Chip Kelley. I can remember….

Their "restraint" is because it's a "have to case" IMO. They had to kick Lynn Swann as AD to the curb once that actress was found to have somehow had her daughter entered on the USC Row team without ever having rowed in her life. USC most always had a strong football presence attached to the AD's office, frequently a former player for instance. Who did they put in after Lynn Swann to get rid of the heat? Some guy who was AD at a bunch of lesser schools, Mike Bohn, "known for his integrity." Helton and this Bohn guy will be going at the same time is my bet.

Sure. But USC is showing that they aren’t cutting Helton unless there is clear upgrade hire that is realistic. He’s not going to lead them back to relevance but he ain’t gonna tank the program either.

Given their play last season, there's no way LSU is the #16 team in the country. Given this year's preseason poll and early season results, the pollsters must have been doing some hellacious drugs during their time in quarantine.

Preseason polls do way more harm than good. They establish a baseline out of thin air. There's a reason why the playoff committee doesn't release a poll until a body of work is established.

UCLa will likely win the terrible Pac 12---in the SEC they would lose 4-5 games.

Chip’s run at Oregon was Saban-like. I’m surprised by how bad he’s done this far with the Bruins, but you can’t write him off just yet. On the other hand, you can’t exactly crown him for beating what could easily be a five loss LSU team.
UCLA had went downhill before Chip took over. He needed some time to turn around that mess. Hopefully he has them at a point where they start winning again on a more consistent basis.

UCLA has always been a hard place to succeed. Especially since Donahue retired. Their last conference championship was in 1998. Same as UT.

Preseason polls do way more harm than good. They establish a baseline out of thin air. There's a reason why the playoff committee doesn't release a poll until a body of work is established.
I agree. There should not be any poll until the third week of the season.

Vol fans saying chip couldn’t be successful in the SEC. His team looks pretty damn good.

He changed. He beat LSU playing Les Miles ball.

Of course, it really helps when LSU doesn't have LB/Ss that want to even play football. Soft.

Given their play last season, there's no way LSU is the #16 team in the country. Given this year's preseason poll and early season results, the pollsters must have been doing some hellacious drugs during their time in quarantine.
Evidently pollsters are like a lot of the people on VN and think recruiting rankings are the end-all be-all factor of how much talent a team has. Nver mind that Orgeron doesn't have Burrow, Brady and Aranda around to win despite him.

I don't recall saying anything like that or seeing others say it. We can all be against "them" now.

Kelly is a pretty good coach. But if he doesn't turn in a good performance this year then he'll be fired.

FWIW, Orgeron is a babbling idiot and dead man walking. TAM has likely passed LSU already. He could easily end up in the bottom half of the West and leave this season on a very hot seat.

Orgeron is Fulmer with a weaker resume if you exclude the national championship for both.
Nah. He's Pruitt with a different accent. He's been carried by talent but that appears to be trending off. UT would do well to recruit Louisiana well. The Vols used to have a lot of success there.

My Lord. The dude was a washed up fraud after his UCLA career started 0-5 and he was 10-21 through 3 seasons, now he's definitely got an awesome team after beating LSU.

UCLA is better, but I think this LSU team has some potentially serious issues.

I think every Tiger fan would admit Joe Brady made the NC team roll and struck gold with Burrow

Reactions: 05_never_again
Orgeron will probably be fired this year. I bet that LSU won’t hire him back as AD in a few years.

Hm. I'm trying to put this in the right terms. Its about to go full dumpster fire there, and I'm not sure they'll find a good coach again in my lifetime.

I'm glad for 2019, it was fun and all.

EasyDescriptiveDrever-size_restricted.gif

Yeah Orgerons OC and DC wont that NC not his coaching - both are gone and you can tell

Yep…it’s reminiscent of the difference between UF’s offense with Mullen as OC in ‘08 and Addazio as OC in ‘09. A blind man could see it.

VN Store

Back