BTO’s UNC-Asheville Postgame Report

He hasn't played.....hasn't been given the chance. Do you not think people deserve a chance? Did anyone in your life ever give you a chance?

You do realize there is a reason he hasn’t played?

I mean he plays a position of extreme need with injuries and bad ncaa news giving him ever opportunity to crack the rotation and he still isn’t in it

Barnes has a reason for Kent still being around. I suppose those that want to crucify him after one game will exist, no matter.

He’s here because Barnes recruited him and he’s been a model student athlete. Barnes hasn’t said he doesn’t believe in running good kids off if they want to stay, I respect the hell out of that even though I wish he wanted to get Pt and left

You do realize there is a reason he hasn’t played?

I mean he plays a position of extreme need with injuries and bad ncaa news giving him ever opportunity to crack the rotation and he still isn’t in it
And yet, Barnes still has him on the team? So, you know something Barnes doesn't?

He’s here because Barnes recruited him and he’s been a model student athlete. Barnes hasn’t said he doesn’t believe in running good kids off if they want to stay, I respect the hell out of that even though I wish he wanted to get Pt and left
Barnes has mentioned that to you?

And he mentioned Kent specifically?

Lol

That’s his overall philosophy. Help the kids that want to transfer out to play more and stay loyal to the kids that want to stay. I know it really bothered him when he had to cut Mostella loose

Lol

That’s his overall philosophy. Help the kids that want to transfer out and play more and stay loyal to the kids that want to stay. I know it really bothered him when he had to cut Mostella loose
I guess what I'm saying or asking is this: "Has he specifically told YOU that Kent is no good and he's just going to keep him because he's loyal to his guys?"

I guess what I'm saying or asking is this: "Has he specifically told YOU that Kent is no good and he's just going to keep him because he's loyal to his guys?"

Of course he hasn’t told me kent isnt any good

But when the kid isn’t in the rotation in year 3 with Pember being hurt and U being ruled ineligible it’s very obvious he isn’t good enough to crack the rotation.

Of course he hasn’t told me kent is no good

But when the kid isn’t in the rotation in year 3 with Pember being hurt and U being ruled ineligible it’s very obvious he isn’t good enough to crack the rotation.
You deduce that after ONE game? What if he had the flu Tuesday, or strep throat?

You deduce that after ONE game? What if he had the flu Tuesday, or strep throat?

Again it isn’t one game.

It’s year 3 for him.

And yes if it was the flu or strep throat he wouldn’t have played at all.

It’s clear if he has to play things haven’t gone well with the guys ahead of him.

I will make my decision in say.....10 games in. He may not contribute, but I like to think that sometimes people surprise. Maybe he had the Bubonic Plague the first 2 years?

I will make my decision in say.....10 games in. He may not contribute, but I like to think that sometimes people surprise. Maybe he had the Bubonic Plague the first 2 years?

I hope he can give us a few minutes for depth. . Unless we get good news from the ncaa I don’t see how our other guys can hold up long enough to keep him from being forced into some action

I hope he can give us a few minutes for depth. . Unless we get good news from the ncaa I don’t see how our other guys can hold up long enough to keep him from being forced into some action
I don't necessarily have faith that he will be a difference maker, but I do want to see on court what he can or can't do.

I don't necessarily have faith that he will be a difference maker, but I do want to see on court what he can or can't do.

All we need him to be is a winning role player. He certainly isn’t going to be a difference maker and that’s ok

I’m intrigued to see what happens with Pember. I’m not high on him at all and expected Kent to play a bigger role than him mainly because of size. That thinking appears to be wrong with Kent not playing in the rotation in game one unless Barnes is going to try to play without both. That seems very unlikely to me

All we need him to be is a winning role player. He certainly isn’t going to be a difference maker and that’s ok

I’m intrigued to see what happens with Pember. I’m not high on him at all and expected Kent to play a bigger role than him mainly because of size. That thinking appears to be wrong with Kent not playing in the rotation in game one unless Barnes is going to try to play without both. That seems very unlikely to me[ Pember is 6'10" now, so height is nearly the same. But, Pember moves better and is more fluid than Kent.

I just don’t think Pember is even close to being physical enough to defend and rebound. That’s why I thought Kent had the edge over him but I may be wrong on that

Yep he isn’t turning into our luke Kornet like BTO said he was projected to do. All staffs miss and i respect Barnes for not running him off but it’s hurt us numbers wise
Yes it looks like I was off there, we all miss on some, as you very well know.

Like I said we’ve carried empty scholarships before, and are currently, not sure who he cost us?

VN Store

Back