‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

If true, then Saban is a huge hypocrite.

Great coach, probably the GOAT, but he does the exact same sh*t before it was even considered legal.
Saban is probably looking at overall attitude more than anything when making that comment. Whether Saban ever paid a player anyone thinking that bama players haven’t been paid in Saban tenure at bama is more than likely being naive. But I think Nico is a good guy and will be a competitor. I don’t think Heupel would have pursued as hard to if he didn’t believe in him. But I agree, Saban probably has some sour grapes for not being able to obtain everyone he wants. I think he knows he is on the outside looking in with Nico. He probably get’s Arch but it’s not in stone so he would love for Nico to hold out as long as possible. But I think he has moved all in with Arch, no reason for anyone to feel sorry for Saban he will still get his. But we are on our way back with a great coach and staff and a AD fully on board in all sports. GBO!!!!

Last edited:
Admit it, you’re still flying off by your off of the top move on a troll. Okay, carry on you might have earned it.

I agree, I grew up in the B*** suxs era, That low bred fan base and team will always earn a ‘go outside and puke’ whenever they are on. I’ve earned that ‘Tennessee is always above them, God given right’
🙂 I think the mods took that elbow drop down. Not sure why? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
Judges aren't that dumb, if it's not allowed to tie performance to attending a particular school like that, then backdooring it isn't going to make it legal.
It has nothing to do with judges and isn't illegal anyway. It is a company representing local brands and can absolutely require an individual to be available and viable to the region of the brand they are representing. A judge can do nothing for me if I sign a deal in California and am required to make appearances 3 times a month, but I can't because I'm across the country. The sponsor can absolutely void my contract if I can't fulfill my agreement.

Reactions: volbeast33
I am a true American, so I believe everyone is free to hate whomever, wherever, or whatever they please, and to what extent. With that said, I understand the hatred of UGA or Florida or Notre Dame, Joe Lunardi or NCAA selection committees...truly, I do.

However, ALL of them combined and ten times over will NEVER come close to my hatred of EVERYTHING Alabama; and, this is just one of the MANY reasons why, this article. I hate their coaches, and don't give a sh!t if they're goats or not...**** em. I hate their mascot, their players, their families, their beat writers, their red necks, their inbreeding, their smell, their look, their hypocrisy, their ABSOLUTE stupidity, their...you get the point.

I've said it for years now...one of the biggest mistakes we made, awhile ago, was refocusing our hatred everywhere else but Bama. I hate UGA and Florida as much as the next man...yet, it will NEVER touch the level of my Bama hatred. **** them all.

But, but...tell me how you really feel.:cool:

I see we are still arguing about whether the tree fiddy is guaranteed. About 5 pages of it. I read them all. Still don't know. Don't care that much. Ready for the commit.
In reality I dont think anybody really knows. Has anybody seen the actual contract? Spyre nor any other firm are going to throw away $350k just for the heck of it and hope the kid signs with Tn. If they did then they will not be in business long. This talk has been going on for days and still nobody has produced the actual contract?

Bama leaving Nico

According to this article. Saban is believed to have moved on from Nico for other QB prospects. Apparently Saban doesn't like prospects that simply go to the "highest bidder".

Sounds more like Saban got big D****** by UT and Spyre for Nico. Nobody else wants to pony up like we did. This is good.

1647842942789.gif

In reality I dont think anybody really knows. Has anybody seen the actual contract? Spyre nor any other firm are going to throw away $350k just for the heck of it and hope the kid signs with Tn. If they did then they will not be in business long. This talk has been going on for days and still nobody has produced the actual contract?
This has been asked many times. No one has seen the contract, only The Athletic article that cites the contract. The way the article describes it is he gets $350K up front. Then up to $8M after that. The collective owns his NIL rights and the lawyers make it to where he’s not tied to a school.

