Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Dear Lord, I smoked too much yesterday. It was a fine day with friends over at a buddy's house on the water. Steak, octopus, pork loin on the grill and plenty of pilsner and IPA.

I had a string of Churchills:
1 Macanudo cafe - an always reliable delight of grassy hay and mellow cream.
1 Cohiba Connecticut - creamy toast with mellow spice
2 Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real - well flavored mild medium standard of cigar smokers everywhere.

Bleh - I am feeling smoked out though. I am thinking I need to take a break for a few weeks - but then tomorrow, we are having some nice ribs and watermelon. Could be hard to resist lighting one up.

I know I deserve to be flamed for this, my seats are next to the visitors tunnel, and after Bama’s performance against the other UT I think we have a chance. That said, I want to be properly prepared if we defeat the Tide this year as they depart the field.
I’ll also want to supply several fans around me so A) I’m not targeted by security, and B) the players and coaches are sure to notice.
With that said, what would be recommended that’s inexpensive, visually impactful, and mild enough so that I’m not surrounded by green, sick people?

I know I deserve to be flamed for this, my seats are next to the visitors tunnel, and after Bama’s performance against the other UT I think we have a chance. That said, I want to be properly prepared if we defeat the Tide this year as they depart the field.
I’ll also want to supply several fans around me so A) I’m not targeted by security, and B) the players and coaches are sure to notice.
With that said, what would be recommended that’s inexpensive, visually impactful, and mild enough so that I’m not surrounded by green, sick people?

Get yourself a nice Connecticut in a Churchill size (7"). Generally this will be a light cream color wrapper and with enough size for all to see.

two handy guides
https://www.famous-smoke.com/cigaradvisor/top-rated-connecticut-wrapper-cigars-under-10
Top 10 Best Connecticut Cigars

As a point, you cant go wrong with an Oliva, Romeo and Julieta, Montecristo or a Macanudo Gold, Perdomo and Camacho are also nice. Point is, go to your local cigar place and tell them you want a nice quality connecticut but not too expensive and see what they suggest for you - it should probably be one of the above names.

When we finally turn the tide, anyone that complains about a Vol fan lighting a cigar in the stadium, deserves a kick in the groin!

Does anyone know if I can take a lighter into the stadium in the clear bag, or will i need to have it "obscured?"
I've never had a problem with one in my pocket, however, I haven't been to a game since Kiffen was coach. Dayum! Now that I think about it, Dayum, that was a long time ago.

Reactions: loggervol
Get yourself a nice Connecticut in a Churchill size (7"). Generally this will be a light cream color wrapper and with enough size for all to see.

two handy guides
https://www.famous-smoke.com/cigaradvisor/top-rated-connecticut-wrapper-cigars-under-10

As a point, you cant go wrong with an Oliva, Romeo and Julieta, Montecristo or a Macanudo Gold, Perdomo and Camacho are also nice. Point is, go to your local cigar place and tell them you want a nice quality connecticut but not too expensive and see what they suggest for you - it should probably be one of the above names.
Gandalf is wise, he is also a herfer. Light up, boyz.

two handy guides

Follow-up question, recommendation for a shop in Knoxville?

Pardon Connecticut would be good. My go to is the Romeo reserve with the brown band. The comacho Connecticut is good. And the my fathers cony or the asylum 13 medulla.

Reactions: Gandalf
I've only seen their commercials. It's on my soon to visit list, though. I was trying to give wireless 3 places to choose from, not knowing which part of Knoxville he is in.
Thanks, I'm in west Knoxville so Blue Smoke or Total Wine works. A family member works for Total Corporate, I need to find out if a family discount might come into play..... the state of Tennessee prohibits discounts on alcohol but maybe for smokes???

The last game that I attended in person was Florida 2018. I didn’t smoke a cigar.

VN Store

Back