CFP Scenarios (merged)

Whatever dude. I put a ton of effort into that post, and the only thing you take from it "b10 bias"? And then selectively quote only part of?

Another poster took the time to eloquently relieve me of my concerns about Michigan outranking TN at 11-1, using logic and reason in another thread.

As I say above, I think the biggest threat comes from a 12-1 Pac 12 champ. Of course, maybe that just because I hate the South....
Whatever Dude?

All that work and we are 4-5 weeks out.

At this point, all we can do is only speculate. You have some good points, but too much football to be played.

I don't see the B10 getting 2 teams into the playoff over the SEC, if there happens to be an opportunity to do so . GA beats TN, Ohio State beats Michigan. SOR/SOS wins out.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Just winning out doesn’t do it. We got embarrassed. We need lots of teams to lose for us to have a chance. Let’s be honest.
We did not get embarrassed - we just lost - to the number one team in America at Georgia home field - like everyone else they played. Oregon got embarrassed. LSU got embarrassed by UT - we simply lost the game....cheeze

Opsss
TCU debuted in the rankings at 7..... The only changes that have happened since are #1 losing to #3.... There is nothing that has happened this week that has caused TCU to bump up in the rankings. The 6 teams in front of them just reshuffle....

And if you think it is a lock that an undefeated P5 school gets in the playoff no matter what, what 4 teams get in if the following happens on conference title week? I can sure as hell guarantee you that 13-0 TCU does not get in with the below scenario. And if that is the case, the above notion that "an undefeated P5 gets
I think there are a few ways they would get left. UGA losing in Atlanta for one would cause them to get left out if Clemson is 13-0 and OSU/Michigan are 13-0....

SEC will get 2 teams in this year, it is just a matter of it being UGA and TENN or UGA and BAMA/Ole Miss.

If we are talking precedent aka OSU in 2014, we can make the argument as recently as last year that a #1 ranked 12-0 team losing in Atlanta would stay in the top 4.... UGA didn't stay in the top 4 after getting blasted by Bama last year just because there wasn't another P5 13-0 team out there.
Doubtful. Clemson losing tonight but finishing 12-1 ACC Champ is very much likely in the playoff based on their name and politics. Good chance UNC is ranked top 12 top in that title game as well.

TCU is completely irrelevant regardless of record

TCU got in because the 3-4 teams I consistently said would block them out lost games? Color me shocked….. big discovery here!
Per you

No, TCU was never fighting for the third spot....4th at best..... anyone saying otherwise was a closet tcu fan

If they went undefeated they werent in because of their sos being only in the top 10

Your absolute arrogance in ignorance annoyed me throughout the thread, consistiently calling others clowns while you espouted you confident nonsense with multiple "mark this thread" for your future told you so moments

Quit being a dick

Per you

No, TCU was never fighting for the third spot....4th at best..... anyone saying otherwise was a closet tcu fan

If they went undefeated they werent in because of their sos being only in the top 10

Your absolute arrogance in ignorance annoyed me throughout the thread, consistiently calling others clowns while you espouted you confident nonsense with multiple "mark this thread" for your future told you so moments

Quit being a dick

Per me, TCU wasn’t gonna get the 3 if Tennessee went 11-1, we didn’t. They were gonna get blocked out if USC went 12-1, they didn’t. They were gonna get blocked out if LSU ran table and went 11-2, they didn’t.

Congrats are cherry picking my countless comments saying TCU would be in a different spot right now IF AND ONLY IF other teams finished at certain records. And guess what, those teams didn’t finish at those certain records and TCU got help. This isn’t rocket science. Congrats on your defective skills! Or maybe it’s more like Bozo the Clown skills you have!

Per me, TCU wasn’t gonna get the 3 if Tennessee went 11-1, we didn’t. They were gonna get blocked out if USC went 12-1, they didn’t. They were gonna get blocked out if LSU ran table and went 11-2, they didn’t.

Congrats are cherry picking my countless comments saying TCU would be in a different spot right now IF AND ONLY IF other teams finished at certain records. And guess what, those teams didn’t finish at those certain records and TCU got help. This isn’t rocket science. Congrats on your defective skills! Or maybe it’s more like Bozo the Clown skills you have!

