Big 10+1 Commisioner

You're right, he should have won the Heisman because he was far and away the best player in college football that year.

I shouldn't admit this, but I think I spent the entire 1998 season holding my breath every time Tee Martin dropped back to pass. He got the job done, but he scared me to death.

I shouldn't admit this, but I think I spent the entire 2006 season holding my breath every time Eric Ainge dropped back to pass. He got the job done, but he scared me to death. :ermm:

Bro, find me one post where I said Peyton should have won the heisman...I never even got into that discussion...nice try...

I never said you did. I just don't think saying he was better than Martin helps the arguments of any who said he did.

I shouldn't admit this, but I think I spent the entire 2006 season holding my breath every time Eric Ainge dropped back to pass. He got the job done, but he scared me to death. :ermm:

You need to find another team to root for...you will choose any angle you can to be negative about the football team...

I was pretty much cured of holding my breath for Erik Ainge pass attempts sometime during the Florida game.

Here's a plain fact for a supposed Vol fan who has Big Ten Love.

Thru Mid October Manning was the far and away leader in the Hypesman voting. At that time ESPN started and unpresidented public and private push for Woodson. ESPN only used Woodson because he was a defensive player but they would have taken anyone. Those of us who lived it know it, those who still had bedtimes need not weigh in on things they know nothing of.... facts not big ten fiction

As for Martin being better than Manning..... someone needs to learn football.... Martin wouldn't be close to Manning even if he had 2 lifetimes to perfect QB play

I know for sure he and Winslow did it. I just wasn't sure if Woodson pulled it out, too.

Winslow did it after scoring his one TD that season. Woodson did after he returned a punt for a TD. I'm almost certain he struck the pose.

Considering I was responding to him asking me if I thought Martin was better than Manning, then there is nothing wrong with me quoting him.

Correct but to go on and give the impression that I said Peyton should have won the heisman was wrong...

Winslow did it after scoring his one TD that season. Woodson did after he returned a punt for a TD. I'm almost certain he struck the pose.

Yes after the Ohio State one, he came to a dead stop in the endzone, was mobbed by his teammates then struck it.

VN Store

Back