Brent Hubbs can not be trusted

Can save us both some time. Someone brought the entire conversation to the recruiting forum.
Now you can go over there and ask who brought it so it'll be real quick to pull up or you can go over there, tell them they didn't see it and make demands of them like you just did me, and see which one gets it for you quicker.

Demands? You made a claim.

Hubbs isn't so bad. His info is normally pretty accurate. Especially when it comes to recruiting news. It's all perspective. Obviously having good "sources" is vital to his own career. So, like ANY good reporter, sometimes he has to "walk the middle line" and leave certain things out, or state things a certain way. If he says any and every thing, and pisses off all the "powers that be", then no "sources" would ever give him reliable info on a regular basis. He's only protecting his own career. Understandable. Still one of the more accurate Vol reporters over the last 4-8yrs in my opinion(in basketball too). His recruiting info is usually solid.

The problem I see with this is you state he kicks people off his site. How does he give them their money back? Volquest is a part of Rivals and it is $99 a year. You would have to go on a full blown cussing rant with obscene pictures threatening to blow the world up to get banned. Maybe no one read your post and it dropped down the list. Did you check page 3?

Reactions: 1 person
The job of the media is to cover any true story...
with a pillow...
until it stops moving.

Knox sports media is no different, IMO.

Brent is supposed to be one of the most respected guys in Knoxville. Don't be fooled. He is a pawn in the Haslam game. Over the last couple of days he has been banning people from his site that question Haslam and have information that is credible.

I assume and hope this site isn't biased, this is why I bring it here. This past week has been very eye opening for us Vol fans. The power struggle that has been going on behind the scenes for 10yrs was on full display for us all this week. The war is not over people, be very wary of who you put your faith in.

Brent Hubbs can't be trusted. Ask yourself why a man who has had more access to TN than anyone in Knoxville has never made one peep about the issues going on behind the scenes. Ask yourself why Jimmy Hyams claimed Reid Sigmon, Curries appointed no.2 man, was rumored to be the new AD before Fulmer was named.

Haslam's influence runs very deep in this community. They have held power for a very long time. Question everything. Why is Hubbs kicking numerous people off his site that have credible information against the Haslams. How did Hyams have information about Sigmon and Brohm that that was credible but then suddenly not accurate (I understand the Hysms jokes but let's be real now). There are people in this community that have been the mouthpiece of the powers that be for a long time. The people these guys get their information from are upset, change has happened. Consider the things that haven't added up. Consider how There people garner respect in their profession and clicks on their website. They stand to lose credibility and money with a power change, they lose money. There is still a snake in the grass, be careful.

So silly and not true.

Lots of folks messing with other folks here. I have to admit it’s funny especially the ones who have no clue. Next thing you’ll see is a series on A & E....I can hear the theme music in my head now.

Someone calls Hubbs dishonest while Tony Basilio has passed on so many false stories that I would have to get second confirmation if he told me the sky was blue.

Reactions: 2 people
I suspect Brent does what he can to stay inside. That is his job. I’m sure he butters up to anyone including the Hoodlams to gain info. He’s just another talking head and they are a target for fake news. I don’t think any can be trusted.

Maybe Hubbs doesn't want to get sued for letting folks speculate on his site.
Then I suppose that the whole damn internet needs to be shutdown because that is what it is used for.....

just this coaching "search" alone contains 99% speculation.

Some of that speculation:

Coach Fulmer undermined the "search".
Manning hates Martin.
Brohm was offered the job.
Etc.

Now some of the facts:

Curried did not do a coaching "search". He was going to slip Schiano past the fan base because little jimmie told him to do so.

Currie then was picking names out of the phone book and just cold dialing them to see if they had interest in the UT coaching job.

Currie got his ass suspended/fired because he had his head up little jimmie's backside and somebody finally called BS on it.

little jimmie is a condescending dirtbag.

See the difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Can save us both some time. Someone brought the entire conversation to the recruiting forum.
Now you can go over there and ask who brought it so it'll be real quick to pull up or you can go over there, tell them they didn't see it and make demands of them like you just did me, and see which one gets it for you quicker.

