Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

What are you guys having to help with today’s loss?
I’m having one of my go to’s, asylum 13 medulla. Here’s to winning out and maybe going to a playoff game.

Had a long drew connecticut and an aging room quatrro during the game so smoked out for today.

So at least the cigars today were good. The game? eh, not so much lol

What are you guys having to help with today’s loss?
I’m having one of my go to’s, asylum 13 medulla. Here’s to winning out and maybe going to a playoff game.
I was so tired yesterday after getting up at 4, working all day, watching the game at Dad's house, and loading firewood and picking peppers at half time... I fell asleep not too long after getting home. So I enjoyed the Hoya this morning. At first, I thought it may be too much for me. After a few puffs and a nice ash, it smoothed out and I thoroughly enjoyed it!
IMG_20221106_095041_031.jpg

I was so tired yesterday after getting up at 4, working all day, watching the game at Dad's house, and loading firewood and picking peppers at half time... I fell asleep not too long after getting home. So I enjoyed the Hoya this morning. At first, I thought it may be too much for me. After a few puffs and a nice ash, it smoothed out and I thoroughly enjoyed it!
View attachment 511294
Great, I’m glad you enjoyed it. I wanted to get you something you may have not tried. And, I wanted to get you something you’d enjoy. I was kinda worried about the choices and thought about telling you to exchange them if you didn’t like what I had picked out.

Reactions: malinoisvol
Great, I’m glad you enjoyed it. I wanted to get you something you may have not tried. And, I wanted to get you something you’d enjoy. I was kinda worried about the choices and thought about telling you to exchange them if you didn’t like what I had picked out.
Wouldn't exchange them for the world! I'm pretty much a beginner and anything you aficionados suggest, I'm trying. I can't wait to try the other two. Thank you again, kind Sir!

Wouldn't exchange them for the world! I'm pretty much a beginner and anything you aficionados suggest, I'm trying. I can't wait to try the other two. Thank you again, kind Sir!

I don’t know about the aficionado part. I just like trying many different smokes.

Huzzah!!!

Reactions: malinoisvol
Something a little different today. Drew’s Nica Rustica. Must be the toro because this is definitely not a 60 ring. So far I am enjoying it. Definitely a sweetness to it to the aftertaste. Ive got the fire going in front so might mix things up but could swear its a bit nutty almost like an acorn smells, woodsy. no chocolate in this one. A rougher make up (as its designed to be). I want to say earthy and creamy and that sweet woody acorn taste. sorry not to break it down by thirds but eh, Im busy enjoying it. Its not a Late Hour but its a good cigar with if you like the woody earthy profile especially for the price. Has a good burn and I am happy to smoke it to the nub,

1BABCD69-FB4A-495F-BCDA-14F75E738819.jpeg

Last edited:
@loggervol I smoked the Hoya de Nicaragua yesterday to celebrate the win over the zoo. Very good cigar! I didn't get a photo (brain fart). I did keep the ring, tho. I keep the rings of the cigars I like for future reference.

My taster isn't what it used to be. To me it was "spicy", which I like. Is this spicy perhaps the "pepper" I see y'all talk about when describing flavors?

Reactions: loggervol
@loggervol I smoked the Hoya de Nicaragua yesterday to celebrate the win over the zoo. Very good cigar! I didn't get a photo (brain fart). I did keep the ring, tho. I keep the rings of the cigars I like for future reference.

My taster isn't what it used to be. To me it was "spicy", which I like. Is this spicy perhaps the "pepper" I see y'all talk about when describing flavors?

Perhaps. This spicyness - was it more like a red pepper (the kind you put on pizza) or more like white pepper or black pepper (like cracked on the table?)

VN Store

Back