Butch jones

david NC Vol

Saban uses CBJ as a coach and values him as a staff member. Why should Saban promote him, when he uses him as a coach for nothing. Saban is smart for letting the Vols pay his salary. He is not an errand boy, he is a free experienced coach.
Jones problem is the Title IX issues at UT while he was coach.

I guess if Saban is using Butch as a coach that explains their decline over the last year!!!! Butch is and will always be a joke!!!! I think the only think Saban wants to hear from Butch is "Are you ready for me to flush now SIR"[/QUOTE]

jcvols24

If butch is waiting for his buyout to be done before taking a job then i believe he is in for a world of hurt cause at that point UT will have no incentive to help him at all. I would try my damndest to blackball him if I were the UT AD in that case.

VolNExile

Easily amused
It strikes me that every year he doesn’t find another job only makes it harder to find a job the following year
Shoot, if I were in his shoes, I wouldn’t care.

If you can’t figure out how to retire on his former salary and current payoff and spend your time sailing and golfing, you’re even dumber than Butch.

I40flyer

keeping it real
We should make a deal with Mississippi, we'll pay $1,000,000.00 to their AD, if they'll hire boy butch, we'd come out WAY ahead on the pay-out/buy-out deal. I remember reading, often on this board, how Great boy butch was at recruiting, many thought he was the best recruiter they'd ever seen-they had an unnatural love for boy butch (and many still do). If he is the greatest recruiter blah-blah-blah, having him recruiting player for another SEC school could be a bad thing (in the long run) for UT-he'd be using his special, magical, recruiting powers to get players we should have gotten...

VN Store

Sponsors