Call it defeatist if you want, but we will be lucky not to get swept.

At least we didn't get swept.

Next three series are against AM, KY and Missouri. Win all of those and sets up good for Arkansas

I don't agree with you.. but I wasn't challenging the content of that post I replied to, as much as I was wondering why, even after a great win like today - this place is still so inundated with negative sentiment.
Have you been to Mizzou?

Figured we'd snag 1 vs candy. Just didn't expect it against their ace. Keeping it real...their roster is superior, but we're gaining on them quickly.

Reactions: Bigun and vol66
Disagree. Vabdy is worse and Missouri is awful.
Vabdy may be worse but Vanderbilt’s is much better than LNS and their player facilities are top notch. Kentucky and Missouri look worse (I have not been to either). Wonder why they are fighting for a trip to Hoover?

Well the op was correct. Tenn was lucky to not get swept. It took the greatest single game performance in Tennessee baseball history from a walk on hitting under .200 to stop it

With that said MR. RUSSLE should never pay for a beer as long as he’s alive in this state

he’s Tennessee’s Worth Scott

Vabdy may be worse but Vanderbilt’s is much better than LNS and their player facilities are top notch. Kentucky and Missouri look worse (I have not been to either). Wonder why they are fighting for a trip to Hoover?
KYs stadium is nicer and newer, it's brand new.

Well the op was correct. Tenn was lucky to not get swept. It took the greatest single game performance from a walk on hitting under .200 to stop it

With that said MR. RUSSLE should never pay for a beer as long as he’s alive in this state

Biggest thing was we did what we had to do to not get swept.

Next 3 weekends are HUGE for the season. Can't really afford to lose any of the upcoming series before Arky comes to town.

Biggest thing was we did what we had to do to not get swept.

Next 3 weekends are HUGE for the season. Can't really afford to lose any of the upcoming series before Arky comes to town.

Agreed. It was a solid weekend thanks to Russell

Reactions: Bigun
OP's original points are valid. If not for a career day from Evan Russell and his game-saving heroics in the bottom of the eighth, this series would have been a disaster. Vanderbilt was in control of this series almost the entire weekend.

Reactions: BruinVol
Well the op was correct. Tenn was lucky to not get swept. It took the greatest single game performance in Tennessee baseball history from a walk on hitting under .200 to stop it

Bruin, how lucky was Vanderbilt to not get swept when Georgia came to Nashville?

Someone pulled a horseshoe out of their rear in that series as well.

OP's original points are valid. If not for a career day from Evan Russell and his game-saving heroics in the bottom of the eighth, this series would have been a disaster. Vanderbilt was in control of this series almost the entire weekend.
If not for a terrible error by our third baseman, we wouldn't have needed all those runs in the 8th

Reactions: Zues1
Bruin, how lucky was Vanderbilt to not get swept when Georgia came to Nashville?

Someone pulled a horseshoe out of their rear in that series as well.

Some weekends are like that. Georgia whipped their ass that weekend. This SEC gauntlet is tough

VN Store

Back