Chip Long

Unfortunately Fulmer thought the same thing when he hired Dave Clawson...
That's because he micromanaged him. He didn't let him run his offense, Fulmer meddled in it. That offense has worked everywhere except here... what's the constant? Fulmer.

That's because he micromanaged him. He didn't let him run his offense, Fulmer meddled in it. That offense has worked everywhere except here... what's the constant? Fulmer.
Wouldn't Clausen be the constant?

Reactions: Volinnooga
Idk it's been awhile since he's coached qb's and it was at the HS level. Weinke had 1 yr coaching the position in the NFL back in 2015, and 1 season as an analyst at Bama before coming here in 2018. So really, his time at UT is the only experience he's had coaching the position at the collegiate level. While Tee has 11yrs college coaching experience. Pick your poison I guess.

Peyton Manning would take qb coach position, he said he would entertain the idea a few years ago. Would not take hc, but I feel he would take qb coach position unless things have changed.

If Chaney leaves then Pruitt will just hire someone that he micromanages even more.

If Pruitt is going to survive then he's going to have to trust the guys who know more about coaching offense than he does.

And Chaney does turn the offense over to him.

Peyton Manning would take qb coach position, he said he would entertain the idea a few years ago. Would not take hc, but I feel he would take qb coach position unless things have changed.
I mean, the man is a genius. If anyone could teach a QB he certainly could, but I'm not so sure he would realistically be interested. I would like to know if anyone has ever reached out and asked.

I was talking to a friend of mine about that the other day. It couldnt hurt to call him and offer. Call Peyton up and offer to make him the highest paid QB coach in the country. If he turns it down, no big deal. No harm no foul. But he should at least get a call.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Tennessee has to get a serviceable transfer QB after this season considering the zero development of our roster of 6 QBs.
You're 100% correct. We need someone from a different program that has been coached and developed. When they get here don't let Winke anwhere near him either.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Not sure Pruitt would want an enormously famous and popular personality on his staff.

The former OC and TE coach at ND is on our staff as analyst. This might be the spot Osovet held the last couple of years. We have options on the offensive side of the ball, if we tell Weinke to hit the Waffle House with Brumbaugh. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Chaney leaves.
bahahaha hit the WH... Waffle House, Waffle House... meet me at the Waffle House... there’s breakfast lunch and dinner too... there’s one near you....

The former OC and TE coach at ND is on our staff as analyst. This might be the spot Osovet held the last couple of years. We have options on the offensive side of the ball, if we tell Weinke to hit the Waffle House with Brumbaugh. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Chaney leaves.

I think Chaney should be responsible for OL not because he sucks at OC but because his O or any O doesn’t work without a solid OL. He has a crazy amount of experience there. Leave him at OC too but maybe have him groom a Co-OC or something of the sort.

Hire our old S&C back that Butch fired 🤣

We actually have a lot of good offensive coaching. With track records to prove it.

It really is as simple is changing the QB for our offense. That's the only change that needs to happen. But Pruitt...

Not true O needs a good kick in the ***

Weinke is the issue. Simple as that.

I think Weinke is part of the problem but JG reached his ceiling in his Freshman or Sophomore year. TN could hire the greatest QB coach on this planet to coach JG and he’d still suck in a year.

How do you know Shrout isn't "serviceable? Is it because of all the playing time he hasn't received? Nobody knows what we have because they are not allowed to actually show us what we they have. JG turns the ball over 3-4 times and they put him right back in. Backup plays 3 downs and they take them out. As far as playing Kasim Hill, that may be difficult being that he is not even on the team.

Let me see if I understand:

Even though we have not been at practices the last 3 years, as fans on a message board we expect the coach to play somebody so everyone can decide if that player should have been playing in the first place?

For what it's worth, I am sure that all of our coaches understand that their ability to get big paychecks long-term depends ultimately on the success of the players they put on the field in a game. We can question their ability, but I am pretty sure they are at practice every day and are trying to put who they think are the best players on the field.

I agree with every poster that is saying that if JG is the best we have, that is an indictment on the coaches recruiting and coaching ability that in year 3 he is still the best we have. Not to bring Bama into this, but year 3 Saban was still playing McElroy who was by no means a star. However, he recruited quite well around the QB position, thus minimizing the impact. Maybe we should be doing that too.

Let me see if I understand:

Even though we have not been at practices the last 3 years, as fans on a message board we expect the coach to play somebody so everyone can decide if that player should have been playing in the first place?

For what it's worth, I am sure that all of our coaches understand that their ability to get big paychecks long-term depends ultimately on the success of the players they put on the field in a game. We can question their ability, but I am pretty sure they are at practice every day and are trying to put who they think are the best players on the field.

I agree with every poster that is saying that if JG is the best we have, that is an indictment on the coaches recruiting and coaching ability that in year 3 he is still the best we have. Not to bring Bama into this, but year 3 Saban was still playing McElroy who was by no means a star. However, he recruited quite well around the QB position, thus minimizing the impact. Maybe we should be doing that too.
No, doesn’t sound like you understand

I highly doubt Chaney goes anywhere. He came here to retire. Give the QB's to Tee, move Osovet to o-line, and Long to TE/WR's.

Doubt he can't be any worse than Weinke, but I'm not sure about Tee as a QB coach. Problems will arise if the top qb recruits don't believe their position coach is capable of developing them into an NFL caliber player. If they make a change, they need to make sure the next guy can deliver. We've suffered long enough without a top flight trigger man for our offense.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
No, doesn’t sound like you understand
Maybe you can explain then why those who have not been at practices need to see a player play so they can see and evaluate over those who have been at practices for the past 3 years and have chosen not play.

I think Weinke is part of the problem but JG reached his ceiling in his Freshman or Sophomore year. TN could hire the greatest QB coach on this planet to coach JG and he’d still suck in a year.
Oh yeah I know JG is bad too but why don’t we have a backup QB?

VN Store

Back