Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
That’s a really good deal. They have 5 packs at 24/25$ on some really good cigars also. I think you can get 5- 5 packs from the deal. I wonder if you get the .5 off on the 5 pack deals with the code?
No. Coupon doesn’t work for 5 pack fever. You can get the 5 pack for $20 each when they have a sale on them. Don’t think there is a limit to how many you can get but minimum is 4 I think to get the best price.

loggervol

I have a v cutter. Had to get one so I wouldn't screw up my cigars.
Did you see the 500 count humidor they had out for sale next to the walk in yesterday? That was nice. They had a couple sitting next to the one lighter stand yesterday too. I couldn’t believe those were 1k humidors.

Last edited:

malinoisvol

1 in a thousand
Did you see the 500 count humidor they had out for sale next to the walk in yesterday? That was nice. They had a couple sitting next to the one lighter stand yesterday too. I couldn’t believe those were 1k humidors.
I didn't. Next time I'm in I'll have to take a peek. I'm always in such a big hurry to go into the walk-in humidor, I miss everything else. Lol

Regulator

Super Def Ill
There’s a cigar bar in Asheville called Casablanca that I’ve been to a couple times after work with coworkers. Nice place. Nice selection of cigars and drinks. I don’t know anything about cigars, but I do enjoy having one from time to time. Between a cigar and a couple drinks, nice little buzz going by the time we leave. lol

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
The “bullet” is a keychain fob especially designed to make the perfect entry in the cigar for the perfect draw.
I love my punch cutters and have one on my keychain and it’s my go to for certain types of cigars. But You guys really should have a tabletop version that ensures a near perfect slice or v cut every time.

144F89AA-AB60-46C2-A917-8CF50AD2E771.jpeg
As you can see I am having a Pledge Prequel today and a bit of iced Kalua with a splash of bourbon cream for dessert.

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
Smoked a monte white series last night. Sorry Tin Man, I think for the money there’s a lot better Connecticut’s out there. I’ve bought 2 monte’s now and one was a maduro. I’m just not a big fan so far.

View attachment 475007
For some reason I have never had great experiences with MC. Usually not terrible but nothing to get excited about. That includes the platinum series as well.

Macanudo gold, however, is a nice grassy stick with a lovely wrapper and I have rarely had a bad one.

loggervol

I love my punch cutters and have one on my keychain and it’s my go to for certain types of cigars. But You guys really should have a tabletop version that ensures a near perfect slice or v cut every time.

View attachment 475130
As you can see I am having a Pledge Prequel today and a bit of iced Kalua with a splash of bourbon cream for dessert.
Love the cutter. I watch cigar titans on YouTube and they had one on there.

I bought one of the pledge prequel Friday. I thought I had tried it already but I hadn’t.

Having a White Russian with the Maximus, nice pairing.

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
An Arturo Fuente Special and a bit of Tawny Port. Decent combo. I noticed the longer the ash, the better the smoke.
View attachment 474847
My understanding is that the longer the ash, the better the construction and the longer (and usually higher quality) the filler leaves. That doesn’t always equal the “best” flavor since they like to mix leaves sometimes.

Still, for a super well constructed smoke but not quite as flavorful as top stuff but darn cheap, look at Al’s Pearla Habana Black Pearl and also their White version. I have picked up 5packs on cbid for $12 before, which is just silly.

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
Love the cutter. I watch cigar titans on YouTube and they had one on there.

I bought one of the pledge prequel Friday. I thought I had tried it already but I hadn’t.

Having a White Russian with the Maximus, nice pairing.
Yeah I gotta try that Maximus. I like my White Russian with just a touch of buffalo trace bourbon crème. Just enough to bring out the creamy flavor but not drown out the coffee.

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
That would be nice. I don’t like to waste much.I usually smoke mine until it starts to get warm on my lips and I’m done. I know a guy that when he gets down to about 3/4 inch left, he jams it into his pipe and smokes the rest. Lol
LOL. I usually try to avoid smoking it to the nub as most of the resins, etc are there and so you can avoid some of the most unhealthy aspects of it just by smoking only about 1/2 of the last 1/3. At least that is what I tell myself ;)

VN Store