Bruce Feldman on Briles

Is Briles really the guy everyone wants, or he he just a name guy that gives UT some street cred?

Of course he is who people want. He and Yurcich have the best stats by a long shot. Freeze 3rd and the rest are well behind. From all original candidates, Lindsey would be 4th, Enos 5th, and Canada a far 6th place.

Reactions: IndependentVol
Briles has been at mid major. We ran into this the last few coaches. Can he make the jump to P5?? I don't know. But the mid major mindset is the reason we are in the mess we are in.

lol what?? Hey look, another know-nothing "fan". How about those 9 years at Baylor???

The ignorance on this board is ASTOUNDING.

lol what?? Hey look, another know-nothing "fan". How about those 9 years at Baylor???

The ignorance on this board is ASTOUNDING.
You need to check yourself or raise your standards. Or just stop running on the assumption I'm throwing out my uninformed opinion. He was oc for 1 season at Baylor. Sure they were 10-3 and 6-3 in conference, but their schedule wasn't very impressive.. again... they played some p5 teams that could be easily swapped with mid major.

How many Heisman Trophies do Briles have. I don’t think Weinke should run the O but work with the QBs would be a plus.
Maybe on basic techniques, but as far as learning an offisive scheme it’s best for the OC and the QB to be on the same page. The QB should be an extension of the OC. The OC has the vision and the QB executes it.

Reactions: VolForLife83
Of course he is who people want. He and Yurcich have the best stats by a long shot. Freeze 3rd and the rest are well behind. From all original candidates, Lindsey would be 4th, Enos 5th, and Canada a far 6th place.
Actually. If you had paid attention and come off that toffeed nosed high horse of yours you would see that it wasn't who everyone wanted to begin with.. ASTOUNDING

Reactions: peaygolf
So what about Locksley and Enos? Most of the time they call them passing coordinators. Just saying!

Last edited:
I was frustrated at first bc all the mixed reporting. I’ve moved past that and am now amused and ask you to join me. This stuff is really funny if you take a step back a look at it.
These media members so called experts, I mean they get paid for this, to research write and report. Lol these guys are getting the run around and it is funny. Idk if Pruitt is behind it or if it’s just them making fools of themselves but I for one am finding some genuine humor not at the expense of these guys, but of all the back tracking that’s taking place. They are making their money with this one. They are working hard no doubt, but it has kinda been all for nothing to this point. This first one that breaks this story is gonna be a legend 😂

I especially like the desperation part - when "reporters" start quoting each other's story. I'd call it "circular journalism" because they go around chasing each other's tails like quoting someone else's rumor is supposed to legitimize it.

You need to check yourself or raise your standards. Or just stop running on the assumption I'm throwing out my uninformed opinion. He was oc for 1 season at Baylor. Sure they were 10-3 and 6-3 in conference, but their schedule wasn't very impressive.. again... they played some p5 teams that could be easily swapped with mid major.

Oh god, first he was OC there TWO years mr know nothing. You JUST asked if he could jump to p5 lolol. HE'S ALREADY BEEN THERE! Hahahaha. Stop the ignorance!!

Actually. If you had paid attention and come off that toffeed nosed high horse of yours you would see that it wasn't who everyone wanted to begin with.. ASTOUNDING

:smdh: the question was if Briles was the guy people wanted or he just gave us street cred. Question was not if he was everyone's first choice. Just who we want at this juncture. Learn to read lolol

How many Heisman Trophies do Briles have. I don’t think Weinke should run the O but work with the QBs would be a plus.
Just stop responding my guy. Your hole is getting deeper. You’re posts have you sounding like the guy that called into Vol calls sayin that you still had faith in butch last year bc he brought in the legacy class and all those all those 4 star recruits

Last edited:
Reactions: sonofUT62
heres a BIG Vol fan !

giphy.gif

Am I wrong in believing someone can learn Briles offense in two years? In two years, everyone on both offense and defense should know the playbook having practiced it and employed it in games. At that time, it comes down to leadership and that may be the hardest part to replace if he bolts. I for one would love to see this offense on the hill. I remember watching it at Baylor and thinking how is it that it is so explosive and against good teams as well?

Am I wrong in believing someone can learn Briles offense in two years? In two years, everyone on both offense and defense should know the playbook having practiced it and employed it in games. At that time, it comes down to leadership and that may be the hardest part to replace if he bolts. I for one would love to see this offense on the hill. I remember watching it at Baylor and thinking how is it that it is so explosive and against good teams as well?

He doesn't need no stinkin playbook!

FAU installs Kendal Briles' offensive system — without a physical playbook

Reactions: igotworms
Just stop responding my guy. Your hole is getting deeper. You’re posts have you sounding like the guy that called into Vol calls sayin that you still had faith in butch last year bc he brought in the legacy class and all those all those 4 star recruits
damn people, I can't use my words either!

Reactions: Behr
Lol seriously? No o-line coach in the country could do anymore with this group. Losing the two best to injury and having to move those guys around to fill holes created an impossible situation. And let’s admit it they aren’t the most talented group to start with.

Agree to a point but they were at full strength first game versus WV and looked as bad then as they did last game versus Vandy

VN Store

Back