caitlin clark 40 pts back to back games played of the year no if and buts about it

Bottom line is more players for LSU shot the ball better than I have ever, EVER seen a team wearing LSU uniforms shoot the ball. And that's going back decades and including some outstanding LSU teams. Remember back when Seimone Augustus, Sylvia Fowles and Tameka Johnson were a nearly unstoppable scoring/defending trio? Not even they were ever able to catch the magic that group caught yesterday.

I enjoyed watching Iowa's own magical run this post-season. They are an amazing team, well-coached on both ends. They were defending LSU yesterday as well as anyone COULD have under the game's circumstances, but if an opponent catches magic to the extent that it begins to feel like Divine intervention that is allowing everything thrown into the air go into the basket, then there's not anything any defense can do about it.

Iowa had that magic in several games on the way to the final, but yesterday the universe favored LSU. And as grating as Clark's in-game "worship me" posturing had become to me, I have to say her outstanding post-game interviews this week won me over in their selfless refocusing of attention off of her and onto her team.

Good stuff. Great tournament in so many ways.
lsu shot ball good but refs were lsu just way i see it. hard to play when refs are looking to screw you with bad foul calls. and non calls on the team refs are for.

I don't like her antics, but it is fire in the mind/body/soul that players respect and give their all for.
Her players KNOW she is fighting for them
Kelie, take note
Once again, it does not take a public display. I'm pretty sure Kellie's players KNOW she is fighting for them. Or else Rickea wouldn't have given up a top draft spot to play for her again. Never mind that the players, including RJ, the star she benched, has said a thousand times they know the coaches completely support them on and off the court, now and later in their life.

As usual, you're conflating what YOU see in public with what the players KNOW. It ain't the same thing.

Caitlin did that same punk ass display against Maryland and nobody said a thing. Reese fished out what Clark was serving earlier and Clark’s fans along with her don’t like how it tastes.
Much better composition than the post in the other thread. This is appropriate. The other, not so much…

Reactions: mudcat1973
oh well softball look good freshmen throw 74 mph 5 year ace ashley 4 year player of the year from bowling green best three pitchers vols have had not to miss vols are hiting good

Last edited:
Caitlin did that same punk ass display against Maryland and nobody said a thing. Reese fished out what Clark was serving earlier and Clark’s fans along with her don’t like how it tastes.

Making a gesture in the moment, a single gesture, is not the same as FOLLOWING someone around on the court, getting in their face, and taunting them, for ten or fifteen seconds or whatever it was. Hand in the face, pointing at a "ring finger," and following someone around on the court and taunting them.

Those two things are NOT the same. They aren't equivalent. No matter how much you want them to be, they aren't the same thing at ALL. No amount of talking can get around the fact that Reese made it personal, made it petty, and most of all, made it unsportsmanlike. All the excuses can't change how trashy Reese acted.

Last edited:
Your knowledgeable about basketball. when the topic goes in ufo land you go with the flow. sometime people are rude can say you kept your cool when this site gets heated @chuckiepoo

The women's game has never seen anything like Caitlin Clark. She can score from anywhere, and her ball handling and court vision are extraordinary. I thoroughly enjoyed watching that.

The women's game has seen plenty of bulk scorers with good court vision. "She can score from anywhere" and can also crank up some of the worst shots I've ever seen. 37% 3 point shooter on the year. Go look a Kelsey Plum's senior year (just for one example). 34 pts per game, 52.9% from the field, 42.8% from 3, 88.7% from the line, 5.1 assists. I've heard this exact same line on Paige Buechers, and she averaged 20 and shot 46% from 3 as a freshman on a team that doesn't allow you to take 3 out of 4 shots. You don't think she could have gone somewhere else and put up 30 a game?

Making a gesture in the moment, a single gesture, is not the same as FOLLOWING someone around on the court, getting in their face, and taunting them, for ten or fifteen seconds or whatever it was. Hand in the face, pointing at a "ring finger," and following someone around on the court and taunting them.

Those two things are NOT the same. They aren't equivalent. No matter how much you want them to be, they aren't the same thing at ALL. No amount of https://www.adoptapet.com/pet/37693...ertFR-910&utm_term=petId:37693799,placement:5 talking can get around the fact that Reese made it personal, made it petty, and most of all, made it unsportsmanlike. All the excuses can't change how trashy Reese acted.

