Big Brother

There’s nothing to defend. He’s in the hall of fame for a reason. Izzo, K, and Boeheim have also lost in the first round as two seeds.
There’s also a reason he left UMASS and Memphis with NCAA issues when he left and my respect for the HOF went down when they let him in. He’s in the HOF because he refined cheating to an art form. Teflon Cal figured out how to stay at arm’s length and let others do the dirty work. Only two words you need to know- Worldwide Wes. His problem now is that everybody can pay NIL money legally so the playing field is leveled.

Reactions: kptvol1452
Cal isn’t going anywhere. But if he did, I wonder who they’d hire. When BG was fired, everyone kinda knew Cal would be the target. There isn’t an obvious name out there now. Would love to see them take Nate Oats from Bama.
He’s going nowhere because his buyout is equal to the GNP of a small country.

Tennesse is now officially Big Brother in both sports. Calapari is Garbage. Tennessee should be thankful to have a coach who can make in game changes. Cal should take notes from his daddy.
I am still not sure that he isnt still one of the best coaches in the land. I believe he recruits the wrong guys. I would say that most of his recruits are the one and dones and are supreme prima donnas.
They are really good players but they have no idea of the team concept. If he could get the really good players that have the same mindset that Barnes kids have, I think he could regain his former
place as a big winner.

It's now been 8 years since Cal took UK to the Final Four, as the 2nd highest paid coach in the NCAA. Fair ot not, the Final Four is the standard at UK and really any blueblood. Not sure how anyone can defend that now, HOFer or not.

But, it's delicious that UK is stuck with him. I've said for years, Cal is an elite recruiter and a very pedestrian X's and O's guy. Losing that game against St. Peters with such an overwhelming talent and size disparity validates that.

There’s also a reason he left UMASS and Memphis with NCAA issues when he left and my respect for the HOF went down when they let him in. He’s in the HOF because he refined cheating to an art form. Teflon Cal figured out how to stay at arm’s length and let others do the dirty work. Only two words you need to know- Worldwide Wes. His problem now is that everybody can pay NIL money legally so the playing field is leveled.
Everything you just said about Calipari can be said about any highly successful college basketball coach. You don’t think Coach K refined cheating to an art form? Well actually maybe not since we know about all the jobs and cash that has been given to Duke players and their families over the years. So I guess he isn’t as good at it as Calipari.
Every coach has a relationship with someone that does the dirty work. Like Bill Self and the Pump brothers. I guess you’re also disgusted that the Self is enshrined in Springfield.

Rationalize it all you want but they should never lose to a 15 seed. You do realize how rare that is, right?
It took a Chris Lofton 3 at the buzzer to prevent us from losing to a 15 seed 8-10 years ago (forget the opponent). That St Peters team was really talented. They aren’t a top 20 team in the 64 team field but probably not a bottom 20 either.

It's now been 8 years since Cal took UK to the Final Four, as the 2nd highest paid coach in the NCAA. Fair ot not, the Final Four is the standard at UK and really any blueblood. Not sure how anyone can defend that now, HOFer or not.

But, it's delicious that UK is stuck with him. I've said for years, Cal is an elite recruiter and a very pedestrian X's and O's guy. Losing that game against St. Peters with such an overwhelming talent and size disparity validates that.

How can you have Oscar on your team and lose to anyone. He is a rock solid double double every game. Cal can't build an offense around that using 5 star athletes?? There is no excuse for it, he is not doing his job. Not complaining just horse laughing.

Tennesse is now officially Big Brother in both sports. Calapari is Garbage. Tennessee should be thankful to have a coach who can make in game changes. Cal should take notes from his daddy.
Great, you've made your statement and case...head on back to Rupp's Rafters and complain there. WE DON'T CARE.

Reactions: MAD
I think even the ones that defend him no matter what will finally see what the other half has been preaching since 2015. The used car salesman gig is up now. Time to find a coach who doesn’t think he is bigger than the program. A Rick Barnes type of guy 🙂
There is only one Rick Barnes but I do know a Rick that can get you all winning in no time! He is a stud coach that currently coaches at a program called Iona. I think back in the 90's maybe 96 with Antoine Walker, Mercer, and that crew they won some games in Lexington. Bring back Rick Pitino!!! So what he smashed a fluzy on a table at Vincenzos and had some strippers entertain some recruits at UofL. I'd kick the tires on him, Brad Stevens, Samspon at Houston, and Billy Donovan.

