Butch jones

Meh, think the media likes to hype Butch as a candidate for every job. I'd be shocked if they hired him. Hudspeth at Austin Peay, Napier at Lousiana, and the ST coach of the NE Patriots seem like actual candidates.

I think Butch likes to hype himself. The guy isn’t leaving his 35K per year job while he can still milk UT

Reactions: savannahfan
Cbssports says butch is a good candidate to replace Moorhead

He's ready for any job. His press conference is already rehearsed from a book. Insert school A here <_________>. Don't drop a pen and get him off track otherwise he will stumble through it.

I think Butch likes to hype himself. The guy isn’t leaving his 35K per year job while he can still milk UT
The longer he waits, the less chance he has to get a job. Out of sight, out of mind.

Not that he will ever get a FBS job, but if he wants to ever coach again, he needs to take a FCS job.

Now....I can't believe I'm saying this, and I might regret it, but if Hudspeth gets the MSU job.......I'd like Butch at the Peay! I think he would do well at that level of football.

Reactions: SpookyAction
The longer he waits, the less chance he has to get a job. Out of sight, out of mind.

Not that he will ever get a FBS job, but if he wants to ever coach again, he needs to take a FCS job.

Now....I can't believe I'm saying this, and I might regret it, but if Hudspeth gets the MSU job.......I'd like Butch at the Peay! I think he would do well at that level of football.

A Saban assistant will always be able to find a job.

Regarding Austin Peay, i don’t think they would pay enough for him to have a $200K Mercedes and 5 figure watch collection.

Reactions: dduncan4163

Regarding Austin Peay, i don’t think they would pay enough for him to have a $200K Mercedes and 5 figure watch collection.
Huds makes about $300K. I'll toss in a used Ford F150.

Don't you worry - they are already paid for...with orange money.

Butch has no character, like we don’t already know that. If the man truly loved being a CF HC he’s already had chances to do so. Those with true character don’t do what he’s doing or has done. He got a taste of big money and it changed him. Ole Nicky is just as bad as he is safe harboring him. Yes it’s business, but you reap what you sew.

I don't think he's a good hire atall....but they should inquire if the trash can is available. That can has potential I feel. All he'd need is to replace the orange and white checkers with a new team color and team number and presto...the magic would be there again for another fan base to enjoy.

I'm with the crowd who believes he gets his name tossed out with any HC position opening just to avoid TN from yanking his buyout.

He knows he is done in regards to having any real shot at a P5 school. He is a manipulative human being who has a seriously severe napoleon complex.

Honestly, I could see Butch Jones being a semi-successful coach. He just needs to stick to recruiting and coaching special teams, and he needs to hire really good coordinators and give them complete control over the offense, the defense, and their staff.

Since any new pay mitigates the buyout, that $35,000 from Alabama will subtract only minimally from the obligation Tennessee has to Jones through February 2021. He made $4.11 million last year, according to USA Today's database of coaching salaries.
One year left.😡🥶

Reactions: savannahfan
Butch's only real shot is to get some midwest program or most likely a program outside of the P5 once his money run with us is up. Put in 5 years there, prove he can coach (which would be hard since he cant) and then maybe he can get a shot again in a P5 program. Doubt it will ever be in the SEC though. Some mid-major who has losing seasons every year would be happy to have him though. His schemes would also have a LOT better chance of working when you dont require the kind of beef on the line that the SEC does. I am also sure he had to have learned something under Saban and got some good contacts.
Minot State...."Why not Minot?"

If he goes to MS State I will have to put my daughter in the transfer portal even though she loves MS State and her sorority sisters there...

Reactions: jacvols
Dooley- before coming to be our HC, he had 3 years experience. He has 6 years total HC experience.

Botch- 6 years HC experience before coming here.

Those 2 have a combined 17 years of HC experience. Yet neither one coukd land a HC job after leaving here. That speaks volumes.
What about Fulmer?

I don't know, he might run into some kind of accident around AP country..

Reactions: livefaith

VN Store

Back