This. He was being very negative of Haslam.

I had been wondering how it's not a conflict of interest for Hubbs to be doing play by play with Bob Kesling and be such a part of the post game show when he is running or part of a recruiting site?

seems these days most specialize in a diet of red herring...:)

PS. everything with a kiss and a grain of salt...:)

GO AD FULMER AND GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This. He was being very negative of Haslam.

I know he was.
I just don't care enough about whether or not people like Hubbs, for me to dig for the posts.

BH deletes many threads if they state speculation as fact and give false sources. He deleted a ton of the Gruden stuff. And every time he does, someone rushes here and makes accusation against him.

I actually agree with the op in that Brent does filter things. But of course he does! I mean DUH! - Caps lock for effect :)
You can't charge people for info unless you have sources. Yet people want him to badmouth his sources, no matter which side, and still expect him to have access to info. It's just stupid.

Every post he made about coaching candidates, ended with Schiano.
No matter how many times the names at the top changed, Schiano was always the last name. He downplayed the possibility of course but that goes right back to keeping your sources. It's my opinion and opinion only, that he was trying to let people know he had at least one source saying this. I didn't pay enough attention because I never dreamed UT would be stupid enough to actually make that hire. Guess I should have paid more attention.

Either way, the conversation was posted in the recruiting forum.
Unfortunately, that's the only thread on volnation longer than the Gruden threads. And I darn sure am not digging through all of it again lol. But if anyone here wants the actual truth, including the op, it's over there for the digging.

Brent is supposed to be one of the most respected guys in Knoxville. Don't be fooled. He is a pawn in the Haslam game. Over the last couple of days he has been banning people from his site that question Haslam and have information that is credible.

I assume and hope this site isn't biased, this is why I bring it here. This past week has been very eye opening for us Vol fans. The power struggle that has been going on behind the scenes for 10yrs was on full display for us all this week. The war is not over people, be very wary of who you put your faith in.

Brent Hubbs can't be trusted. Ask yourself why a man who has had more access to TN than anyone in Knoxville has never made one peep about the issues going on behind the scenes. Ask yourself why Jimmy Hyams claimed Reid Sigmon, Curries appointed no.2 man, was rumored to be the new AD before Fulmer was named.

Haslam's influence runs very deep in this community. They have held power for a very long time. Question everything. Why is Hubbs kicking numerous people off his site that have credible information against the Haslams. How did Hyams have information about Sigmon and Brohm that that was credible but then suddenly not accurate (I understand the Hysms jokes but let's be real now). There are people in this community that have been the mouthpiece of the powers that be for a long time. The people these guys get their information from are upset, change has happened. Consider the things that haven't added up. Consider how There people garner respect in their profession and clicks on their website. They stand to lose credibility and money with a power change, they lose money. There is still a snake in the grass, be careful.

Some people want to act like this is an inside look at the Russian mafia. Stop making this thing a James Bond movie and see it for what it really is. There are no conspiracies, no bodies with concrete boots in the bottom of the Tennessee river. It is simply a Big "sausage" contest or power play by a few deep pocket, jock sniffing boosters. The new money was tired of being told how things are gonna work by the old money. Nothing more, nothing less. However, the Godfather stance is certainly more entertaining, so I understand why people keep making $hit up and acting like Brent Hubbs or Beverly Davenport will kidnap your family or break your fingers for dissing them. It is actually pretty fun entertainment.

GBO!!

Wasn't it Hubbs that said Fulmer wasn't undermining the search?

Another he said she said, don't do as I say, and believe me everybody else is wrong thread.

Link to a lie detector test or witness to you taking truth serum?

Not saying you are lying but, not a lot of proof here to say Hubbs is either.

The last few weeks have been a combination of Salem Witch Hunt, Macarthyism, Khmer Rouge and Game of Thrones.

We're definitely chlorinating the Tennessee Vols Gene Pool!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back