Additionally she was assessed a tech for directing the ball to the inbound spot behind her back, which is a violation for NOT retruning the ball to the official, but late in the game an unhappy LSU lady disgustingly PLANTED the ball which is also a violation but was given a free pass. That is the kind of bias that needs attention.

But look at Caitlin's first TOUCH foul with her hands raised in her own cylinder doing an OLE move as the LSU girl drove by for the layup then add the tech for two of her critical 4 fouls. There were bad calls both ways for sure, but the NO CALLS on the drives to the basket were clearly not equal. At least 3 calls on Iowa were replayed with the announcers trying to cover for the officials making the foul calls. Now... I did not watch the whole game as I was keeping up with the Lady Vol softball game on one TV. Guess I could have missed the equalizing calls. Still fear the officials feared the clothes diva more than the Iowa coach. Clearly not giving her a tech for contact with the official on the court sort of supports that. Thought that was automatic.

The women's game has seen plenty of bulk scorers with good court vision. "She can score from anywhere" and can also crank up some of the worst shots I've ever seen. 37% 3 point shooter on the year. Go look a Kelsey Plum's senior year (just for one example). 34 pts per game, 52.9% from the field, 42.8% from 3, 88.7% from the line, 5.1 assists. I've heard this exact same line on Paige Buechers, and she averaged 20 and shot 46% from 3 as a freshman on a team that doesn't allow you to take 3 out of 4 shots. You don't think she could have gone somewhere else and put up 30 a game?

The equivalent would be going somewhere else, putting up 30 a game and carrying that team to the national championship game after beating undefeated South Carolina, which is far from a sure thing - Bueckers lost to South Carolina WITH UConn.

Yes, their entire team plays really smart. That intelligent sagging on the defense end made it almost look like they were playing a triangle and two defense.

But, they were really daring USCjr to beat them with their outside shooting. When it came around to crunch time, Dawn overstressed her shooters and they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
i want a farm girl from iowa cornfeilds. one who can run a tractor and who knows how grow corn as far as eye can see, and ones who run circles around city girls of caroline and more heart beat them down the court. refs sat two of their players and did not win champship but refs favor did not one to , so i will always think caitlin beating the gamecocks with her robin on the bench but refs could not kept batgirl from became supergirl and beating ncaa newest pet team. go hawks you always have place in my heart talking refs favorited team down.

The equivalent would be going somewhere else, putting up 30 a game and carrying that team to the national championship game after beating undefeated South Carolina, which is far from a sure thing - Bueckers lost to South Carolina WITH UConn.
It was a response to StickMan, who said, "The women's game has never seen anything like Caitlin Clark." Which simply isn't true. Great player, mind you, but quite the overstatement. So, no, it's not the equivalent. Also, (and I hesitate to say anything positive about UCONN and am always glad to see them lose) a gimpy Bueckers with a gimpy Fudd lost to South Carolina.

I will make a correction, though: Caitlin shot 38.9% from 3. Keep in mind that when Steph shot 38% last year, lots of media-types were speculating that it was the end.

Never did I think to see LV fans caping for an obnoxious Iowa player who gestures and trash talks as part of her game get some comeuppance and lose their minds. Frankly, Clark ought catch everything she dishes out next year as well imo. She set the table now make her eat.

Think that's going to play well when she takes her game to the WNBA?

It was a response to StickMan, who said, "The women's game has never seen anything like Caitlin Clark." Which simply isn't true. Great player, mind you, but quite the overstatement. So, no, it's not the equivalent. Also, (and I hesitate to say anything positive about UCONN and am always glad to see them lose) a gimpy Bueckers with a gimpy Fudd lost to South Carolina.

You're saying it's "quite the overstatement" because there have been other great players who have scored/could score 30+, I'm saying there's a difference between doing that on a mediocre team and on a finals-quality team.
I will make a correction, though: Caitlin shot 38.9% from 3. Keep in mind that when Steph shot 38% last year, lots of media-types were speculating that it was the end.

