Big Brother

It’s actually very easy to do that. I love Kentucky not cal. But yes Rick Barnes is the better x and os coach for sure. I also lived in Tennessee my whole life so I like the vols.

I get that, however I've lived in Alabama most of my life and have a hard time saying things like that about "you know who". Based on my experience, you are under no obligation to like the Vols, but I'm glad you do.

You are going to have to explore changing your forum name if your coming over to our side
I can agree with you on that. But I’m simply who I am and that’s a Kentucky fan that roots for Tennessee right behind Kentucky. I watch the games and know the Tennessee players just like I do the Kentucky players. I get this is a Tennessee forum and my name is the wrong team but I don’t get on here and bash Tennessee ever. Never have always rooting for them and this guy always says the same stuff when I post. I could get it if I was on here talking down about Tennessee but I root for them. Is the name that offensive? It seems to not bother people who actually read what is said but to some it seems like a real problem. Not being funny if it is a serious problem for me to express myself and post my opinion from my viewpoint I will gladly change my name. I come here for sports talk and there is always someone who acts like this is a serious club or something. I do apologize to all Tennessee fans that were offended for me saying Barnes ownes Cal. But from people’s response I only see one person that has a real problem with me posting. And it’s always the same guy saying no one cares. No one cares got it. Go Vols!!!?

Reactions: mercuryvol
I can agree with you on that. But I’m simply who I am and that’s a Kentucky fan that roots for Tennessee right behind Kentucky. I watch the games and know the Tennessee players just like I do the Kentucky players. I get this is a Tennessee forum and my name is the wrong team but I don’t get on here and bash Tennessee ever. Never have always rooting for them and this guy always says the same stuff when I post. I could get it if I was on here talking down about Tennessee but I root for them. Is the name that offensive? It seems to not bother people who actually read what is said but to some it seems like a real problem. Not being funny if it is a serious problem for me to express myself and post my opinion from my viewpoint I will gladly change my name. I come here for sports talk and there is always someone who acts like this is a serious club or something. I do apologize to all Tennessee fans that were offended for me saying Barnes ownes Cal. But from people’s response I only see one person that has a real problem with me posting. And it’s always the same guy saying no one cares. No one cares got it. Go Vols!!!?
You might avoid the forum trolls who dog every rival fan that show up but you do you!

It seems there are a lot of VFLs with pent up envy for those who have been winning during Tennessee's brief sports slump.

Sometimes we act like cajun rednecks who've won a balcony pass overlooking Bourbon Street for Mardi Gras ... and all we wanna do is pee off the balcony.

There's a reason it's called "trash talk"--and it ain't the talk. Let's learn to win (and see our rivals lose) with a little grace, because we're gonna be winning for awhile.

It seems there are a lot of VFLs with pent up envy for those who have been winning during Tennessee's brief sports slump.

Sometimes we act like cajun rednecks who've won a balcony pass overlooking Bourbon Street for Mardi Gras ... and all we wanna do is pee off the balcony.

There's a reason it's called "trash talk"--and it ain't the talk. Let's learn to win (and see our rivals lose) with a little grace, because we're gonna be winning for awhile.
I get all of it. But I’m here talking good about Tennesse. I love trash talk. I’m not offended. Guess me knowing I’m here as a fan of Tennessee and not a hater makes it seem odd this guy says the same thing every time I speak. I do get it tho and you sir do win i have no argument against you lol. Larkin 1-0

I get all of it. But I’m here talking good about Tennesse. I love trash talk. I’m not offended. Guess me knowing I’m here as a fan of Tennessee and not a hater makes it seem odd this guy says the same thing every time I speak. I do get it tho and you sir do win i have no argument against you lol. Larkin 1-0

And plus if I went to rupps rafters you would miss me if we are being honest. I give you a free shot to talk **** to a “Kentucky fan” and can take it. I just wish you would get more creative with the trash talk instead of “no one cares” every single time

Once every body gets their emotions out, it’s not going to seem that bad. This has happened to a lot of good teams, and it’s what makes the tourney so much fun. sister Jean anyone?
Actually a 2 seed eliminated by a 15 seed has only happened 9 times in NCAAT history prior to the Peacocks take down of blue blood KY making Coach Cal the true master of One and Done NCAA HOOPS.
Comparing the Sister Jean's Loyola of Chicago win to the Peacocks win is a non-starter. LOCHI 30-5 an 11 seed won over the Vols in the 2nd round after beating 7 seed Nevada
LOSING TO A 15 SEED LIKE ST PETE'S as an 18 point favorite in round one is a complete disaster for a Blue Blood program like KY (picked by many experts as a Final Four or even Champion.) That is nothing like our loss to Loyola Chicago

Ohio St is getting some rebounds because Loyola isn’t boxing out. Instead of putting a butt on someone they just crash the glass. Why doesn’t anyone box out anymore?

Edit: Oops! Wrong thread!

Actually a 2 seed eliminated by a 15 seed has only happened 9 times in NCAAT history prior to the Peacocks take down of blue blood KY making Coach Cal the true master of One and Done NCAA HOOPS.
Comparing the Sister Jean's Loyola of Chicago win to the Peacocks win is a non-starter. LOCHI 30-5 an 11 seed won over the Vols in the 2nd round after beating 7 seed Nevada
LOSING TO A 15 SEED LIKE ST PETE'S as an 18 point favorite in round one is a complete disaster for a Blue Blood program like KY (picked by many experts as a Final Four or even Champion.) That is nothing like our loss to Loyola Chicago

I get it. It’s a terrible loss, and in the tournament no less. Kentucky fans are doing to think it unacceptable just as a Tennessee fan had it happened to us.

