Butch jones

Shoot, if I were in his shoes, I wouldn’t care.

If you can’t figure out how to retire on his former salary and current payoff and spend your time sailing and golfing, you’re even dumber than Butch.
The one that is dumber than boy butch-the great negotiator that made the deal to start with-and all those that insisted we up boy butches salary and extend his contract-idiots of the highest order.

Reactions: DixieVol
Sexton gonna Sexton.

He is probably regretting taking on Lyle as a client and hurting his streak of SEC head coaches .
Doubt it, Sexton gets paid regardless. With the current market with exponentially increasing HC salaries coupled with similarly increasing buyout packages, Sexton representing both incoming and outgoing coaches, it’s pretty much the last legal way to print your own money.

Reactions: 08Vol
Personally, I think it's more about Butch knowing he has UT spread-eagle over a barrel and not a Damn thing UT can do about it but to hunker down and take it......I call it sweet revenge!

It’s this 100%. Butch hates UT for firing him so he wants UT to suffer as much as possible. Best way to do that is to force them to pay the entire buyout

Reactions: T_Vol376 and MR_VOL
The longer he waits, the less chance he has to get a job. Out of sight, out of mind.

Not that he will ever get a FBS job, but if he wants to ever coach again, he needs to take a FCS job.

Now....I can't believe I'm saying this, and I might regret it, but if Hudspeth gets the MSU job.......I'd like Butch at the Peay! I think he would do well at that level of football.
You serious, peaygolf?

You serious, peaygolf?
I do think Butch could be successful at a FCS school. He can’t manage a major program, but a school like the Peay.....maybe.

He can bring in talent. Can’t coach it real well, but at the FCS level, he doesn’t have too.

Butch will not even consider taking another job until he has received his final payment from UT.

No way. He signs a SEC HC contract and he’s immediately $7-8 million ahead of where he is now even if he doesn’t win a single game.

I do think Butch could be successful at a FCS school. He can’t manage a major program, but a school like the Peay.....maybe.

He can bring in talent. Can’t coach it real well, but at the FCS level, he doesn’t have too.
I wouldn't want that to happen to your alma mater...and remember, I'm a Murray St alum. 😁

Reactions: peaygolf
Why do you guys keep wasting time on that loser?Who the he'll cares!He can take that cigar he takes out of his a.s each year to put into his bulls..t mouth.He can continue to wash cars and bring "Little Debbies"to Nick.Me,for at least one,I am glad he is past history.

Lol... please quit making up myths, nobody outside of Tennessee fans gives a rat's rear that Butch boy was smoking a cigar.

I'll be sure and tell these people they dont exist...

But to be clear, I'm not saying this is a commonly held position. I was very surprised that it was even noted in conversation.

Hes not done holding his little pissy grudge against UT yet and is going to milk them for every penny. But it’s gonna come back to bite him in the long run.

"Vol fans can add Tuttle to the list of NFL talent that was squandered by previous head coach Butch Jones. " This piece was in the writeup in AtoZ sports today about Shy Tuttle making their All Rookie team.

I think watching Kiffin and Butch recruit against each other for players would be fascinating. Especially when you consider the tradition of both schools to cut corners on the rules. Even when their coaches try to stay clean, their fan bases can't stop themselves. And they can't stop telling on each other.

Butch isn’t going to be hired. He’s a good candidate until they do their hw on him

Exactly. A lot of these lesser programs look at him because he's been a HC at Tennessee but then they do some research and find out he's a **** human being and vastly underachieved at UT all things considered.

The one that is dumber than boy butch-the great negotiator that made the deal to start with-and all those that insisted we up boy butches salary and extend his contract-idiots of the highest order.

this seems like an appropriate time to give a shout out to Mr. Dave Hart.

FUgiphy.gif

Reactions: DixieVol

VN Store

Back