Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Perhaps. This spicyness - was it more like a red pepper (the kind you put on pizza) or more like white pepper or black pepper (like cracked on the table?)

I’m not very up on my pepper’s. I think black pepper, you usually get a tingle on the bank of your tongue. A white pepper, is usually more prevalent on the retro hale. And, the red pepper is hot or a heat from the smoke. I may be wrong but that’s how I usually tell what kind of pepper it is.

@loggervol I smoked the Hoya de Nicaragua yesterday to celebrate the win over the zoo. Very good cigar! I didn't get a photo (brain fart). I did keep the ring, tho. I keep the rings of the cigars I like for future reference.

My taster isn't what it used to be. To me it was "spicy", which I like. Is this spicy perhaps the "pepper" I see y'all talk about when describing flavors?

Gandalf and tinman can probably give you a better explanation on the pepper’s.

Something a little different today. Drew’s Nica Rustica. Must be the toro because this is definitely not a 60 ring. So far I am enjoying it. Definitely a sweetness to it to the aftertaste. Ive got the fire going in front so might mix things up but could swear its a bit nutty almost like an acorn smells, woodsy. no chocolate in this one. A rougher make up (as its designed to be). I want to say earthy and creamy and that sweet woody acorn taste. sorry not to break it down by thirds but eh, Im busy enjoying it. Its not a Late Hour but its a good cigar with if you like the woody earthy profile especially for the price. Has a good burn and I am happy to smoke it to the nub,

View attachment 514046

I like the sweet bread or maybe a sweet hay taste with the nutty flavor. And, a oak and earthy mixture really sets off the flavor of the cigar.

Oliva master blend 3.....really good smoke.....earthy, woody, chocolate.....love the ovalized shape....got a box of 20 with all 3 sizes for $99 on CI.

1 to 1.5 hour smoke.

View attachment 517536

Their masterblends is very under rated. Whenever they brought it out, in the early 00s IIRC, it was meant to be Oliva's apogee line. Then the V line came out and later the Melanio so it never really got the love.

For my money though, its a really delightful smoke. Deeply chocolaty without been overly strong. Great smoke and construction. Usually a fairly loose draw so its always a surprise it lasts as long as it does but good temperature lets you smoke it to the nub. Im a sucker for the box press also since it goes great with a notch cut.

I'm getting into cigar smoking, and I've really like the Leather Rose Petite Corona from Deadwood Tobacco Company. I'm planning to order a box of them to fill up my humidor, just looking for the best company to purchase them from. They are sold out on the DTC website, but I found them on JR's Cigars for $158 and change (tax and shipping included) which is cheaper than they would be from DTC directly. Any other clubs/retailers that I should look into? TIA!!

I'm getting into cigar smoking, and I've really like the Leather Rose Petite Corona from Deadwood Tobacco Company. I'm planning to order a box of them to fill up my humidor, just looking for the best company to purchase them from. They are sold out on the DTC website, but I found them on JR's Cigars for $158 and change (tax and shipping included) which is cheaper than they would be from DTC directly. Any other clubs/retailers that I should look into? TIA!!

Cigar’s International is a good online site and cigar club is good also.

Yes, CI is good and its brother Thompson cigars. Also look at Atlantic cigars as they have good prices on boxes.

Reactions: loggervol
Might have been a sucker purchase, but got a 20 count bundle of unbanded Nicaraguan Presidente’s from JR’s for $42 and change with shipping. At least my humidor won’t be empty. lol

A package store which I frequent now offers a few cigars for sale. Last time in, they had individual Romeo y Juliet Reals at $6.99 and Quorum gordos at $2.99/stick. Not a bad first effort.

Reactions: loggervol
Had a couple good ones in years past a cigar smoker turned me onto. He eventually left textiles and opened his own cigar shoppe up in north ATL. I was partial to the mid-sized cigars. But, I remember hitting these on a few camping weekends...
Backwoods-Sweet-Aromatic-Cigars-800x800.jpg

Reactions: Vol737
Had a couple good ones in years past a cigar smoker turned me onto. He eventually left textiles and opened his own cigar shoppe up in north ATL. I was partial to the mid-sized cigars. But, I remember hitting these on a few camping weekends...
Backwoods-Sweet-Aromatic-Cigars-800x800.jpg

I've been known to keep some of these in my 4Runner just in case. Definitely work for a camping weekend too.

Today’s pairing is to match pecan pie a La mode and hard cider. Undercrown shade won the day. Then I think I’ll finish off with some bourbon to go with a Oliva V
View attachment 517589

Used to smoke cigars a fair amount. Kind of got away from it with young kids, but now they're pretty much grown and out of the house. Was in Wilmington NC and stopped into a downtown cigar shop back in April/May and immediately went right back to an Arturo Fuente. Used to smoke a variety of Padron, Rocky Patel, Arturo Fuente, Gloria de Cubana, CAO, Oliva, etc.. Not familiar with Undercrown. What's the story on these?

VN Store

Back