But good teams lose to teams they have no business losing to in March. My point was this one game doesn’t make Kentucky an awful program or necessarily make Cal a bad coach anymore than it makes the Peacocks a blue chip program.

It’s one game. Kentucky’s basketball world might be set back a little, but I don’t think it’s falling apart. Though were that to happen i wouldn’t shed a tear.

I get it. It’s a terrible loss, and in the tournament no less. Kentucky fans are doing to think it unacceptable just as a Tennessee fan had it happened to us.

But good teams lose to teams they have no business losing to in March. My point was this one game doesn’t make Kentucky an awful program or necessarily make Cal a bad coach anymore than it makes the Peacocks a blue chip program.

It’s one game. Kentucky’s basketball world might be set back a little, but I don’t think it’s falling apart. Though were that to happen i wouldn’t shed a tear.
I get it too - and no it will not end the perception that KY is a blue blood program or the media build up and selection of KY as NC contender. The point I wanted to make is that Loyola Chicago was a sleeper team that went on to the Final Four after the win over the VOLS and if the Peacocks end up in the Final Four I may have to dine on crow but I don't think of St Pete's as a sleeper they just put down KY in one of the ALL TIME GREATEST UPSETS IN NCAAT HISTORY.

Reactions: walkenvol
I dont understand why some of these big name players dont see that Barnes is the better coach. Come to UT and get coached and get better. But i understand its all about getting to the league and getting paid. You can do that in Knoxville also.
These players..."one and done players" don't need Calapari to get them in the league if u are that good coming from high school your game is not going to improve that much with a season college BB and there are a lot players I have saw as freshmen as good or better than Kentucky freshmen I'm not a fan of Calapari I can think of many coaches that are better coaches but he has Ky job it's a big stage..... Go Vols.......

Reactions: cwbytruckers
In fairness, there’s not a lot that he could have done about the Memphis thing. The NCAA cleared Derrick Rose and said that his SAT score was legit. What’s he supposed to do? Call them liars and not play Rose? Any coach in that situation would have done the same thing.
I don’t think the Rose thing was that straight forward and I don’t believe he was completely cleared. If you have a link to that, I’ll say I’m wrong. But they didn’t just strip them of the Final Four for no reason. The entire thing stank to high heaven. I live in the Memphis area and had to watch it for the 9 years he was there. He was slimy and everybody knew it. Just smart enough to not get caught unlike Pearl. Memphis fans (and at one time KY fans) didn’t care as long as he won. Funny how winning will do that to a fan base.

These players..."one and done players" don't need Calapari to get them in the league if u are that good coming from high school your game is not going to improve that much with a season college BB and there are a lot players I have saw as freshmen as good or better than Kentucky freshmen I'm not a fan of Calapari I can think of many coaches that are better coaches but he has Ky job it's a big stage..... Go Vols.......
That’s the problem he is good at getting players prepared for the league. He gets players there that shouldn’t even be there. He presses the issue going pro even if a kid wants to stay in college. I’m glad players get drafted but Kentucky fans are tired of that being more important than the university. Cal has turned into a social worker. Don’t get me wrong Kentucky will be loaded again next year and have more talent than anybody in the country ON PAPER again. We will be in title talks next year just like this year but then will have the same basic offense and spoon fed kids waiting for the season to be over and excited about the draft. It was nice for a few years even lucked up and won it in 2012 but recently something isn’t the same. Like I was saying it’s not even the losses. It’s how he brushes them off like it’s not a big deal and the “kids” get to go make millions after using Kentucky like a street hooker. NBA is more important to Cal point blank period. He didn’t even have a shoot around before the Tennessee game because he wasn’t worried about the tournament. I get the games may be meaningless seed wise but they aren’t meaningless to the fans and university. I bet Tennesse is pretty proud of being conference champions. Feels good to win and Cal just isn’t winning with all the talent he has. If Anthony Davis wasn’t one of the most dominant defensive players college has ever seen he wouldn’t have that title. He didn’t coach that team to a title they were just that much better then everybody. The game has changed and he is on the hot seat. Maybe fans have no say so but I bet they will be heard when rupp is empty next year. Just glad I have somebody to root for till UK quits the circus show. Go Vols🧡

Reactions: Lankykong
Big shout out to the ncaa selection committee for getting it right by seeding KY with the highest ranked #2 seed and TN with the #3rd best three seed. It's obvious they put their due diligence to work figuring out the minute details of ranking teams prior to last Saturday so they could sit on their thumbs come Sunday!

You sir are correct. Cal better thank Anthony Davis for his only title. He won’t get another one

A few bounces here and there and Cal could easily have 3. Sometimes the game just doesn't go your way. That's just the ncaa tourney.

I've always joked that I'd rather lose in the first round than the last game so I guess I can't complain. This team had no chance to win a title or beat legitimately good teams late in the tourney.

Down the stretch this team fell apart. Grady couldn't shoot, we have about 4 forwards who mostly just run around but can't shoot, defend, rebound at high level. No guard could be consistent. Washington, Wheeler, Mintz would have a good game here and there but I never trusted them in big games when it mattered. And when it mattered most pretty much everyone disappeared outside Oscar. For a team with multiple veterans it was sad to see.

Reactions: Kentucky wildcat

VN Store

Back