Call it defeatist if you want, but we will be lucky not to get swept.

Bigun

My main concerns is what has reared its ugly head all year and that is lack of punch in the hitting lineup.

Doesn't help that Gilbert has hit the skids, and Beck and Lipscius are still struggling.

Main difference last night was that Vandy's hitters were good enough to make us pay for mistakes while Rockers pitches left over the plate were popped up.

Best hope is Tidwell is on tomorrow

This is what I've noticed. Vandy wasn't blowing the cover off the ball. They just took advantage of any opening and got two homeruns. Once the bullpen came in we tanked.

LOL. Get a baseball encyclopedia. Learn a little something about the game you enjoy. LOL

Good idea, I just ordered this.

151bd4d50e1bffee6e7b3d00c4764a08505d517a.jpg

This is what I've noticed. Vandy wasn't blowing the cover off the ball. They just took advantage of any opening and got two homeruns. Once the bullpen came in we tanked.
I hate Vandy....but the team they have this year is ridiculous in talent across the entire roster.

They have elite speed at leadoff hitter, they have 2-3 guys that are good contact hitters, then have guys like Gonzales that hit bombs...add to that their top 2 pitchers likely go 1-2 in MLB draft.

Think getting embarrassed by UGA last weekend was best thing that could have happened to them.

Meanwhile UGA outscored Vandy 25-8 last weekend then lose 6-1 to Kentucky last night.

VN Store

Back