What we can imply is he gets the $350K regardless. Then if he wants the rest he goes to school X or the collective doesn’t do NIL deals. Also implied is that if he transfers or goes to another school the contract is void

This has been asked many times. No one has seen the contract, only The Athletic article that cites the contract. The way the article describes it is he gets $350K up front. Then up to $8M after that. The collective owns his NIL rights and the lawyers make it to where he’s not tied to a school.

What we can imply is he gets the $350K regardless. Then if he wants the rest he goes to school X or the collective doesn’t do NIL deals. Also implied is that if he transfers or goes to another school the contract is void
Makes sense. I just do not see Spyre handing out $350k and lose if he signs some place else. They are not in the business to lose a dime.

What would be the point of signing anything if doesn't bind him. I'll wait to see the contract. It's all conjecture at this point.
Everything you are saying is conjecture. Stewart Mandel has seen the contract though, what he says is not conjecture. People sign contracts all the time without the terms being equivalent to Jamestown colony style indentured servitude which is what some imagine the terms here could be. Again, the Mandel article throws cold water on such imaginations.
Screenshot_20220320-144115-821.pngScreenshot_20220320-165220-882.png

Last edited:
Reactions: VolByLaw
It has nothing to do with judges and isn't illegal anyway. It is a company representing local brands and can absolutely require an individual to be available and viable to the region of the brand they are representing. A judge can do nothing for me if I sign a deal in California and am required to make appearances 3 times a month, but I can't because I'm across the country. The sponsor can absolutely void my contract if I can't fulfill my agreement.
Contracts don't have anything to do with judges? Even if there is an arbitration clause for a dispute, the arbiters are invariably lawyers and aren't going to fall for some of the cartoon-ish tricks some here have described. There is no legal difference between "Statue of Liberty" and "any 300 foot statue on an isle in New York Harbor". Contracts are read for intent, and anyone with half a brain is going to realize that a clause requiring a kid to be at Calhoun's at 2 p.m. every day is a laughable bad faith attempt to serve to a prohibited purpose (requiring him to attend a particular school). We're getting Nico, but if he ever walks away, he walks away from the money remaining on the contract, nothing more. Let's be sure he falls in love and stays in love with Rocky Top for insurance.

Everything you are saying is conjecture. Stewart Mandel has seen the contract though, what he says is not conjecture. People sign contracts all the time without the terms being equivalent to Jamestown colony style indentured servitude which is what some imagine the terms here could be. Again, the Mandel article throws cold water on such imaginations.
View attachment 441228View attachment 441229
You can post that a million times and it proves nothing. I admit what I'm saying is conjecture. What you're posting is conjecture. Only a fool would give a kid $350K with no strings attached. Every 5 star would come and tell Spyre whatever they wanted to hear with no intention of ever playing a down for the university of Tennessee. You'd have other coaches encourage recruits to go get their free money and then sign with their programs.

You can believe what you want. I choose to believe the people at Spyre aren't T total idiots.

Contracts don't have anything to do with judges? Even if there is an arbitration clause for a dispute, the arbiters are invariably lawyers and aren't going to fall for some of the cartoon-ish tricks some here have described. There is no legal difference between "Statue of Liberty" and "any 300 foot statue on an isle in New York Harbor". Contracts are read for intent, and anyone with half a brain is going to realize that a clause requiring a kid to be at Calhoun's at 2 p.m. every day is a laughable bad faith attempt to serve to a prohibited purpose (requiring him to attend a particular school). We're getting Nico, but if he ever walks away, he walks away from the money remaining on the contract, nothing more. Let's be sure he falls in love and stays in love with Rocky Top for insurance.
Here is how this is going to work: UT/Spyre is going to give him 8 million dollars….. there is going to be language in the contract where he will only be able to complete his obligations from UT…. Judges don’t care about NCAA rules so those requirements won’t be indermining anything legally…. If the contract is voided then the client will have the right to get a new nil deal at another school but it won’t be as easy to get out of the contract as nico leaving or Tennessee just deciding not to pay him.

VN Store

Back