Butch jones

Meh, think the media likes to hype Butch as a candidate for every job. I'd be shocked if they hired him. Hudspeth at Austin Peay, Napier at Lousiana, and the ST coach of the NE Patriots seem like actual candidates.

Is Jimmy still his agent?

Saban uses CBJ as a coach and values him as a staff member. Why should Saban promote him, when he uses him as a coach for nothing. Saban is smart for letting the Vols pay his salary. He is not an errand boy, he is a free experienced coach.
Jones problem is the Title IX issues at UT while he was coach.

I guess if Saban is using Butch as a coach that explains their decline over the last year!!!! Butch is and will always be a joke!!!! I think the only think Saban wants to hear from Butch is "Are you ready for me to flush now SIR"[/QUOTE]

Reactions: DixieVol
He is not an errand boy, he is a free experienced coach.
Jones problem is the Title IX issues at UT while he was coach.
Other than AJ Johnson, what were the others?
Were there 2 or 3 notable Title lX cases during Butch's tenure?

I think he'd have trouble putting a staff together at this point. Who would jump on that ship?
You are probably right. However, he can recruit players. The problem I’d he doesn’t know how to develop them or use them to take advantage of their talent.

If butch is waiting for his buyout to be done before taking a job then i believe he is in for a world of hurt cause at that point UT will have no incentive to help him at all. I would try my damndest to blackball him if I were the UT AD in that case.

It strikes me that every year he doesn’t find another job only makes it harder to find a job the following year
Shoot, if I were in his shoes, I wouldn’t care.

If you can’t figure out how to retire on his former salary and current payoff and spend your time sailing and golfing, you’re even dumber than Butch.

Reactions: Smokey X
I wouldn't wish Butch Jones on anyone except on anyone except for Florida or Alabama

We should make a deal with Mississippi, we'll pay $1,000,000.00 to their AD, if they'll hire boy butch, we'd come out WAY ahead on the pay-out/buy-out deal. I remember reading, often on this board, how Great boy butch was at recruiting, many thought he was the best recruiter they'd ever seen-they had an unnatural love for boy butch (and many still do). If he is the greatest recruiter blah-blah-blah, having him recruiting player for another SEC school could be a bad thing (in the long run) for UT-he'd be using his special, magical, recruiting powers to get players we should have gotten...

VN Store

Back