Biscuits or Cornbread?

Biscuits or Cornbread?

• Total voters
Unpopular opinion: The cornbread thing is trite and should have played itself out weeks ago.

Edit

But funny video for sure.
tenor.gif

Moving Topic in a different direction. My mother used to make her biscuits in this fashion that we're not biscuit shaped at all but were thin on the edges. She did not make them often but when she did it was a special treat. Sadly, she is long gone now so I will never get a chance to ask her to tutor me in their production. I did find a picture of them on the Internet and they are called drop biscuits. Picture below

Attachments

• 20140613-drop-biscuits-daniel-gritzer-5.jpg
    20140613-drop-biscuits-daniel-gritzer-5.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 3
Moving Topic in a different direction. My mother used to make her biscuits in this fashion that we're not biscuit shaped at all but were thin on the edges. She did not make them often but when she did it was a special treat. Sadly, she is long gone now so I will never get a chance to ask her to tutor me in their production. I did find a picture of them on the Internet and they are called drop biscuits. Picture below
Never had something like that. Almost look like sausage balls.

My Mom made them the exact same way! Biscuits and her gravy were yummy.

My Mom made them the exact same way! Biscuits and her gravy were yummy.
My mom's favorite thing with biscuits with red-eye gravy (she called it grease gravy). Nobody else in the family liked that. That's too southern for me.

Last edited:

If they taste just like biscuits, but a little crunchier, then all she probably did was drop them onto a pan from a spoon instead of rolling the dough out and using a biscuit cutter to make rounds. Basically like a cookie. My Nana used to do that, but sometimes she she would add garlic and cheddar and serve them with a low country boil, like red lobster but better!!

If they taste just like biscuits, but a little crunchier, then all she probably did was drop them onto a pan from a spoon instead of rolling the dough out and using a biscuit cutter to make rounds. Basically like a cookie. My Nana used to do that, but sometimes she she would add garlic and cheddar and serve them with a low country boil, like red lobster but better!!
Yours is a good description

When visiting the grandparents in Mississippi as a kid we would have leftover cornbread with melted butter and maple syrup for dessert. It was good, but I prefer sopping up greens and peas with my cornbread.

Reactions: Tin Man
Y'all making me hungry

There's another question to be asked. Is it lunch or dinner and is it dinner or supper?

I grew up calling lunchtime dinner and dinnertime supper but then I met my wife and she corrupted my interpretation of everything lol.
Yes. It is either-both. I when I was a childm way back in time, it was Dinner and supper. When I moved to the big city, Atlanta, it became Lunch and Dinner. I respond to both and it has Not caused me any problem anywhere I have gone. If one eats a "big" meal around noon, I usually would call it Dinner, but if is a small meal I usually would call it Lunch.

My Mother used Dinner and Supper.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
This is getting a little tired. Just to be clear (after 10 years of sucking at football mind you) I don't give a crap if his favorite food is sheep balls. All I hear is cornbread this and cornbread that, win a few and then I will care what his favorite food is. Geez.

Last edited:
Have to go with the biscuit, but it has to be from scratch. I only like cornbread with a select few meals. Then again, I don't want a biscuit with my beans ever.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
This is getting a little tired. Just to be clear (after 10 years of sucking at football mind you) I don't give a crap if his favorite food is sheep balls. All I hear is cornbread this and cornbread that, win a few and then I will care what his favorite food is. Geez.

I get your point but I think it will take more than a “few” games for you to care.

Sheep balls? Where on earth is that even considered food?

VN Store

Back