Big 10+1 Commisioner

My point is you guys probably all loved Manning, and were hoping he would win the whole time. Just because the media may at times show bias, doesn't mean it is always wrong. Woodson had an unbelievable year that year, and it was hard to not pick him that year.

You have admitted that the Hypesman is a subjective award, so why are you arguing?

You're right. If not for the fact that Manning was far and away the best player in college football that year, Woodson may have warranted consideration. But since Manning was around....

My point is you guys probably all loved Manning, and were hoping he would win the whole time. Just because the media may at times show bias, doesn't mean it is always wrong. Woodson had an unbelievable year that year, and it was hard to not pick him that year.

So did Manning. Seriously, arguing that Woodson was a better football player that year than Manning really is ridiculous.

The media bias was never more apparent in my eyes than this year for Brady Quinn. Every good team Notre Dame played he was garbage and they got worked...yet he still made it to New York...I'm not saying he isn't good but the only reason he was in the conversation is because the media pumped him up so much at the beginning of the year...

So did Manning. Seriously, arguing that Woodson was a better football player that year than Manning really is ridiculous.

If it was that crazy, then he probably wouldn't have won. The media didn't draw Woodson's name out of a hat and say, "Hey, let's get him the Heisman because we hate Manning and everybody in the South."

Especially if you are arguing about a subjective award for something that you never even saw.

If it was that crazy, then he probably wouldn't have won. The media didn't draw Woodson's name out of a hat and say, "Hey, let's get him the Heisman because we hate Manning and everybody in the South."

No, they picked him based on ratings. Do you realize how much greater a population density you have up there than down here???

Another thing, try running a poll about this on a Michigan board and see if you get similar results. I'm sure people here are more bias to Manning than the media to Woodson.

Another thing, try running a poll about this on a Michigan board and see if you get similar results. I'm sure people here are more bias to Manning than the media to Woodson.

That's because Michigan fans are a bunch of drunken inbred gutter trash.

And yet they're so far above Ohio State fans that it's crazy.

I can only imagine what they would say. Heck, they were still arguing that they deserved to play in the BCS championship after losing to tOSU.

That's because Michigan fans are a bunch of drunken inbred gutter trash.

And yet they're so far above Ohio State fans that it's crazy.

I actually heard that phrase used towards Michigan fans while visiting Columbus for the Michigan/Ohio State game this past season.

Even better... ask a 'bama board since they don't have a horse in the race, yet they HATE UT.

I bet you they say Manning and it isn't even close. :whistling:

Even better... ask a 'bama board since they don't have a horse in the race, yet they HATE UT.

I bet you they say Manning and it isn't even close. :whistling:

Poll anyone outside the South who paid attention to football that year or spent anytime looking at the year of either of the 2 guys and see what they say.

Poll anyone outside the South who paid attention to football that year or spent anytime looking at the year of either of the 2 guys and see what they say.

Why would we need to ask anybody that spent time actually watching the 2 players play when we can ask you?

Why would we do that? In the BCS era, 7 of 9 national championships* have come from what's generally referred to as "The South". Why venture into the land of inferior football to ask what they think?

*it's actually 8, but I figure Ohio State idiots will clamor if I don't recognize them instead of the true 2002 champions, the University of Miami

Why would we do that? In the BCS era, 7 of 9 national championships* have come from what's generally referred to as "The South". Why venture into the land of inferior football to ask what they think?

*it's actually 8, but I figure Ohio State idiots will clamor if I don't recognize them instead of the true 2002 champions, the University of Miami

It's 8... Miami was robbed.

VN Store

Back