Brent Hubbs can not be trusted

Brent is supposed to be one of the most respected guys in Knoxville. Don't be fooled. He is a pawn in the Haslam game. Over the last couple of days he has been banning people from his site that question Haslam and have information that is credible.

I assume and hope this site isn't biased, this is why I bring it here. This past week has been very eye opening for us Vol fans. The power struggle that has been going on behind the scenes for 10yrs was on full display for us all this week. The war is not over people, be very wary of who you put your faith in.

Brent Hubbs can't be trusted. Ask yourself why a man who has had more access to TN than anyone in Knoxville has never made one peep about the issues going on behind the scenes. Ask yourself why Jimmy Hyams claimed Reid Sigmon, Curries appointed no.2 man, was rumored to be the new AD before Fulmer was named.

Haslam's influence runs very deep in this community. They have held power for a very long time. Question everything. Why is Hubbs kicking numerous people off his site that have credible information against the Haslams. How did Hyams have information about Sigmon and Brohm that that was credible but then suddenly not accurate (I understand the Hysms jokes but let's be real now). There are people in this community that have been the mouthpiece of the powers that be for a long time. The people these guys get their information from are upset, change has happened. Consider the things that haven't added up. Consider how There people garner respect in their profession and clicks on their website. They stand to lose credibility and money with a power change, they lose money. There is still a snake in the grass, be careful.

BS

The problem I see with this is you state he kicks people off his site. How does he give them their money back? Volquest is a part of Rivals and it is $99 a year. You would have to go on a full blown cussing rant with obscene pictures threatening to blow the world up to get banned. Maybe no one read your post and it dropped down the list. Did you check page 3?

This is just not true. I'm here because I was recently banned from posting on VolQuest after 9ish years. Last Sunday, in fact. I did not break any rules, mind you. I think I was banned for pointing out that BRAJ had not been "seen" for ~3 hours on the board (...on Schiano day!!! ) I'm pretty sure it was Rob that banned me. He responded to my message asking why I was banned. He responded that they weren't running 'some kind of free speech forum," whatever that means...

Anyway, they didn't block my ability to consume their product (content),nor did they give me a refund. They merely banned me from posting because I pointed out that their board coverage was really bad for a paid site that night of all nights!

To the point of Brent being a Haslam shill- I don't buy it. He is definitely a mouthpiece for the AD, but I think mostly he is just very cautious in his reporting. That's the main problem over there- they don't post until they have multiple sources. In this day and age they just can't keep up.

Anyway, I cancelled my subscription which is set to run out in February. They offered me 4 free months but I went ahead and cancelled. GQ is by far my most visited website,but if my favorite restaurant banned me for pointing out they were giving bad service I'd never go back....so there you go.

:p
Has it ever occurred to you that he may know the truth and that others who think they know the truth may not know the truth? Or maybe no one really knows the truth!

Lotta truth in what you say. :eek:hmy:

Last edited:
Brent Hubbs is a rude snob. He was behind me in a grocery store at the beach when I recognized his voice. I turned and said, "I recognize that voice. I listen to it almost every day." He slightly nodded his head and pretty much ignored what I said. I wasn't trying to have a full-blown conversation, just complementing him. Anyway, he generally thinks he is better/smarter than Tennessee fans.

VN Store

Back