‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

Which again, no one has said. Obviously Spyre gets something out of the deal, however it doesn't sound like this can be used the way many here have suggested, i.e. to prevent a player from making NIL $ if they go somewhere else, they just won't get more $ from Spyre if they don't come here or leave. When Spyre is no longer paying and being in the relationship with the kid, it will no longer have exclusive rights. That's the case, at least as to anyone represented by this lawyer, and this lawyer is the one who, according to Stewart Mandel, made the 8 million dollar deal (the one which we all hope and believe is Nico and Spyre).

No, I would assume he still gets paid, but I don’t think he can negotiate a better deal elsewhere.

No, I would assume he still gets paid, but I don’t think he can negotiate a better deal elsewhere.
Probably not right now, but things are going to get interesting with athletes all over FBS if they demonstrate high value and feel they are being underpaid. One thing I gather is this isn't going to cut down on athlete mobility as much as some assume.

The carrot is all the money on the back end, basically, the kid doesn't get the money if he doesn't perform and he's going to want the money. They wouldn't write the contract up to state it's not an inducement to attend a particular school though if that wasn't a real limitation on these deals. What is a concern is say this kid comes here though and he's the absolute second coming of Cam Newton and he's about to enter his third year, maybe at that point the 2 mil a year starts looking cheap, maybe USC's collective swoops in and offers 20 mil for year 3 for appearances in the Los Angeles area. He won't get the rest of his money from Spyre at that point, but he may not care.
If he retains his NIL rights after breaking the contract, at least we have the 2nd coming of Cam Newton for a bit, and the peripheral recruiting help that originally signing a op 5 star QB gave us...

Reactions: InVOLuntary
If he retains his NIL rights after breaking the contract, at least we have the 2nd coming of Cam Newton for a bit, and the peripheral recruiting help that originally signing a op 5 star QB gave us...
Correct, that's why the aggressive down payment would conceptually be an acceptable risk. Get him here with it, hopefully he falls in love and doesn't want to leave it, especially if he remains well compensated.

Like seriously, if we were throwing 350k around like nothing and without contracts then that means we have a lot more money than what we think which can only help us
No one, absolutely no one at all, has said there is no contract. In fact, I've posted two pieces of the Mandel article saying there is a contract.
Screenshot_20220320-144115-821.pngScreenshot_20220320-165220-882.png

I wasn't trying to be argumentative, butchna. I was seriously just trying to figure out if there was more info out there than I'd seen.
There isn't. It's all speculation. He's signed a deal with Spyre for NIL. He can go anywhere he likes to go to school but he can't sign another NIL and he won't get the $8Mil. Nothing is tying him to UT but he is tied to Spyre.

Which again, no one has said. Obviously Spyre gets something out of the deal, however it doesn't sound like this can be used the way many here have suggested, i.e. to prevent a player from making NIL $ if they go somewhere else, they just won't get more $ from Spyre if they don't come here or leave. When Spyre is no longer paying and being in the relationship with the kid, it will no longer have exclusive rights. That's the case, at least as to anyone represented by this lawyer, and this lawyer is the one who, according to Stewart Mandel, made the 8 million dollar deal (the one which we all hope and believe is Nico and Spyre).
I'll have to see a link to where he gets out of the contract with Spyre if he chooses another school. I've seen nothing of the sort.

Bama leaving Nico

According to this article. Saban is believed to have moved on from Nico for other QB prospects. Apparently Saban doesn't like prospects that simply go to the "highest bidder".

Sounds more like Saban got big D****** by UT and Spyre for Nico. Nobody else wants to pony up like we did. This is good.

I'll have to see a link to where he gets out of the contract with Spyre if he chooses another school. I've seen nothing of the sort.
Except the lawyer who negotiated this deal Mandel reported on that we all hope and believe is Nico-Spyre saying his clients won't be signing deals of that type.
Screenshot_20220320-165220-882.png
And this:

Screenshot_20220320-201420-479.png
Mandel has seen the contract, therefore his article is the most authoritative source currently available, everyone else is talking completely out of their azz.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolByLaw
Bama leaving Nico

According to this article. Saban is believed to have moved on from Nico for other QB prospects. Apparently Saban doesn't like prospects that simply go to the "highest bidder".

Sounds more like Saban got big D****** by UT and Spyre for Nico. Nobody else wants to pony up like we did. This is good.

If true, then Saban is a huge hypocrite.

Great coach, probably the GOAT, but he does the exact same sh*t before it was even considered legal.

If true, then Saban is a huge hypocrite.

Great coach, probably the GOAT, but he does the exact same sh*t before it was even considered legal.

All those players with Cadillacs and all the assistants he’s had who went out to serve NCAA suspensions….but now he’s against it?

Sounds like excuse

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetAsSodaPop

VN Store

Back