It took a Chris Lofton 3 at the buzzer to prevent us from losing to a 15 seed 8-10 years ago (forget the opponent). That St Peters team was really talented. They aren’t a top 20 team in the 64 team field but probably not a bottom 20 either.

And there’s no reason for it to come to that either. If teams aren’t prepared that’s on the coach. Cal doesent get a pass.

The issue with Cal is he can’t acknowledge his weaknesses - scouting your opponent, knowing their strong and weak points, having a solid X and O man as your assistant, switching things up during games. He only wants to beat you down with overwhelming talent. I was stunned last night when he didn’t take a TO with 20 seconds to go in a tie game. He doesn’t have 1 play that guarantees the ball goes into O down low?

Reactions: Kentucky wildcat
Honestly, if Cal had ANY coaching ability, he would make sure that no one takes a shot until the big man touches the ball. Period!

Everything you just said about Calipari can be said about any highly successful college basketball coach. You don’t think Coach K refined cheating to an art form? Well actually maybe not since we know about all the jobs and cash that has been given to Duke players and their families over the years. So I guess he isn’t as good at it as Calipari.
Every coach has a relationship with someone that does the dirty work. Like Bill Self and the Pump brothers. I guess you’re also disgusted that the Self is enshrined in Springfield.
I consider Bill Self no better than Calipari and I agree that K joined the circus late in his career with getting in the mud for the one and dines. But nobody did it better than Teflon Cal. He’s the king of sleaze.

I consider Bill Self no better than Calipari and I agree that K joined the circus late in his career with getting in the mud for the one and dines. But nobody did it better than Teflon Cal. He’s the king of sleaze.
Do you think K started late in his career? Corey Maggette? Chris Duhon’s mom getting a job that she wasn’t qualified for? Carlos Boozer’s dad getting a job that he wasn’t qualified for? K has always been dirty. He’s just had the good fortune of having the national media I his back pocket for the past three decades.

Do you think K started late in his career? Corey Maggette? Chris Duhon’s mom getting a job that she wasn’t qualified for? Carlos Boozer’s dad getting a job that he wasn’t qualified for? K has always been dirty. He’s just had the good fortune of having the national media I his back pocket for the past three decades.
I would agree with that. He’s been like Cal in that he has other folks doing the dirty work. Self and Wade were a bit careless and got caught. And I agree that college basketball is the dirtiest game out there. All I’m saying is that Cal is the best at it and it’s really not debatable. Only coach out there that had 2 Final Fours vacated with two different schools and that speaks for itself. How he pulled that off and not get sanctioned himself is truly amazing and a tribute to his talents.

I would agree with that. He’s been like Cal in that he has other folks doing the dirty work. Self and Wade were a bit careless and got caught. And I agree that college basketball is the dirtiest game out there. All I’m saying is that Cal is the best at it and it’s really not debatable. Only coach out there that had 2 Final Fours vacated with two different schools and that speaks for itself. How he pulled that off and not get sanctioned himself is truly amazing and a tribute to his talents.
In fairness, there’s not a lot that he could have done about the Memphis thing. The NCAA cleared Derrick Rose and said that his SAT score was legit. What’s he supposed to do? Call them liars and not play Rose? Any coach in that situation would have done the same thing.

The issue with Cal is he can’t acknowledge his weaknesses - scouting your opponent, knowing their strong and weak points, having a solid X and O man as your assistant, switching things up during games. He only wants to beat you down with overwhelming talent. I was stunned last night when he didn’t take a TO with 20 seconds to go in a tie game. He doesn’t have 1 play that guarantees the ball goes into O down low?
Exactly

There is only one Rick Barnes but I do know a Rick that can get you all winning in no time! He is a stud coach that currently coaches at a program called Iona. I think back in the 90's maybe 96 with Antoine Walker, Mercer, and that crew they won some games in Lexington. Bring back Rick Pitino!!! So what he smashed a fluzy on a table at Vincenzos and had some strippers entertain some recruits at UofL. I'd kick the tires on him, Brad Stevens, Samspon at Houston, and Billy Donovan.
At this point I think some would welcome RP

VN Store

Back