Big 10+1 Commisioner

Here's a plain fact for a supposed Vol fan who has Big Ten Love.

Thru Mid October Manning was the far and away leader in the Hypesman voting. At that time ESPN started and unpresidented public and private push for Woodson. ESPN only used Woodson because he was a defensive player but they would have taken anyone. Those of us who lived it know it, those who still had bedtimes need not weigh in on things they know nothing of.... facts not big ten fiction

As for Martin being better than Manning..... someone needs to learn football.... Martin wouldn't be close to Manning even if he had 2 lifetimes to perfect QB play

I hate the Big 10. That has nothing to do with it.

Yes after the Ohio State one, he came to a dead stop in the endzone, was mobbed by his teammates then struck it.

Close, but not quite . . .

A few more seconds, and he would've done it. Right leg up. Right arm extended stiffly to ward off pursuers. Left arm tucking in its treasure tightly, as if the ball were the Heisman Trophy he hopes to receive when the winner is announced Saturday.
After his 78-yard punt return for a touchdown that sparked No. 1 Michigan to victory over Ohio State on Nov. 22, however, Charles Woodson couldn't strike the pose made famous by the Heisman's statue. "I was going to do it," he said, "but my teammates mobbed me too fast" in the end zone, and the moment was gone

Why does it matter one bit what anyone thought going into last season?

Facts are he produced and it was 100% percent better than the year before...

Nobody is arguing that Ainge didn't produce last year. Lay off of the mushrooms...

All I stated was that whenever he went back to pass, the 2005 LSU game (and pretty much other incidents in 2005) were still fresh in my mind.

All I stated was that whenever he went back to pass, the 2005 LSU game (and pretty much other incidents in 2005) were still fresh in my mind.

That's understandable for the first part of the season, but how could you not realize he was completely different after a few games?

A few more seconds, and he would've done it. Right leg up. Right arm extended stiffly to ward off pursuers. Left arm tucking in its treasure tightly, as if the ball were the Heisman Trophy he hopes to receive when the winner is announced Saturday.
After his 78-yard punt return for a touchdown that sparked No. 1 Michigan to victory over Ohio State on Nov. 22, however, Charles Woodson couldn't strike the pose made famous by the Heisman's statue. "I was going to do it," he said, "but my teammates mobbed me too fast" in the end zone, and the moment was gone

Well I'll be damned I could've swore he did it.

However Howard should have patented it.

That's understandable for the first part of the season, but how could you not realize he was completely different after a few games?

For the same reason someone else was jittery about Tee Martin dropping back to pass late in the season in 1998...

Go back a few pages to see how all of this started. :crazy:

For the same reason someone else was jittery about Tee Martin dropping back to pass late in the season in 1998...

Not really . . . I never thought Martin was a bad QB. It's just that he was more of a Brett Favre type with a rocket arm that sometimes got away from him. He could throw balls into places that other guys couldn't even think about and it scared me every time he rifled one.

I'll never forget sitting in some really bad end zone seats in Athens in 1998. Martin threw a TD pass and threw the ball so hard that I literally could hear the WR's gloves pop when he caught it.

Let me just say this. If Peyton was the God some people seem to think he is, then he would have won more than one region. (the south) It wasn't just a bunch of northerner that thought Woodson was deserving. No one here has actually tried to convince me that he was. No one year would actually give respect to a Michigan player. Basically from what I know that year. Manning was a stat machine. And if the award was supposed to go to a stat machine, then fine. But it was supposed to go to Most Outsanding Player, and Woodson was in my eyes, and the eyes of many, the most outstanding player. Some of you may be bias towards Manning, I don't know. But obviously, since I was young, I wasn't worshiping the ground Manning walked on. I view that year with very little bias, and I just don't see how anyone was more deserving than Woodson.

Let me just say this. If Peyton was the God some people seem to think he is, then he would have won more than one region. (the south) It wasn't just a bunch of northerner that thought Woodson was deserving. No one here has actually tried to convince me that he was. No one year would actually give respect to a Michigan player. Basically from what I know that year. Manning was a stat machine. And if the award was supposed to go to a stat machine, then fine. But it was supposed to go to Most Outsanding Player, and Woodson was in my eyes, and the eyes of many, the most outstanding player.

Woodson was a helluva player, it's just that Peyton was better :)

VN Store

Back