China Thread

The Wapo is not behind a paywall for me. Must be because I cleared out my Cache. Or maybe they like me as we think alike..lol

I set up Chrome to clear the cache selectively on the other computer and then forgot to do it here on a different browser. I'm giving it a shot to see if that fixes it.

Reactions: BreatheUT and AM64
Holy smokes...I now can read NYT...According to this the US effort was discovered by a CCP spy and communicated to the CCP. Our nation is awash with the enemy

Spy Suspect May Have Told Chinese of Bugs, U.S. Says - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Edit: Scratch that. Second view poof.

I've been using the Brave browser lately. I just fixed the NY Times on it, but you are right it's a onetime fix. It works the next time you open the browser. WaPo I got wrong ... it doesn't like my ad blocker - not sure about the cookies and previous use thing ... yet. I'm also working on Linux here rather than Windows, so can't swear that that doesn't matter.

Holy smokes...I now can read NYT...According to this the US effort was discovered by a CCP spy and communicated to the CCP. Our nation is awash with the enemy

Spy Suspect May Have Told Chinese of Bugs, U.S. Says - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Edit: Scratch that. Second view poof.

Interesting. At the far right on the url bar, Brave has a shield symbol - if on it blocks ads, etc. When I click on the WaPo article with the shield on, it doesn't work; click the shield off and the WaPo warning on the left side goes away and the page works. The shield also tells you how many things are being blocked. Somehow I think keeping track of these things is like forgetting more than I ever knew.

It's a smart move by N Korea's enablers. China has fought the US for a long time with proxy wars - Korea and Vietnam that we know of. It's a great way to destabilize the world and appear innocent.

I was going to supplement my post with a proxy war comment, but deleted.
This is how the PRC situation will go down IMO. It wont be some out of the blue Amphib strike on PRC.

Add Covid to it.

Whether intentional, "accidentally" intentional, or purely accidental by reason of stupidity, I cannot understand why the world has let China slide on covid. That just boggles the mind, and to think we haven't leveled or forced the Chinese to level the Wuhan lab to prevent it happening again is real insanity at work. Poor leadership around the globe is the only plausible explanation. The French built the lab, so they definitely have dirty hands and would like to lay low, but everybody else like the US and the UK could sacrifice some involved "overzealous" bureaucrats for poor decisions. I hold Trump as accountable as Biden and probably Obama for failure to know what was going on and to act. We should at least hold the Chinese as accountable for "medical advancements" as we did the Nazis.

I think you have to see SARS as the precursor and covid as SARS on steroids - both came from China. The trajectory says the next level might not be survivable. SARS was under Obama's watch - he doesn't get a pass.

Whether intentional, "accidentally" intentional, or purely accidental by reason of stupidity, I cannot understand why the world has let China slide on covid. That just boggles the mind, and to think we haven't leveled or forced the Chinese to level the Wuhan lab to prevent it happening again is real insanity at work. Poor leadership around the globe is the only plausible explanation. The French built the lab, so they definitely have dirty hands and would like to lay low, but everybody else like the US and the UK could sacrifice some involved "overzealous" bureaucrats for poor decisions. I hold Trump as accountable as Biden and probably Obama for failure to know what was going on and to act. We should at least hold the Chinese as accountable for "medical advancements" as we did the Nazis.

I think you have to see SARS as the precursor and covid as SARS on steroids - both came from China. The trajectory says the next level might not be survivable. SARS was under Obama's watch - he doesn't get a pass.

Umm, they own our politicians and more importantly our senior bureaucrats.

VN Store

Back