caitlin clark 40 pts back to back games played of the year no if and buts about it

I wasn't,,,until I saw the video of Caitlin "John Cena'ing" in the E8

If folks don't think Mulkey used all the antics Clark used on the court this season demonstrating they were facing someone who was determined to hang 40 on them and trash talk them along the way I don't know what to tell you. LSU was determined not to allow Clark to be Clark and they prevailed in that challenge. Clark, the national media, and apparently Jill Biden didn't like it but like my man Ric Flair used to say, "Learn to live with it!!!"

Reactions: volfan102455
I'm trying to follow this logic.

So if a Mets batter flips his bat and then the Cubs pitcher beans the next batter, the Braves pitcher should bean a Cubs batter in the next game just to stand up for his East Division boyz.

Did I get that right?

If folks don't think Mulkey used all the antics Clark used on the court this season demonstrating they were facing someone who was determined to hang 40 on them and trash talk them along the way I don't know what to tell you. LSU was determined not to allow Clark to be Clark and they prevailed in that challenge. Clark, the national media, and apparently Jill Biden didn't like it but like my man Ric Flair used to say, "Learn to live with it!!!"

I chuckle at people who follow "professional" wrestling. You'd be better off going to a real theater.

Agree - LSU scored 102 points in regulation. They were on pace to score a lot more if not for only 16 in the third. The outcome was never in doubt.
think
With Clark coming back next season, it will be interesting to see who Iowa can sign from the portal. They should be able to
land a couple of good players, I would think.

Their talented center, Csinano, is out of eligibility, correct? That's a big loss for them as Iowa seemed mostly a two-player team. They will
need to add a couple of talented players if they want to get back to the Final Four--starting with another good big.
the other senior or refs sit for 20 mins was thread from three.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It's exasperating that as usual, the real stories are buried in the muck of all the showboating and sensationalist crap from both Reese and Clark.

Really galling that the Raven Johnson part of the story is so incomplete. Yep Clark disrespected her big time w the hand wave. But she defended herself in the best way possible - the FRESHMAN hit 3 straight and did not utter a peep. Twitter completely unaware of anything except her 21% season 3 pt shooter. Disrespectful of Raven by everyone, including her over the top LSU defenders. She did not need you.

Also, how about Alexis Morris' story of redemption? Won a natty (and should have been the MOP) playing for the coach who kicked her off her first (of four) teams. After an extremely bumpy life road. That's a story!

And then, poor Jasmine Carson. Who? Right, waiting on her interview.

It's exasperating that as usual, the real stories are buried in the muck of all the showboating and sensationalist crap from both Reese and Clark.

Really galling that the Raven Johnson part of the story is so incomplete. Yep Clark disrespected her big time w the hand wave. But she defended herself in the best way possible - the FRESHMAN hit 3 straight and did not utter a peep. Twitter completely unaware of anything except her 21% season 3 pt shooter. Disrespectful of Raven by everyone, including her over the top LSU defenders. She did not need you.

Also, how about Alexis Morris' story of redemption? Won a natty (and should have been the MOP) playing for the coach who kicked her off her first (of four) teams. After an extremely bumpy life road. That's a story!

And then, poor Jasmine Carson. Who? Right, waiting on her interview.
Great stories all. Such a shame they have yet to be published.

Reactions: creekdipper
Great stories all. Such a shame they have yet to be published.
I suspect, hope, that what might save us from the race to the bottom is simply the hotdogs' teammates getting sick of them sucking all the oxygen out of the room. If we think their sh*t is exhausting to see and hear about, imagine how the poor players they obscure must feel. And I realize their teammates are all about defending their respective publicity hogs right now, but day to day, eventually, it doesn't wear well.

Additionally she was assessed a tech for directing the ball to the inbound spot behind her back, which is a violation for NOT retruning the ball to the official, but late in the game an unhappy LSU lady disgustingly PLANTED the ball which is also a violation but was given a free pass. That is the kind of bias that needs attention.

But look at Caitlin's first TOUCH foul with her hands raised in her own cylinder doing an OLE move as the LSU girl drove by for the layup then add the tech for two of her critical 4 fouls. There were bad calls both ways for sure, but the NO CALLS on the drives to the basket were clearly not equal. At least 3 calls on Iowa were replayed with the announcers trying to cover for the officials making the foul calls. Now... I did not watch the whole game as I was keeping up with the Lady Vol softball game on one TV. Guess I could have missed the equalizing calls. Still fear the officials feared the clothes diva more than the Iowa coach. Clearly not giving her a tech for contact with the official on the court sort of supports that. Thought that was automatic.
ncaa want teams win. refs help teams south caroline, unconn, lsu in bunch to refs try help all they can. they left lsu have more contact vs utah i watch game . same way vs iowa refs called more iowa. refs called fouls on iowa vs south caroline when iowa slap at ball got air they got foul. so iowa mostly stand up hands south caroline could not hit baskets and refs could not kept calling fouls iowa standing still like tree. then when iowa when basket south caroline was free to hand check make contact when made iowa made basketno in one even if contact knot iowa to floor. not leave out they sat iowa center with ? fouls. same thing vs lsu called contact one side. have two brothers one watch lowa games and lsu vs utah he not crazy about sports but saw refs bias. the other brother watches ut men way more than i do went to ut football with him . ask him once went pat coach are watching game he said he not watch women game much. glad si , usa today run stories and when ncaa stops hiring refs with bias for one team women vievship might go up.

