Bruce Feldman on Briles

Not getting my hopes up...this stubborn attitude with position coaches is the very reason Cut didn’t come home after Lane bolted. My goodness, how much different our story would’ve been if he could’ve just brought his dang coaches with him!

Never easy here in TN.
Never easy trying to figure out the right path. I'm glad I don't have to make the decisions on hiring.

Pruitt has to let his OC hire his guys. We all seen what happened when Butch did not let Shoop bring his guys. There is no reason for Pruitt keeping Friend to begin with. Cant believe he still has a job today. Pruitt might want to do whats best for Tennessee and not for his Friends.
I don't very know much about reasons to keep or let Friend go. I am sure Pruitt will make the correct choice and if he decides to keep Friend, he has his reasons. We need to remember that Pruitt"s livelyhood depends on his decisions and how well they work out. If you have specific reasons, which are based on known facts why there is "no reason" to keep Friend, please inform those of us who have followed the Football Program at Tennessee since the mid 1940s. The first position which needs an influx of talent is the Oline. It may be that Friend is the lead recruiter for our two most important Oline recruits on which our offense will be very dependent. Those two recruits may be two reasons to keep Friend. If I am not correct, I will admit it on this board.

Considering that the offensive line was the equivalent of a bunch of donkeys trying to win the Kentucky Derby, I can disagree with you as to why Morris is still committed with Wright still in the picture... I’m not necessarily trying to defend CWF here, but it isn’t like he just all of the sudden forgot how to coach when he came to Tennessee.
I lived in Ga for 10 years and even the Ga fans and radio sport talk wanted Friend gone years before he left and now I understand why.

Lol seriously? No online coach in the country could do anymore with this group. Losing the two best to injury and having to move those guys around to fill holes created an impossible situation. And let’s admit it they aren’t the most talented group to start with.

That explains everything!

(just kidding, typo, i know)

Reactions: VolNExile
A smart OC would know how badly we need all our O line recruits and others that are considering coming to UT.

A smart OC would NOT risk losing all our O line recruits just to bring his buddy along with him to get him a raise.

Coach Friend has a very good track record and reputation and he's a good recruiter so it would be dumb to lose him and our O line recruits too.

Pruitt needs to p[ass on this deal.

We need the good recruiting of Friend as well as his ability to make players better and if a emergency comes up he can fill in as our OC if need be.

Coach Friend is a valuable asset for several reasons.

VFL...GBO!!!

There should be no snag. Do it. Question will there be blowback due to issues at Baylor under his dad?

The Bears’ offensive line paved the way for the nation’s highest-performing offense in 2015 -- led FBS in both scoring (48.1 points per game) and total offense (616.2 yards per game) for the third consecutive season -- led by unanimous All-American and Big 12 Offensive Lineman of the Year Drango. Three other linemen, Jarell Broxton, Kyle Fuller and Blake Muir, earned All-Big 12 honors.
• Baylor’s 2015 rushing attack ranked second nationally (326.7 yards per game) and broke the NCAA bowl record with 645 rushing yards in the Russell Athletic Bowl. The Bears offensive line ranked first in the Big 12 with 1.15 average sacks allowed per game.
• Clements’ 2014 offensive line powered the nation’s top offense (nation’s-best 48.2 points per game and 581.5 yards per game) to a second straight Big 12 championship. The Baylor line paved the way for a rushing game that averaged 215.5 yards per game (second in Big 12) and ranked fourth in league with 1.85 average sacks allowed per game. Three linemen were named All-Big 12, led by Drango who earned consensus All-America recognition.

I don't have a problem with him bringing his OL coach.

I lived in Ga for 10 years and even the Ga fans and radio sport talk wanted Friend gone years before he left and now I understand why.

GA fans are dumber than I credit them if this is true. Those O-lines Friend fielded at UGA we’re elite. Not D4H’s definition of elite, but truly elite.

Well Friend didn't exactly get the job done with the OL they should've improved. I don't blame the guy for wanting his own he wants to succeed here and having an OL coach you trust is huge.

Reactions: LAVol1 and tnvols72
If I am Pruitt, I don't let him bring his OL coach until after signing day or have Friend take an associate head coach type of thing and bring in this guy for OL.

VN Store

Back