Chip Kelley. I can remember….

What do you think? Do you think if he had a similar record in the sec he’s going to be kept? Do you think winning in the sec is easier than winning at UCLA?
It’s too early but his team looked physical, not confused, in sync with execution and very confident. LSU coaching may not be great but they have very physical players and UCLA threw them around a lot.

Chip Kelly finally gave up the gimmicks and figured out the hard reality of football is more often than not the team which is physically superior on the field most often wins. His team surprisingly was more physical than LSU last night. No more holding up multiple signs with one having a picture of a screw and an 8 ball on it.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
“You think” you said. Because nobody knows how good anybody really is yet except for Alabubba.
Maybe so, but last year LSU gave up 492.5 yards per game and went 5-5.
They gave up 470 yesterday with 260 of those on the ground….they’re not the juggernauts you want them to be

Reactions: Alto1
His entire resume says he's good. I think he turns it around this year. We can revisit in a few months.
Entire resume include the NFL…and the past 3 seasons? Or are we talking about being a career lower division assistant coach before Oregon?

According to Volnation, Chip Kelly was overrated garbage. There was a massive talent disparity on the field yesterday (just check the recruiting rankings) yet Chip Kelly coached circles around Orgeron.

Last edited:
Chip’s run at Oregon was Saban-like. I’m surprised by how bad he’s done this far with the Bruins, but you can’t write him off just yet. On the other hand, you can’t exactly crown him for beating what could easily be a five loss LSU team.

Debatable. He needs to take advantage while USC is “down” but if they turn it around under Helton and dominate like they used to, CK will always play second fiddle. They looked better than LSU last night for sure, and I think they’re a bowl team, but I’m not ready to say they’re the class of the PAC-12.
There’s pretty much zero chance Helton turns USC around. He’s just waiting to be fired.

Reactions: Remy and lifeisdeep
The fact Helton is still at USC is one of life’s great mysteries.
People in charge don’t care. They should be top 10 every year. Should pretty much always have top 5 recruiting classes.

Like Tennessee, they have incompetent administrators and boosters that would rather have an ass-kisser at HC than a winner.

Heck no. Orgeron is Chizik. He was super lucky to have Cam (and Malzahn) and O had Burrows and that OC.

LSU literally had tons of first round picks around Burrow. Cam Newton literally ran Auburn every play. LSU’s offense was loaded from Burrow to Chase to the line and running backs.

Reactions: krichunaka
The fact Helton is still at USC is one of life’s great mysteries.
grass ain’t always greener. He’s prolly make or break this year. USC is showing incredible restraint with Helton. Just not sure what coach they could to hire that would be a realistic hire / slash instant upgrade.

According to Volnation, Chip Kelly was overrated garbage. There was a massive talent disparity on the field yesterday (just check the recruiting rankings) yet Chip Kelly coached circles around Orgeron.

If only Florida would have hired him, we’d be sitting pretty with Mullen and Todd Grantham.

LSU literally had tons of first round picks around Burrow. Cam Newton literally ran Auburn every play. LSU’s offense was loaded from Burrow to Chase to the line and running backs.
Oh I'm not denying the other talent. I completely get that and last year them sucking was no surprise. But come on man. Burrows and Brady were unstoppable. No matter what, you couldn't beat Burrows. He wasn't losing. He couldn't be stopped. With an above average qb even, that team loses at least 2 games.

Dyer was pretty good for Auburn also.

grass ain’t always greener. He’s prolly make or break this year. USC is showing incredible restraint with Helton. Just not sure what coach they could to hire that would be a realistic hire / slash instant upgrade.

Their "restraint" is because it's a "have to case" IMO. They had to kick Lynn Swann as AD to the curb once that actress was found to have somehow had her daughter entered on the USC Row team without ever having rowed in her life. USC most always had a strong football presence attached to the AD's office, frequently a former player for instance. Who did they put in after Lynn Swann to get rid of the heat? Some guy who was AD at a bunch of lesser schools, Mike Bohn, "known for his integrity." Helton and this Bohn guy will be going at the same time is my bet.

Orgeron = Chizik. Just like Clay Travis said. Once in a lifetime college QB in Newton and Burrow and then you see how really good the coach is and that is not very good.

Butch had Dobbs, Kamara and Hurd and couldn't even get to the SEC champ. game. That's a testament to his coaching abilities.

Beat a better coach and we’ll talk. Wonder how the star gazers are interpreting your post? 🤔

Kind of like the last years for Fulmer. Those early years didn’t really tell the story. Of course Chip went out and got another job, and didn’t rob his former school blind. Twice.
No…just every employer since. I think the Eagles just recently finished paying him off. Now for the Niners… What I feel about his program building is that instead of getting on the road and recruiting after he landed the UCLA job, he stayed at ESPN to finish up bowl coverage. #Priorities

No…just every employer since. I think the Eagles just recently finished paying him off. Now for the Niners… What I feel about his program building is that instead of getting on the road and recruiting after he landed the UCLA job, he stayed at ESPN to finish up bowl coverage. #Priorities
So their both crooks? I’ll go with that.

VN Store

Back