Chip Long

ThreatLevelOrange

Wish that I was on ol’ Rocky Top
The former OC and TE coach at ND is on our staff as analyst. This might be the spot Osovet held the last couple of years. We have options on the offensive side of the ball, if we tell Weinke to hit the Waffle House with Brumbaugh. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Chaney leaves.

Last edited:
Move Osovet to DL and plug Long in at TE coach.
Give the co-OC duties to Long and T for the rest of the year.
Let Chaney step.away with dignity at the end of the year.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
ND fired chip long but he is good enough for us as an OC? Right
1. Changes need to be made somewhere.
2. I am mostly talking about Osevet taking QB duties and Long taking TE, which he has the background for.

JGs issues are well documented. But this is Shrout’s 3rd year. He’s not even a serviceable backup at this point. Either recruit more experienced (transfer) QBs or start coaching who is here. But we are doing neither. I wish we at least gave Kasim Hill a shot.

The former OC and TE coach at ND is on our staff as analyst. This might be the spot Osovet held the last couple of years. We have options on the offensive side of the ball, if we tell Weinke to hit the Waffle House with Brumbaugh. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Chaney leaves.

Even Pruitt was complaining publicly about some of Chaney’s trademark 30 yard deep outs on 3rd and short

Reactions: malibuvol
2. I am mostly talking about Osevet taking QB duties and Long taking TE, which he has the background for.

JGs issues are well documented. But this is Shrout’s 3rd year. He’s not even a serviceable backup at this point. Either recruit more experienced (transfer) QBs or start coaching who is here. But we are doing neither. I wish we at least gave Kasim Hill a shot.
Tennessee has to get a serviceable transfer QB after this season considering the zero development of our roster of 6 QBs.

Weinke is the issue. Simple as that.

How do you know Shrout isn't "serviceable? Is it because of all the playing time he hasn't received? Nobody knows what we have because they are not allowed to actually show us what we they have. JG turns the ball over 3-4 times and they put him right back in. Backup plays 3 downs and they take them out. As far as playing Kasim Hill, that may be difficult being that he is not even on the team.

Move Osovet to DL and plug Long in at TE coach.
Give the co-OC duties to Long and T for the rest of the year.
Let Chaney step.away with dignity at the end of the year.

I think some are over reacting to Chaney. He is a proven very good oc. I strongly feel Pruitt is the one holding the offense back, let Chaney pick the qb and run his offense, like I said he has a good proven record, but Pruitt's only accomplishments are on defense. Whoever the oc is, if the hc doesn't allow them to run the offense will be the same way. Chaney is a very good oc.

He wasn’t fired for performance...and definitely not for recruiting. iirc it was for being too harsh to the same players who swear by him. I’m thinking he and Kelly had a huge falling out.

Yeah if Long was good enough for Norvell ....then he’s good enough.

Tennessee needs players that don’t quit and give up
Receivers are the worst in the SEC
DB’s are among the worst in the SEC
Tight End...... Tennessee needs a couple
Oline is a weakness again this year
QB is absent at Tennessee (hard to win without a QB)
6th place in the SEC East is still obtainable for a Vol team that gives up

I don’t trust anyone within our current staff to do with anything with the offense
We actually have a lot of good offensive coaching. With track records to prove it.

It really is as simple is changing the QB for our offense. That's the only change that needs to happen. But Pruitt...

Pruitt would be fired if he played JG the rest of this year let alone next year. The fans’ boos have spoken.

Guess you haven't seen the tweets about JG's presser. He has no plans to shelve JG.

No one is getting off this train.....

How do you know Shrout isn't "serviceable? Is it because of all the playing time he hasn't received? Nobody knows what we have because they are not allowed to actually show us what we they have. JG turns the ball over 3-4 times and they put him right back in. Backup plays 3 downs and they take them out. As far as playing Kasim Hill, that may be difficult being that he is not even on the team.
Yes Hill left in August. I thought everyone knew that. The point is he could’ve been an option, but knew the coaches had their pecking order. They keep a guy who’s proven he can’t play after 3+ years, a guy who started 4 games and can’t finish without an injury, and a project recruited by the California OC he gave up on during his first season. Not good options.

VN Store

Back