Last edited:
ncaa want teams win. refs help teams south caroline, unconn, lsu in bunch to refs try help all they can. they left lsu have more contact vs utah i watch game . same way vs iowa refs called more iowa. refs called fouls on iowa vs south caroline when iowa slap at ball got air they got foul. so iowa mostly stand up hands south caroline could not hit baskets and refs could not kept calling fouls iowa standing still like tree. then when iowa when basket south caroline was free to hand check make contact when made iowa made basketno in one even if contact knot iowa to floor. not leave out they sat iowa center with ? fouls. same thing vs lsu called contact one side. have two brothers one watch lowa games and lsu vs utah he not crazy about sports but saw refs bias. the other brother watches ut men way more than i do went to ut football with him . ask him once went pat coach are watching game he said he not watch women game much. glad si , usa today run stories and when ncaa stops hiring refs with bias for one team women vievship might go up.
How does that work exactly ?
Do the refs all gather together for a dinner before the game and discuss who they want to win the game ? Or does the NCAA send out a group text directing the refs to "make sure" a specific team wins ? I'm curious !

Do the refs all gather together for a dinner before the game and discuss who they want to win the game ? Or does the NCAA send out a group text directing the refs to "make sure" a specific team wins ? I'm curious !
Another of those conspiracies where hundreds of people are involved yet no one spills the beans. No one wants to be the guy who brought it all to light by doing the right thing. Reminds of folks saying the team "didn't want to win". Where is that decided? Pregame meal? Shootaround?

Reffing is horrible, but also, IMO, has become impossible. Players are too fast, too big and way too much leaning and pushing for postion in the post has been allowed. I don't think even epically horrible reffing like Sunday is intentional, it's just incompetence under current circumstances.

Speaking of impossible, I wonder if the only way to rein things in is to make basketball a non contact sport again. No pushing etc, it's all a foul. Of course then huge posts will be impossible to guard and it will become a game of lob and finish. Strictly enforcing 3 second in the lane call might help w that.

After Sunday's shi*storm, something has to be done.

Another of those conspiracies where hundreds of people are involved yet no one spills the beans. No one wants to be the guy who brought it all to light by doing the right thing. Reminds of folks saying the team "didn't want to win". Where is that decided? Pregame meal? Shootaround?

Reffing is horrible, but also, IMO, has become impossible. Players are too fast, too big and way too much leaning and pushing for postion in the post has been allowed. I don't think even epically horrible reffing like Sunday is intentional, it's just incompetence under current circumstances.

Speaking of impossible, I wonder if the only way to rein things in is to make basketball a non contact sport again. No pushing etc, it's all a foul. Of course then huge posts will be impossible to guard and it will become a game of lob and finish. Strictly enforcing 3 second in the lane call might help w that.

I wouldn’t touch that bet. The ratings are through he roof. No way they rustle feathers on the goose.

four groups of refs the calls 1 grounp unconn and south caroline get calls all the time. 2 grourp lsu in gets vs every one other than sc or unconn, 3 group got stanford only get help vs four their more teams in third group . then their four grourp teen in that bunch with iowa do go to get even call games there less teams in group 4 refs mistakes one thing but refs have a dog in the fight anthor.

I suspect, hope, that what might save us from the race to the bottom is simply the hotdogs' teammates getting sick of them sucking all the oxygen out of the room. If we think their sh*t is exhausting to see and hear about, imagine how the poor players they obscure must feel. And I realize their teammates are all about defending their respective publicity hogs right now, but day to day, eventually, it doesn't wear well.

Optimistic thought, and hope you're right. At least one of the self-aggrandizers is already pushing new "merch" prominently focusing on her more highly-publicized and most recent polarizing gestures, though. Buckle up for the ride.

Speaking of polarizing gestures, it appears that Raven Johnson was stung a bit by the dissing of her team. After the LSU win, she tweeted her congrats and said, "Way to win the bar fight!!"

Not sure if Mulkey has yet responded with a press statement explaining to Johnson that her players "are not bar fighters (etc., etc., etc.)."

u
usely the same bad refs gets big games . i think maria who clovers lady vols posted on one face book oh man when she saw refs before game. no text needed when same refs gets big games

unconn complain of rough play stanford coach said her team this not wrestling match. if other non sec confences do not like how contact paint is more than when kellie jolly played they need to speak up. there been more pushing and shoveing matches if kepts up that force ncaa to act.

VN Store

Back