I don't think anyone was speculating this, at least not anyone worth a damn. 38-39% on high volume with the shots Curry/Clark take is very good. Kobe was considered a good shooter at 32.9%

You know, you are probably right, and I probably shouldn't have posted what I did knowing that I don't follow the women's game nearly as close as I once did. What I saw this year, which admittedly wasn't much, was unlike any female player I've seen. Her shot selection may be questionable, but I would suggest that was the only chance Iowa had to beat the best teams. Anyway, I broke one of my own rules of making a claim about a subject when I really haven't seen enough to know.

Everybody with one eye and half sense knew Mulkey was not going to allow Clark to beat her. The other 4 Iowa players were going to have to do it. They couldn't play offense and defend as well against LSU. LSU set a scoring record against them. That's not refs doing that.

Agree - LSU scored 102 points in regulation. They were on pace to score a lot more if not for only 16 in the third. The outcome was never in doubt.

Never did I think to see LV fans caping for an obnoxious Iowa player who gestures and trash talks as part of her game get some comeuppance and lose their minds. Frankly, Clark ought catch everything she dishes out next year as well imo. She set the table now make her eat.

Think that's going to play well when she takes her game to the WNBA?

So you will heartly approve when players next year double down on Reese's dancing/finger licking/too-smalling and follow her around on the court getting in her face and taunting and stand beside her on the free throw line yelling at her while taunting and up the ante? Kibd of a trash-talking/taunting one-upsmanship that keeps escalating like an arms race? Is there a limit? Used to be the old "if you can back it up," which Clark did in spades.

I mean, what was Reese's point? "I'm the Queen of Trash Talkers in college"?

I can't believe that LV fans who had to watch Reese pull her act against us would be trying to justify her actions? That's kind of subservient/masochistic behavior. And contradictory unless one is just a big fan of trash talk in all its forms, in which case the person ought to be lauding Reese, Clark, and anyone else drawing attention to themselves.

I get thataudiences lap up this stuff and the media plays it up and it's all entertainment, but between the Gorgeous George outfits and the XFL posturing, it seems that we're about to enter carnival territory.

Maybe we can get players' creative nicknames on the jerseys. I want the "She Hate Me" one.

So you will heartly approve when players next year double down on Reese's dancing/finger licking/too-smalling and follow her around on the court getting in her face and taunting and stand beside her on the free throw line yelling at her while taunting and up the ante? Kibd of a trash-talking/taunting one-upsmanship that keeps escalating like an arms race? Is there a limit?
Exactly. So where does this go from here? Race straight to the bottom? What happened to they go low, we go higher? Super-taunting wth escalation clause is just "a part of the game" now? Well so are sucka*s refs but that doesn't mean it's good.

I just watched the Reese end of game act for the first time. Oh my! It stands out to me that a)there were still 11 secs left in the game, which Reese just abandoned, and b)Reese had zero interest in celebrating with her teammates when the game did end and they begin to race toward the bench in celebration. Angel had only one thing in mind. I have never, ever seen anything approaching that degree of directed taunting. It's gobsmacking.

Let me quickly say I'm no fan of Clark's antics. I especially didn't like the wrist flip toward Raven Johnson. Completely disrespectful and uncalled for. Punkass move. I did love Johnson's reply - the 21% shooter hit 3 in a row and said NOTHING. What a concept, and thank you Coach Dawn Staley that you team plays that way.

Ladies, you have one chance, this ONE moment of your lives, to truly send a message to girls who look like both of you. What do you want it to be? Taunt em harder and F anyone who doesn't like it? Want the younguns down at the church gym in a diss piss match? The Angel/Caitlin TauntOff?

Know what would have been awesome? If Angel had chased Caitlin down (or vice versa) and extended a hand. Shake, pat the shoulder. Great effort, nice game, see you next year. Would that have been so stinking hard?

With Clark coming back next season, it will be interesting to see who Iowa can sign from the portal. They should be able to
land a couple of good players, I would think.

Their talented center, Csinano, is out of eligibility, correct? That's a big loss for them as Iowa seemed mostly a two-player team. They will
need to add a couple of talented players if they want to get back to the Final Four--starting with another good big.

VN Store

Back