Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Nice. I’m enjoying a Perdomo 10th anniversary and two fingers of Irish whiskey at this moment.

Have you ever had a FUENTE wrapper just crumble on you? The one I had the other day at blue smoke. After I took the band off, it started cracking and just crumbled the closer I got to being done. Just weird, I’ve never had one do that before.

Have you ever had a FUENTE wrapper just crumble on you? The one I had the other day at blue smoke. After I took the band off, it started cracking and just crumbled the closer I got to being done. Just weird, I’ve never had one do that before.
Commiserations.

Reactions: loggervol
E1EA4E7A-0F08-435B-B38C-BE08BA7B7A2A.jpeg
Has anyone tried this? So far it’s a nice stick, a little more pepper than I’m used to but a nice flavor.

Reactions: malinoisvol
Good looking smoke. I’ve seen the man o war but never tried it.
Just about all of the Man O War line are great cigars, if you like strength and spice. I’m a big AJ Fernandez fan and almost everything that comes from his factories, or he collaborates on blending, is top notch.

Reactions: loggervol
Couple of smokes over the past week or two. The ever smooth Monte and a decent (but not great) RP conny.

The drew estate Dogma Sungrown was delicious though. I love a good box press in a large ring gage and this did well keeping me happy for a bit over 1 hr.

DDF85526-F9D2-4B8F-8B4D-EA54FC820AAA.jpeg
6558E9D3-379B-4BD8-B94B-98BC6D77A6D9.jpeg
5A44F695-E6E8-4B70-B08E-F34F3C35FBFB.jpeg

Today I am enjoying an aging room Quattro vibrato size. The pyramid size was CA#1in 2019 and this tastes every bit of it. I really wanted to let these sit a few months but had to break one out to try. Excellent quality burn, a mix of pronouncd chocolate spice and leather flavors while never going over medium strength.

I have smoked a box or two of these but CI auctions was trying to nearly give them away at $21 a 5 pack so I loaded up.

the key to CI auctions is to wait till they have one with over 50 units of the item and you can score some great prices on some good sticks.

1E7C6F3C-3F46-4D58-AE2C-A6DD4C982B1D.jpeg

Ok - everyone drop what they are doing and get over to Drew Estate Undercrown Boxes of 10 + Free Sampler - Thompson Cigar

Stupidly good deal. Get the 10box of Drew undercrown shade or maduro for 75 and get a drew sampler of 10 sticks (not crap sticks, good sticks, mostly more undercrowns). Thats 20 sticks of drew estates undercrown (and joya antano) for $90 all in.

Whether you go for the shades (one of the better connecticuts around imo) or your taste is more like mind toward the maduros - you cant go wrong.

Ends 11/3

A handy reference for those on the board who are new smokers. Especially when you are trying new things and might come across a full strength smoke or hit one earlier in the day. Good info to have. Also check out the whole channel as they have many nice tutorials.

VN Store

Back