BTO’s UNC-Asheville Postgame Report

I just don’t think Pember is even close to being physical enough to defend and rebound. That’s why I thought Kent had the edge over him but I may be wrong on that
I think he may be able to give them some good minutes in certain roles. In some cases, basketball intelligence can make up a bit for some deficiencies. Strength is not his strong suit yet, but that will be different down the road.

You can't possibly make that judgment yet. Not at this point. We just don't have enough information. Give the kid a chance to fail before giving him an "F."
How much time you gonna give him? 12 years. I know very little about his game because he doesn't play. But that's kind of the point. He doesn't play. Guys like Kent usually take up a roster spot for a year or two max, and then transfer out to a low or mid major opening a scholarship back up. The real opportunity cost is when a kid like this hangs around a long time. He could be a much better fit in a different system and maybe he eventually lands on his feet somewhere.

So what’s it mean if/when Kent leaves after this season?

Could mean a lot of things.

1) finally decided it wasn’t worth the work without the play

2) maybe his body finally makes the decision for him to hang em up

3) just wants PT

And maybe the best reason

4) he graduates

Last edited:
All the doubters may be right and Kent never plays much, but I’m confused on the narrative that he’s had the opportunity to play the 2 prior years. I understood he RS’ed 1st year out of HS and last year he had knee surgery and was physically unable to play?

All the doubters may be right and Kent never plays much, but I’m confused on the narrative that he’s had the opportunity to play the 2 prior years. I understood he RS’ed 1st year out of HS and last year he had knee surgery and was physically unable to play?
He wasn’t unable to play last year. He was plenty healthy to play most of the year per practice reports

He wasn’t unable to play last year. He was plenty healthy to play most of the year per practice reports
Not true. No one had information on why he was not playing. Was he hurt? In the doghouse? Academic issues? This was discussed ad nauseum on this board, and no one had any clear information. So, for a guy to get zero minutes, something was going on.

VN Store

Back