Chip Kelley. I can remember….

He took over ****.
5-6 team with a top 10 recruiting class which he got to #20. Hasn't won more than 4 games. At UT only his resident apologist Hillbilly would have accepted that.

Reactions: Remy
My Lord. The dude was a washed up fraud after his UCLA career started 0-5 and he was 10-21 through 3 seasons, now he's definitely got an awesome team after beating LSU.

UCLA is better, but I think this LSU team has some potentially serious issues.
This UCLA team has a lot of 5th year starters on both offense and defense...UCLA may be pretty good this year, but next year may be trying...

Reactions: Sarms58
Honestly I think it is time to just let someone build this program. Chip looks like he might get things turned around this year, but it is year 4. He would have been gone here after year 3, you could say the same for Mark Stoops at UK, finished 2-10, 5-7, 5-7. He then rattled off 4 winning season in a row including a 10-3 year. For Kentucky, that's really good. I think restarting from scratch every 3 years is starting to take it's toll believe it or not.

I believe we need to give Heupel a longer leash. I think he's actually self aware enough to be adaptable enough to survive in the SEC, which could not really be said about the last 3 coaches. Butch did try to adapt, but also micromanaged everyone to death and lied to players. Pruitt was a jerk to everyone he came in contact with. Dooley is really the only one that anyone could make an argument about a short leash. If he didn't make the worst defensive coordinator hire of all time, 2012 would've looked a whole lot different. To be fair, he was also kind of an idiot, so it was understandable.

Reactions: Volatility
Honestly I think it is time to just let someone build this program. Chip looks like he might get things turned around this year, but it is year 4. He would have been gone here after year 3, you could say the same for Mark Stoops at UK, finished 2-10, 5-7, 5-7. He then rattled off 4 winning season in a row including a 10-3 year. For Kentucky, that's really good. I think restarting from scratch every 3 years is starting to take it's toll believe it or not.

I believe we need to give Heupel a longer leash. I think he's actually self aware enough to be adaptable enough to survive in the SEC, which could not really be said about the last 3 coaches. Butch did try to adapt, but also micromanaged everyone to death and lied to players. Pruitt was a jerk to everyone he came in contact with. Dooley is really the only one that anyone could make an argument about a short leash. If he didn't make the worst defensive coordinator hire of all time, 2012 would've looked a whole lot different. To be fair, he was also kind of an idiot, so it was understandable.
Yeah it actually takes most coaches time to turn things around at a program. Unfortunately, we live in a society where many people want things their way and they want it now. What's even more sad is that many of those people are over the age of 30.

Remember how long it took Majors to turn things around at Tennessee? In today's environment he would be fired after year 3.

VN Store

Back