China Thread

That sounds like a long deployment for a sub, I thought they were typically out 90 days. IDK if the story is true or not, could be but the part about hitting an unknown object is highly doubtful. They know what they hit.
You would think they got a pretty good look at it once they hit it.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
One of my oldest friends was a submariner aboard a nuclear sub. I hadn't heard about this until today, so I haven't talked to him about it yet.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
One of my oldest friends was a submariner aboard a nuclear sub. I hadn't heard about this until today, so I haven't talked to him about it yet.
My cousin was deployed out of Kings Bay for 6 months at a time. Sent him a message to see if he has heard anything.

Hobby Lobby Recalls 14,000 Chinese stools following reports of injuries

Hobby Lobby is recalling at least 14,000 wooden stools made in China following accounts of them breaking under people across the nation.

You are being redirected...

The first thing that comes to mind on this story is the average weight of a Chinese person versus the average weight of an American. Duh!
Order specs may need to start significantly upping the max allowable weights of items like this.

Reactions: AM64
I predict that it will not.

I agree. Even the RoC Armed Forces just said that the mainland will have the ability to invade by 2025 at the earliest. Though I don't put is past the communist party to try and start something sooner rather than later.

This was no secret to the Chinese.

They knew about it, now they officially condemn it and add it the growing propaganda machine that they have for forcible reunification.

The first thing that comes to mind on this story is the average weight of a Chinese person versus the average weight of an American. Duh!
Order specs may need to start significantly upping the max allowable weights of items like this.
No its just cheap junk that only idiots would buy

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Hmmmm....I thought sonar was supposed to help avoid embarrassing events like this.

Hqving spent some time on an LA class, I highly doubt a Seawolf was pinging. My bet is either an undersea mountain or a Chinese sub. Either is the end of the Skipper's career, no questions asked.

Cheap junk goods.

UFC’s Zhang Weili Says Rose Namajunas’ Anti-Communist Remark Made Fans Dislike Her

Alex-Menendez_Getty-Images-3-640x480.jpg

Zhang Weili, a Chinese UFC fighter who was defeated in her first match against U.S. fighter Rose Namajunas, claimed her opponent’s anti-Communist remarks played a role in her loss.

Namajunas, who is of Lithuanian descent, used the phrase “better dead than red” ahead of the match in April.

The phrase is associated with an anti-communist slogan that originated during the Cold War in the 1950s.

The website MMA Junkie reported on the development:

Good.

Subversion by any means is a tenet of communism. Much like the muslim immigrants that come here and refuse to assimilate, they are taught to abuse the system and the press to their advantage...lie, cheat and steal...all while playing the victims and milking the system through our welfare programs.

I hope any ChiCom fighters get mocked and beat down when they compete in the UFC or any other events here in the US. They hate us and plot our destruction as we speak...

Reactions: AM64
I guess they could but in this case they would be defaulting on bonds owned by private investors, hedge funds, investment banks ext. Maybe some governments invested IDK.
I just always thought a gov issued bonds and payed the bond holder plus interest.
The way this article is written it almost sounds like the USG invested in a Chinese company
Guess I am just confused as usual

VN Store

Back