Big 10+1 Commisioner

So I guess Ricky Williams wasn't real. Neither was Eric Crouch. Carson Palmer played up north as did Lienart and Bush.
And what do these players all have in common? DING DING DING, That's right, they all led thier teams OFFENSIVELY.

I guess Ohio Vol was on the game planning staff.

Regardless of whether or not the playbook was limited, whatever it was, Tee Martin made it work to the tune of an undefeated season and a National Championship. The supporting cast was at most as talented as the 1997 team, it most definitely was not more talented (in terms of positions being filled by '98 NFL Draftees by future NFL players.)

tee martin didn't make it work. tee martin didn't win a nc for tha vols. tha vols won a nc despite having martin at qb. compare tha defensive stats for 97 and 98, especially tha turnover rates, and there lies tha difference. with peyton at qb, tha vols still win a championship in 98. one more thing, tha heisman winners team does not have to be undefeated at tha end of tha regular season. tha florida game had nothing to do with peyton not winning tha award. peyton went in to tha kentucky game with tha lead for tha heisman. he threw for 500 yards that day and at end of tha day was second in voting for tha heisman. how do you lose tha lead while throwing for 500 yards?

tee martin didn't make it work. tee martin didn't win a nc for tha vols. tha vols won a nc despite having martin at qb. compare tha defensive stats for 97 and 98, especially tha turnover rates, and there lies tha difference. with peyton at qb, tha vols still win a championship in 98. one more thing, tha heisman winners team does not have to be undefeated at tha end of tha regular season. tha florida game had nothing to do with peyton not winning tha award. peyton went in to tha kentucky game with tha lead for tha heisman. he threw for 500 yards that day and at end of tha day was second in voting for tha heisman. how do you lose tha lead while throwing for 500 yards?
By playing UK instead of OSU.

Also, "tha" is not a word.

Going on 7. :ermm:

tha fact that this young man was 6 years in 97, makes his argument garbage. unless you were old enough to remember 97, don't bother arguing your case. you don't have a clue what you're talking about. woodson was espn's darling and that made a big impact. had espn endorsed manning in tha same manner, tha voting wouldn't have been close. since woodson played on abc every weekend, he was tha one getting tha attention. tha same people endorsing woodson was also saying ryan leaf would make a better pro qb than peyton manning. we all know how that turned out.

Fine, just because it does go to stat machines sometimes (and 2000 yards is certainly no small task), doesn't mean it should always go to someone else. Who would you have given it to in 1998 anyways.

al wilson. if you're giving it to a guy shutting down a wr, give it to a guy shutting down entire offenses. :the_finger:

500 yards is hard to put up on any d1 school. also, you don't really believe i don't know tha is not a word, do you?
You tell me. You are the one who seems to use it quite often.

I could care less if 500 yards it hard to put up against any D1 school. Woodson took the Ohio State game into his hands and won the game for Michigan, thus saving their shot at the National Championship. Woodson's performance against Ohio State was far and away more outstanding than Peyton's against UK.

peyton went in to tha kentucky game with tha lead for tha heisman. he threw for 500 yards that day and at end of tha day was second in voting for tha heisman.
I am also curious as to how you are privy to such insider information. The Heisman is not voted on on a weekly basis, as are the Coaches Poll and AP Poll. So, only one person ever has the lead in the Heisman race...the winner, on the day the award is handed out.

You tell me. You are the one who seems to use it quite often.

I could care less if 500 yards it hard to put up against any D1 school. Woodson took the Ohio State game into his hands and won the game for Michigan, thus saving their shot at the National Championship. Woodson's performance against Ohio State was far and away more outstanding than Peyton's against UK.

not even close. peyton throws for over 500, woodson runs a punt back for a touchdown. that's one play. he wins tha heisman on one play and that's pretty much tha truth. he shut down tha osu wr who was garbage anyway, big deal. go cheer for texas, apparently that's who you think tha real ut is anyway. no real vol fan is stupid enough to think woodson's heisman win was legit.

I did not know that being a "real vol fan" required believing in massive conspiracy theories...

However, I am inspired by your post. Being called "stupid" by someone who cannot spell "the" correctly always brightens my day.

I did not know that being a "real vol fan" required believing in massive conspiracy theories...

However, I am inspired by your post. Being called "stupid" by someone who cannot spell "the" correctly always brightens my day.

not really a conspiracy. it's not hard to see that when a show on tha largest sports channel, that happens to be called college gameday, is pushing your heisman campaign it carries alot of weight. i don't think they were anti-peyton but no doubt, they were for tha most part, pro-woodson.

I doubt that most Heisman voters watch a television program geared towards 15-24 year old football fans.

Actually, the answer is most Heisman voters are on site at whatever football game they are covering that day. Between setup, pregame, game, and post game, they do not have time to watch ESPN College Game Day. Most are relying on the other writers they work with to tell them how other players and teams looked in their games. These other writers they are relying on...were on site at said games. Again, not watching ESPN College Game Day.

Therefore, what ESPN decides to broadcast has little sway over those actually voting.

Actually, the answer is most Heisman voters are on site at whatever football game they are covering that day. Between setup, pregame, game, and post game, they do not have time to watch ESPN College Game Day. Most are relying on the other writers they work with to tell them how other players and teams looked in their games. These other writers they are relying on...were on site at said games. Again, not watching ESPN College Game Day.

Therefore, what ESPN decides to broadcast has little sway over those actually voting.

that's not true. espn gets people talking. it's called hype, it has to start somewhere. i don't know what shell you think tha heisman voters live in but they hear this hype and get caught up in it. whether they realize it or not. look i said it is done. in my opinion, peyton was by far tha best college football player in 97. in yours i guess not, no big deal.

Stop saying "tha". It is neither cute nor witty. It displays a sincere lack of intelligence and a great deal of sloth. I understand it could be a bad habit you have gotten into to. However, stop being lazy and fix it.

Stop saying "tha". It is neither cute nor witty. It displays a sincere lack of intelligence and a great deal of sloth. I understand it could be a bad habit you have gotten into to. However, stop being lazy and fix it.

Find something better to nitpick....

VN Store

Back