Carolina Panthers

We're a run-based team and we now have no FB on the roster after cutting Armah to add a third-string QB. Gotta think that spot will be filled after we drop/trade one of our kickers.

We have a pretty good FB stashed on our practice squad that I hope nobody poaches.

We have a pretty good FB stashed on our practice squad that I hope nobody poaches.

Negative, good sir. No FB. They cut Darrell Young and initially kept Alex Armah. Then they cut Armah for Brad Kaaya. Practice squad is currently full.

nothing on the game yesterday? game 1 thoughts...

1. Cam obviously rusty...he needs reps bad. but overall not an awful day, just could have been a great day.
2. thought the WR's for the most part played well.
3. concerted effort to get MaCaffery the ball, and i think that will pay dividends going forward, both production wise, and creating other match up advantages elsewhere.
4. Jstu ran hard, and really helped close the game.
5. and this is really what i'm most excited about...the DT's were f'n fantastic yesterday. i mean KK and Star were acting like grown azz men.
6. thought the secondary played well as well, especially Curt Coleman

solid game 1 effort, against an albeit rebuilding SF team...but it was on the road, on the west coast, and they beat a team they were supposed to, fairly dominantly, even with the errors we saw on offense. keep pounding....

All in all, a solid performance. Defense was great, Gano was on point, offense showed a lot of diversity. Bring on Buffalo.

I can't tell if Cam is just rusty from the missed reps this off-season or if he's just not ready to play yet.
We really need a win this weekend. Too many tough games late in the season to drop one to the Saints at home.

Just a horrible day at the office.
The defense was man-handled and the offense doesn't really seem to care. If you can have the best offense in the league with Ginn and Cotchery, then you ought to be able to score against the worst defense in the league. Unbelievable! Now we've got three really tough games in a row.

Pats defense is horrendous, but still, great to see Cam looking more and more comfortable. Keep up the power run game and good things happen.

Cam needs energy and confidence to excel. He's had that really taken out of him, but hopefully the win against the Pats can be the boost he needs and we can start watching the Cam we know and love in all his glory again. He was really fun to watch a back in 2015, but had that heartbreaking Super Bowl loss and a rough season last year for a number of reasons, some of them injury-related. Here's hoping he's back to his old self.

I hope that they will continue utilizing Cam as a runner. I know they want to limit the number of shots he takes, but their offense has been predicated on him running, or at least the threat of him running. That's also a large part of his value as a QB. I'd like to see more read option with Cam, Stew, and CMC in the backfield together also.

Come on, Cam:

Jourdan Rodrigue, for the past year one of two beat writers assigned by The Observer to cover the Carolina Panthers, asked Newton during his weekly press conference about wide receiver Devin Funchess’s routes.

“It’s funny to hear a female talk about routes,” Newton said, laughing to himself and then repeating, “It’s funny.” He punctuated the remark with a couple of exaggerated smiles. Only then did he answer the question.

NFL | Cam Newton's sexist statement to reporter was not funny | Charlotte Observer

It's hilarious to see the SJWs pulling out their oppression hierarchy charts and deciding whether or not they should rip into Cam for this comment. I think they are having a pretty hard time with it. The left-wing media is sympathetic to Cam because they think he's been the target of racism in his career, and he's lifted raised fists in support of the anthem protests, but now he's made a sexist comment nobody can justify.

Make no mistake about it - if, say, Kirk Cousins made this comment, there would be serious calls in the media for the NFL to suspend him.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back