China Thread

Time to get tough!

(or is there money to be made?)

C8wJ7ZZXgAAB99I.jpg

I hope he bows like a little bish just like Obama did!!!

China is currently running long term operations vs short term ones as far as what they are getting involved in. They are doing a lot of the US/Russia empire building. Bases in foreign countries, resource rights, comanaged intelligence. but they aren't getting involved in any of the conflicts as of yet.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-40044113

But now Sri Lanka is struggling to repay that money, and so has signed an agreement to give a Chinese firm a stake in the port as a way of paying down some of that debt.

China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC), which is building the city, will get about two-thirds of the marketable land on lease for 99 years in return for its investment.

Another victim, China pours money in as an "investment loan" that they sell as being a net positive, ends up not being a net positive for the locals so the Chinese end up with control. They have been doing a lot of this. Similar things happened in Central and South America, Nicaragua's canal is a good example. and they have a couple planned projects that will end up the same. their roads in Afghanistan and then I think there is a damn system in Armenia or somewhere that is doomed from the start.

How is that? Why is the US in the Yellow Sea/East China Sea to begin with?

Chinese aggression. Also in support of our big allies South Korea and Japan.

This was a routine mission in intl waters. The Chinese fighter pilots acted aggressively, hence my correction of your comment.

On a side note, I must have missed all your crying over the Russian bombers flying missions off Alaska, the West Coast and around Guam. What are they doing there? Lol

Reactions: 1 person
Chinese aggression. Also in support of our big allies South Korea and Japan.

This was a routine mission in intl waters. The Chinese fighter pilots acted aggressively, hence my correction of your comment.

On a side note, I must have missed all your crying over the Russian bombers flying missions off Alaska, the West Coast and around Guam. What are they doing there? Lol

Alaska? You mean a few years ago when the media was screaming about Russian planes in the Aleutian Islands? Look at a map, how else would Russia be able to get to the Bering Sea and Arctic without crossing over that island chain?

Alaska? You mean a few years ago when the media was screaming about Russian planes in the Aleutian Islands? Look at a map, how else would Russia be able to get to the Bering Sea and Arctic without crossing over that island chain?

You're a geographically ignorant moron. You do know what the Aleutian Islands are, don't you? Perhaps you should look at a map. Next you'll be crying that the Aleutian Islands are encroaching on Russia.

If they wanted to fly to the Arctic they can easily do so without going near Alaska. But they do. It's a game. Their bombers recently were 50 miles (Intl waters) off of Alaska (This Chinese incident the US was 90...) with their own fighters. Why are you not shedding tears over that?

Reactions: 1 person
China Is Using Lasers to Target U.S. Pilots Flying Over Its Base in Djibouti

The military issued a notice to its pilots, later published by the Federal Aviation Administration, urging them to “use extreme caution when transiting near” the Chinese base, citing the use of a “high-power laser” on multiple occasions.

China is working on a network of naval and air bases in and around the Indian Ocean as Beijing invests to create a military capable of force projection and increased global influence. The U.S. is watching its strategic rival closely, well aware of China’s superpower potential. Still, Beijing has some way to go before it catches up the the U.S., which maintains almost 800 overseas military bases worldwide.

WTF??? And we wonder why we are $21+ trillion in debt...

This is an interesting issue. Can the Chinese government continue to create its own rules? Or is it now subject to forces it can no longer control?

what is this in reference too?

There's a tweet thread there.

But more broadly, the Chinese government has stated ambitious long-term plans. And it's a good question how in control of the ship it really is? Or if it's more like a raft negotiating through white water rapids.

Reactions: LittleVol
Not trying to sound insensitive, but hasn't this been the norm for decades?

I don't know. It had been my impression that the nation is a little more open if you operate your church in the "right" way, but I could be wrong.

Meanwhile,

Kristol is getting a lot of heat for this tweet but I think people are forgetting you can push other governments through soft power. It's not all about the military.

Reactions: LittleVol
2 US warships pass through Taiwan Strait ahead of crucial Trump-Xi meeting

Two US warships have sailed through the narrow Taiwan Strait, just days ahead of Donald Trump's meeting with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping in Argentina to discuss strained trade relations.

Guided-missile destroyer USS Stockdale (DDG 106) and the replenishment oiler USNS Pecos (T-OA-197) passed through the disputed waterway on Wednesday to show Washington’s commitment to a “free and open” Indo-Pacific. “The US Navy will continue to fly, sail and operate anywhere international law allows,” Lieutenant Rachel McMarr, a spokeswoman for the US Pacific Fleet, said in a statement.

Two US warships have sailed through the narrow Taiwan Strait, just days ahead of Donald Trump's meeting with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping in Argentina to discuss strained trade relations.

Guided-missile destroyer USS Stockdale (DDG 106) and the replenishment oiler USNS Pecos (T-OA-197) passed through the disputed waterway on Wednesday to show Washington’s commitment to a “free and open” Indo-Pacific. “The US Navy will continue to fly, sail and operate anywhere international law allows,” Lieutenant Rachel McMarr, a spokeswoman for the US Pacific Fleet, said in a statement.

I'm fairly certain that we will be permitted to pass anywhere we sail our ships within reason. Attack a US Navy ship with Donald Trump as president and you're hedging your bets.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
Nah, most of American cars for China are built in China, by Chinese, for Chinese consumers.

VN Store

Back