Biscuits or Cornbread?

Biscuits or Cornbread?

• Total voters
That is the cold hard truth.
I mean you got a handful of different types of toast like Texas toast and some beafed up slices that think they can be a hamburger bun but it dont live up to the big dogs of bread.

Obviously, biscuit is a breakfast thing and cornbread is a supper thing. I wouldn't turn down either one.

Not that obvious. Biscuits have a a place at the supper table too. Fried chicken and country fried steak, both with mashed potatoes, are two meals that just don't feel complete without a biscuit, IMO.

Coach Jaw Jaw just about had an aneurysm trying to decide which he liked better! He was cracking me up. I am sure he had several helpings of both 10 minutes before the interview.

Not that obvious. Biscuits have a a place at the supper table too. Fried chicken and country fried steak, both with mashed potatoes, are two meals that just don't feel complete without a biscuit, IMO.
That's what dinner rolls are for. Biscuits leave the buffet when breakfast time is over! In my humble opinion..

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
The answer is 2 cups of Tube Rose self-Rising cornmeal. A cup and a half of milk. 2 eggs and then mix ingredients with a spoon in a bowl. Pull out an 8 inch black iron skillet and add a good dollop of Crisco butter stick and heat until extremely hot then add to cornmeal mixture and stir until it is thoroughly mixed. Pour back in said 8 inch black iron skillet and bake at 450 for 40 minutes or until golden brown. This is a country man's cornbread, I know I made it last night with smoke pork chops and pinto beans. I needed some greens. It is close to a perfect meal that you can get! GBO!

Reactions: Tin Man
I’m just waiting for the I hate cornbread jack wagons to show up so I can bash them for their personalities.

Both is the best answer.

What about toast?
Kentucky might as well join the Big 10 since their coach answered "toast". That might be an omen of things to come for Kentucky this year.
What an embarrassment to an otherwise proud and storied conference.

It's no coincidence that the basketball school sits right at the latitude line where restaurant personnel inexplicably offer tea only in that one sorry state of unsweetened-ness that renders it undrinkable.

Then they shrug about it before adding, "no one around here really orders tea."

I blink at them to break up what would be otherwise an overlong stare.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
My mama makes the best biscuits and cornbread so I’m good with either. If it’s life or death though I’m goin biscuits

Properly brewed tea doesn't need any sugar. It's fine for what it is.

"Sweet tea" aka Southern nectar of the gods is made while the tea is hot, cooled down proper-like, and served over ice when it's "warm outside." It's this whole other beverage...

Properly brewed tea doesn't need any sugar. It's fine for what it is.

"Sweet tea" aka Southern nectar of the gods is made while the tea is hot, cooled down proper-like, and served over ice when it's "warm outside." It's this whole other beverage...
I enjoy my sweet tea right after it's been brewed, piping hot. I also enjoy it cold. Both refreshing.

Reactions: k-town_king
Saturday, I plan to go to the abattoir at the Farmers' Market in town. The road there can take me by a restaurant that serves a made-from-scratch-that-mornin' cathead biscuit stuffed with a fried chicken breast and served with a side of gravy. As much as I love cornbread, the aforementioned would not work without the biscuit.

I do wonder if the popularity of the CJP cornbread answer and ensuing "cornbread quotes" on Volnation inspired that segment.

It's gotta be mama's biscuits, at any meal of the day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner btw). Mama makes excellent cornbread too though. Greasy and in the skillet, of course.

Kirby was right. It depends on who's making it! Made from scratch biscuits by somebody who knows how to make them is an art form. If they're coming out of a box or a frozen bag, then cornbread...

Funny video I ran across, has ESPN's Marty Smith and Ryan McGee asking SEC Head Coaches which they prefer and why. I bet you'll never guess what Pruitt's answer was!

What is your vote?

Need to add an option for "Depends on Situation".

VN Store

Back