes :eek:

Lord that is such a beautiful stick. THIS is why Montys have such a high rep. Not that DR stuff.

View attachment 476688

And while we are at it some Khalua and a splash of crème. Notice not to much though, still nice and dark.
View attachment 476689

Nice way to spend Sunday evening.

Everybody doing alright? I'm mudding and hand sanding a small room this week at the house. Right this moment I look like Tom Hanks character in The Money Pit when he was falling all over the scaffolding and sweating beyond belief. Lol Honey Do's.

Reactions: loggervol
Everybody doing alright? I'm mudding and hand sanding a small room this week at the house. Right this moment I look like Tom Hanks character in The Money Pit when he was falling all over the scaffolding and sweating beyond belief. Lol Honey Do's.

Lol, that’s one of my favorite movies.

Reactions: malinoisvol
So a day or two ago I had this nice Camacho scorpion, essentially a very well made Connecticut with more flavor than most. A robusto vitola that went well with a punch cut.
699D6F6A-006B-4834-A061-2EFBA42F25F4.jpeg
Quite tasty, less grassy than many cons with more like a sun baked hay instead. A bit of white chocolate and mild pepper. A nice smoke.

Then there is this today. A monte platinum toro. I find monte usually overhyped but I am enjoying this one. Plenty of flavor. A bit tight on the draw but it’s beginning to open up.
83195D45-0B19-480C-96EA-83571D25C690.jpeg

So a day or two ago I had this nice Camacho scorpion, essentially a very well made Connecticut with more flavor than most. A robusto vitola that went well with a punch cut.
View attachment 478291
Quite tasty, less grassy than many cons with more like a sun baked hay instead. A bit of white chocolate and mild pepper. A nice smoke.

Then there is this today. A monte platinum toro. I find monte usually overhyped but I am enjoying this one. Plenty of flavor. A bit tight on the draw but it’s beginning to open up.
View attachment 478297

I like the Camacho Connecticut, for the price it’s better than some of the more pricier ones. Great draw on those also.

I like the Camacho Connecticut, for the price it’s better than some of the more pricier ones. Great draw on those also.

IMO Camacho is one of the better connies tho it is equadorian. Certainly for the price. Well made. The scorpion has a bit more flavor IMO than their reg connie but still has all the benefits of a relatively mild cigar perfect for an anytime smoke.

I’m going to get myself one of those cigar tools to open up the draw on a tight cigar. Has anyone here got one? I tried the toothpick on the cigar I’m smoking but it doesn’t go far enough to open it up.

I’m going to get myself one of those cigar tools to open up the draw on a tight cigar. Has anyone here got one? I tried the toothpick on the cigar I’m smoking but it doesn’t go far enough to open it up.

I have two words for you - kebab skewer. The fancy $30 stick with teeth at the end does seem nice but usually a kebab stick has done the trick for a tight draw.

71iVrmsw43L._SL1500_.jpg

I have two words for you - kebab skewer. The fancy $30 stick with teeth at the end does seem nice but usually a kebab stick has done the trick for a tight draw.

71iVrmsw43L._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks, I hadn’t even thought about using those.

Something different today with Oliva G. I have had G in the past I was iffy on but I do love the look of a perfecto.
829B531E-AEC4-4EC9-8079-267ACD41FB99.jpeg
so as an update, I liked this one more than the one I remember, which is good since I have 4left. Lol.

Great construction and burn, as all Oliva. Clouds of smoke. Flavor is more of a dry unsweetened coco, oaky, maybe some cedar, some mild spice and some kind of….. licorice maybe? Dry finish.

Overall a good cigar. Maybe a 50 min smoker. Not my personal flavor profile but I will definitely enjoy the ones left. Quite fun watching the burn line on a box pressed figurado like this one.

Last edited:
So here is a Cohiba conny. Something light and bright to go with my diet mt dew lol. Well made and smooth so far. Got a good deal on a 5 pack or would never pay near the listed price for red dot cohibas. Nice triple cap for a wide punch.
F98A2C18-3DB4-4DF8-8DD4-9DE69511C14C.jpeg

La Aurora Cameroon robusto , which are much better priced than the admittedly attractive perfecto tubos. From a sampler of the whole line. Overall, nice medium cigar. The draw is a little tight so I should have had a straight cut instead of the punch. Tightly packed with tobacco, very firm with a tight white ash, usually the sign of quality leaf. Also made it smoke longer than I would have thought from its size. Sampler is def worth trying.
7A3D2CB6-BD28-4462-AC8B-F21EDD461A63.jpeg

La Aurora Cameroon robusto , which are much better priced than the admittedly attractive perfecto tubos. From a sampler of the whole line. Overall, nice medium cigar. The draw is a little tight so I should have had a straight cut instead of the punch. Tightly packed with tobacco, very firm with a tight white ash, usually the sign of quality leaf. Also made it smoke longer than I would have thought from its size. Sampler is def worth trying.
View attachment 481106

Good looking smoke.

I've been so busy, I haven't had time.

735949AA-CF87-4F95-8D64-AB90C6658F27.jpeg

Cocoa, almond and oak and cedar with a light pepper. Great draw on this and a great burn line.
I like some of the othe my father’s better but a really good smoke.

Last edited:

View attachment 476688

View attachment 476689
Monte #2 and Edmundo are my top of the line favorites in an affordable Cuban, except they are twice the price now and almost not affordable anymore.

Reactions: Gandalf
La Auora Maduro robusto. Tightly packed but with a good draw (straight cut). Good construction and burn. Reasonably tasty but not special. 1.5 hr smoke for a robusto is a surprise though.
5904B4EC-0854-49E3-8309-9E1F5B28A7CE.jpeg

Just picked up one of these. Has anyone had one?

View attachment 484601

Interesting - no, have not had it. I thought the name looked familiar. The art of repairing ceramic with gold. Odd name to chose for an alec bradley cigar. Let us know how it is once it acclimates and you get a chance to smoke it

Earlier this evening, I smoked the last Chateau Fuentes in my box. ☹️

That was a bitter sweet moment, no doubt.

VN Store

Back