Carolina Panthers

It's hilarious to see the SJWs pulling out their oppression hierarchy charts and deciding whether or not they should rip into Cam for this comment. I think they are having a pretty hard time with it. The left-wing media is sympathetic to Cam because they think he's been the target of racism in his career, and he's lifted raised fists in support of the anthem protests, but now he's made a sexist comment nobody can justify.

Make no mistake about it - if, say, Kirk Cousins made this comment, there would be serious calls in the media for the NFL to suspend him.

People have been racist toward him several times, sure, but he's been pretty universally chastised for this one and rightfully so. I've seen people saying it isn't a big deal (I disagree) but haven't seen any "SJW" try to justify the comment.

I don't think Cousins would be in any more trouble for this comment. Cam is already losing sponsors. If Cousins made it racist, then he'd be in more trouble

People have been racist toward him several times, sure, but he's been pretty universally chastised for this one and rightfully so. I've seen people saying it isn't a big deal (I disagree) but haven't seen any "SJW" try to justify the comment.

I don't think Cousins would be in any more trouble for this comment. Cam is already losing sponsors. If Cousins made it racist, then he'd be in more trouble

No, not saying any SJWs are trying to justify the comment. I'm just saying he made a comment nobody can justify, but I think some in the media are hesitant to really rein fire down upon him because they think he's been the target of prejudicial comments himself and is on the correct side of the social issue du jour (anthem protests). The really shouldn't make any difference in their reaction, but it does. They aren't really bringing the heat against him like they are capable of.

It's controversial to say, but I really do think that if a white guy made the comments, or someone with a perceived "privilege," the calls for punishment against that person would be worse than what we're seeing with Cam. And I agree with you - better to make a sexist comment (no matter your race) than a racist one. For some reason, you get in much more trouble for thinking black people are inferior than thinking women are inferior. I'm still trying to figure out the hierarchy myself.

No, not saying any SJWs are trying to justify the comment. I'm just saying he made a comment nobody can justify, but I think some in the media are hesitant to really rein fire down upon him because they think he's been the target of prejudicial comments himself and is on the correct side of the social issue du jour (anthem protests). The really shouldn't make any difference in their reaction, but it does. They aren't really bringing the heat against him like they are capable of.

It's controversial to say, but I really do think that if a white guy made the comments, or someone with a perceived "privilege," the calls for punishment against that person would be worse than what we're seeing with Cam. And I agree with you - better to make a sexist comment (no matter your race) than a racist one. For some reason, you get in much more trouble for thinking black people are inferior than thinking women are inferior. I'm still trying to figure out the hierarchy myself.

Hierarchy is simple
- Trans
- Muslims
- Blacks
- Gays
- Latinos
- Women
- Asians
- White Males.

What's the deal with these penalties so far? How do you have 12 men in the huddle on the first play from scrimmage?!

Cam’s shoulder is holding up well. One of his best games in a Panther uniform. The defense collapsing in the 4th quarter was a bit alarming, though.

Is Cams knee ok? Looked bad last night when they zoomed in on it. I haven't heard anything about it though.

Benjamin had that big round welt on his knee but was playing fine, I didn’t see anything about Cam’s

Oh, thanks. I thought that was Cam. My bad. I had the sound turned down at the time. I googled Cam's knee this morning and I just got a bunch of hits about protests, nothing about actual football...

Really anxious to hear about Luke. If it's another bad concussion, he has to be considering retirement.
Can we trade for Klein right away, please!

Really anxious to hear about Luke. If it's another bad concussion, he has to be considering retirement.
Can we trade for Klein right away, please!

Agreed. It'd be a terrible shame if he retired, as I believe he's Canton-bound with a few more years underneath his belt. All that said, his life and well-being are far more important than football.

The argument advanced on the team website was that they didn't like having two big, slow receivers, and thought trading one would open up more snaps for speedsters like Samuel and Byrd. But then you could just trade Funchess...Benjamin is clearly better than him.

Yes, Benjamin is the better player, which also means he was worth more in trade. I think this trade indicated that Carolina wasn't going to pay him the salary he would require going forward, so they got what they could. Funchess has come on this season and has a couple of cheap years left. I'm not as worried about the difference between Benjamin and Funchess as I'm worried about the rest of the WR group that now has to step up to provide a #2 option and deep threat. Olsen can't get back soon enough, but none of this will matter if they can't start running the ball more effectively. Maybe sending Samuel on post patterns every play will help in that regard.

Yes, Benjamin is the better player, which also means he was worth more in trade. I think this trade indicated that Carolina wasn't going to pay him the salary he would require going forward, so they got what they could. Funchess has come on this season and has a couple of cheap years left. I'm not as worried about the difference between Benjamin and Funchess as I'm worried about the rest of the WR group that now has to step up to provide a #2 option and deep threat. Olsen can't get back soon enough, but none of this will matter if they can't start running the ball more effectively. Maybe sending Samuel on post patterns every play will help in that regard.

But like Panthro said, if you just let him walk, you're probably getting a third-round pick anyway. Fourth at minimum but I'd say third

VN Store

Back