BTO’s UNC-Asheville Postgame Report

The tech definitely makes it an exact science now, but I don't think that really has anything to do with why they report it the way they do. Jmo. But I understand the point.

My quesiton is why does it get his panties in a wad so much. Literally one person in this thread has thrown a fit about it, and its been pointed out that this is the standard practice everywhere. If UT did it and others didn't, he might have a point, but given it's the same standard everywhere it's a pretty pointless thing to keep ranting over.

Nice BTO!!! Lot of work to do, but looks like we'll have a fun team to watch!!!! CRB going to earn his money with this group!!! The big man would of made huge difference, hope they get him eligible.

I never watched any of Gaines' high school highlights but I was a little surprised by some of the flashes I saw. Looks like he's got a pretty long wingspan and is athletic.
6'7" with a huge wingspan and no fear at all.

I think JJ will once it starts clicking for him. Seems like he did in some of the videos I've watched.
Triple J (Josiah), right ? I agree and it looks like Gaines will take it to the hole, too. Man, if only the Ticket had 20 more pounds. Well, I have a little patience, by the time the Ticket is a junior, watch out

Reactions: vols 30
My first impressions:

We have some freshman who can score. That should make a big difference this year, if they can do it against the better teams - and I think they can.

I don't know if Fulkerson is ever going to be able to do standard post up moves, but he seems back to his old self, and knows how to get free for layups and dunks.

Pons is now a basketball player, and not just an athlete. I don't think he is going to fade like he did last year.

Having two senior guards running the show is going to pay dividends in the win column this year.

It is going to be interesting to see how they fare against the better teams. If they continue to grow as a team, I think they can be competitive.

My quesiton is why does it get his panties in a wad so much. Literally one person in this thread has thrown a fit about it, and its been pointed out that this is the standard practice everywhere. If UT did it and others didn't, he might have a point, but given it's the same standard everywhere it's a pretty pointless thing to keep ranting over.
I didn’t throw a fit. I got a little defensive when about 5 or 6 people (which you can now count yourself) started a post just like yours.
I said my piece. Disagree and move on. I’m done talking about it, which was already stated and the thread had moved back on point. Stop looking for things to try to pile on about. It’s a really bad look.

Davonte Gaines was the big surprise for me didn't expect much out of him this season and he went for 9 in ten minutes and has that all around game. This is an excellent freshman class with Davonte, Oliver, and Josiah all three are gonna be great players for Tennessee and make big contributions this season.

What’s the benefit to him being gone tomorrow?
He he was gone tomorrow we wouldn't notice but if he left at the end of last season we could have an actual contributer in his place. There is opportunity cost when you have dead weight on the roster for 3 or 4 years.

Reactions: vols 30
He he was gone tomorrow we wouldn't notice but if he left at the end of last season we could have an actual contributer in his place. There is opportunity cost when you have dead weight on the roster for 3 or 4 years.
Right now we have an open spot, and it has been widely discussed we will oversign and he’s a candidate for attrition...so he hasn’t cost us anyone in the past or going forward, that is my point.

Reactions: ColinS
Right now we have an open spot, and it has been widely discussed we will oversign and he’s a candidate for attrition...so he hasn’t cost us anyone in the past or going forward, that is my point.

Make no mistake him being on the roster has cost a recruit somewhere down the line. Numbers matter

Reactions: ColinS
You can't possibly make that judgment yet. Not at this point. We just don't have enough information. Give the kid a chance to fail before giving him an "F."

3 years into a system he shouldn't look like a deer in the headlights. He would be best served to play at a smaller school.

Yep he isn’t turning into our luke Kornet like BTO said he was projected to do. All staffs miss and i respect Barnes for not running him off but it’s hurt us numbers wise

VN Store

Back