Those are all things you said, definitive statements with your obvously limited knowledge... an undefeated tcu would be lucky to sneak in at 4

Lets face facts, the way you run your mouth on here you would never do in person, i dont come on here to disrespect other opinions unless they act like children.... but you do it with reckless abandonment

Stay safe behind that keyboard champ

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Those are all things you said, definitive statements with your obvously limited knowledge... an undefeated tcu would be lucky to sneak in at 4

Lets face facts, the way you run your mouth on here you would never do in person, i dont come on here to disrespect other opinions unless they act like children.... but you do it with reckless abandonment

Stay safe behind that keyboard champ

You must not be very bright if you think making a point or statement based on conditions didn’t happen here. I said many times. TCU would have issues with the playoff IF certain teams finished at certain records. What does that mean if those teams don’t finish at those certain records? The trouble for TCU goes away…. Not that difficult to understand cause and effect viewpoints.

And yes of course you got me. I’m this staunch keyboard warrior!

Not true. Here is your quote:
"TCU is completely irrelevant regardless of record."

You made numerous confident assertions that were simply wrong. Nobody would care, except that you insulted other posters in the process. Show a little dignity now.

I'm blocking you because this last month shows you don't know enough about college football to be worth paying attention to, and you're unpleasant in the way you go about proving it.

Reactions: WingT
Not true. Here is your quote:
"TCU is completely irrelevant regardless of record."

You made numerous confident assertions that were simply wrong. Nobody would care, except that you insulted other posters in the process. Show a little dignity now.

I'm blocking you because this last month shows you don't know enough about college football to be worth paying attention to, and you're unpleasant in the way you go about proving it.

Yea. Completely irrelevant if other teams finished at certain records which I said countless times. But good job uncovering some great mystery! Anyone can cherry pick a sentence from a 50 page thread to show bias! Great job, pal!

Amazing how sensitive some are on the internet… great stuff!

Yea. Completely irrelevant if other teams finished at certain records which I said countless times. But good job uncovering some great mystery! Anyone can cherry pick a sentence from a 50 page thread to show bias! Great job, pal!

Amazing how sensitive some are on the internet… great stuff!

Do you ever admit you’re wrong?

Doubtful. TCU loses. They drop to the 7-10 range. They simply don’t have good opponents on their schedule to have a “good loss” and keep them in the hunt. Same with USC.

If both lose, they like drop out of the top 6 and insert Ohio State for sure and Bama/Tennessee with a bit lower odds.

There is simply no way the #3 team can lose and not drop in the rankings… not sure who would argue that as a realistic possibility. TCU all season long could afford a loss as their opponent season W/L was like 72-71… simply no really good teams they beat this year. Best win is to a 3 loss team.

Although I think the Vols are capable of winning over any of the teams any given day it turned out pretty fair to me. I must add though Tennessee ultimately did have the toughest schedule based on top 25.

Do you ever admit you’re wrong?

“TCU won’t make the playoff if these teams finish at these records” is not that hard to comprehend. Did the teams I said had to finish at a certain record finish at those certain records? No. So therefore TCU’s reason for missing the playoff is no longer valid. This isn’t rocket science or hard to understand.

Tennessee had to finish 11-1, I said that. They finished 10-2
USC had to finish 12-1, i said that. They finished 11-2
LSU had to finish 11-2, i said that. They finished 9-4….

But keep cherry-picking bucko! You’re doing great!

“TCU won’t make the playoff if these teams finish at these records” is not that hard to comprehend. Did the teams I said had to finish at a certain record finish at those certain records? No. So therefore TCU’s reason for missing the playoff is no longer valid. This isn’t rocket science or hard to understand.

Tennessee had to finish 11-1, I said that. They finished 10-2
USC had to finish 12-1, i said that. They finished 11-2
LSU had to finish 11-2, i said that. They finished 9-4….

But keep cherry-picking bucko! You’re doing great!

Not cherry picking at all. You clearly stated they’d drop to 7-10 and wouldn’t make the playoffs. You even went as far as to say “there’s no way” TCU can lose and make the playoffs

Doubtful. TCU loses. They drop to the 7-10 range. They simply don’t have good opponents on their schedule to have a “good loss” and keep them in the hunt. Same with USC.

If both lose, they like drop out of the top 6 and insert Ohio State for sure and Bama/Tennessee with a bit lower odds.

There is simply no way the #3 team can lose and not drop in the rankings… not sure who would argue that as a realistic possibility. TCU all season long could afford a loss as their opponent season W/L was like 72-71… simply no really good teams they beat this year. Best win is to a 3 loss team.

Not cherry picking at all. You clearly stated they’d drop to 7-10 and wouldn’t make the playoffs. You even went as far as to say “there’s no way” TCU can lose and make the playoffs

You’re doing great sweety!

VN Store

Back