Chip Long

Oh yeah I know JG is bad too but why don’t we have a backup QB?

According to Pruitt they haven’t had time to work with any of the backups. I say, horse crap. They had plenty of time. Pruitt acts like UT was the only university in the US that dealt with COVID 19 challenges. I wonder how GA found the time to work with Bennett (a 2 star QB, 106th Pro style QB, and somewhere just below the 2600th best player in the country) and coach him well enough to at least win the East this year?

Last edited:
I would like to see Nieds coach the defensive line in 2021 and let Osovet coach linebackers while Long coaches tight ends in 2021.

According to Pruitt they haven’t had time to work with any of the backups. I say, horse crap. They had plenty of time. Pruitt acts like UT was the only university in the US that dealt with COVID 19 challenges. I wonder how GA found the time to work with Bennett (a 2 star QB, 106th Pro style QB, and somewhere just below the 2600th best player in the country) and coach him well enough to at least win the East this year?
Are there any successful true freshmen QBs this year?

Are there any successful true freshmen QBs this year?

I’m not sure. To be honest I’m not paying enough attention to the entirety of college football to know. But, history tells us that plenty of freshman QB’s have done quite well their first year but it takes a coach with stones and a vision for the future to play a promising freshmen over a 5th year QB that still plays like a freshman.

I’m not sure. To be honest I’m not paying enough attention to the entirety of college football to know. But, history tells us that plenty of freshman QB’s have done quite well their first year but it takes a coach with stones and a vision for the future to play a promising freshmen over a 5th year QB that still plays like a freshman.
I’m saying in 2020 with no spring practice or fall practice is there a successful true freshman QB? I’m trying to find one and can’t do it. There might be.

This is what I don't get...what the He!! is wrong with Tennessee!! The above statement sums up just about every position but the QB is the most obvious. Who knows start HB and see what happens, can't be anything worse than the JG crap.

Reactions: VolRage
I mean, the man is a genius. If anyone could teach a QB he certainly could, but I'm not so sure he would realistically be interested. I would like to know if anyone has ever reached out and asked.
I doubt Peyton has any time between charity foundations, investment meetings and appearances, and celebrity appearances. Without a doubt he could recruit over everyone, but I just can't see this job fitting into his lifestyle. Peyton is a brand now. He is the nation's QB coach at the Manning Academy one or two weeks per year.

I feel Osovet is like a bull at the rodeo gate, waiting for his chance to show what he can do. I worry Pruitt has passed him over too many times already. He would already be QB coach if he was from a different region.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I’m saying in 2020 with no spring practice or fall practice is there a successful true freshman QB? I’m trying to find one and can’t do it. There might be.

I’m not sure. Like I said I haven’t watched nearly as much college football as I normally do. Regardless, if I was Pruitt and my 5th year senior QB that is playing his 4th year behind center is still making freshmen and sophomore mistakes, can’t read a defense, can’t look off the receivers, can‘t make the basic throws that a quality 4 year player can make, etc.......I’d rather play my 6’4” 225lb freshman QB that was a consensus 4/5 star and state champion coming out of HS and be better prepared for next year.

Last edited:
Those type left years ago......
Ain't nobody bailing off this sinking ship.
It's what we do.
It’s been sinking for over a decade? Then how are we breathing? Maybe it’s the movie version.

I’m not sure. Like I said I haven’t watched nearly as much college football as I normally do. Regardless, if I was Pruitt and my 5th year senior QB that is playing his 4th year behind center is still making freshmen and sophomore mistakes, can’t read a defense, can’t look off the receivers, can‘t make the basic throws that a quality 4 year player can make, etc.......I’d rather play my 6’4” 225lb freshman QB that was a consensus 4/5 star and state champion coming out of HS and be better prepared for next year.
Need someone who can keep everything in front of him...mistakes be damned! We know who that ISN’T. Time to stop waiting for something that isn’t happening and start moving...period.

Why move two coaches to position groups they’ve never coached before?

Because the athletic department is going to lose at least 14.3 million dollars this year according to today's Knoxville News Sentinel due to the pandemic.

I know that Niedermeyer nor Osovet have never coached those position groups before and sometimes coaches need to get creative and think outside the box although Pruitt could continue to coach the defensive line in 2021 if he wanted to.

Because the athletic department is going to lose at least 14.3 million dollars this year according to today's Knoxville News Sentinel due to the pandemic.

I know that Niedermeyer nor Osovet have never coached those position groups before and sometimes coaches need to get creative and think outside the box although Pruitt could continue to coach the defensive line in 2021 if he wanted to.
There’s thinking outside the box and then there’s hiring qualified people. You can haggle over the former but it better be a done deal on the latter. They’ll hire a DL coach who’s done it before.

Last edited:
There’s thinking outside the box and then there’s hiring qualified people. You can haggle over the former but it better be a done deal on the latter. They’ll hire a DL who’s done it before.
How will the AD hiring freeze effect the DL coach replacement?

yeah I don’t want to see JG tomorrow. Only reason I’m watching the game is to see how the new QB performs.

Reactions: VolRage

VN Store

Back